“Love the open mics and live music while you eat.”
Review of Melton's

Melton's
Ranked #64 of 104 Restaurants in Melton Mowbray
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've been coming here most weeks for over a year.

Friday is open mic night and Saturday they have booked act. The open mics have given me a chance to develop a hobby with the guitar and a group of people to discuss it with.

The food during the day is very good and the ristretto is probably the best coffee in town.

We love the place so much, my fiance and I had our engagement party there too. The rental was free with a very reasonable charge for optional food and music and everyone had a fantastic time.

Hope to see you there! :)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

lovely little place away from the market place came here today with my sister and my neice my sister had the chocolate milkshake made with ice cream which was lovely, and we had 2 chicken bacon and stilton baguettes which were so tasty and plenty of salad with a dressing on the side and the price was great too, will defiantly be back :)

1  Thank shell1823
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A fabulous little find. My wife and I have vitited Meltons a number of times on a Friday evening for their open-mic nights. Lively music, great wines and scrumptios pizza served by very friendly staff.

1  Thank Whotheheckami
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely pizza. Quality live music. Lovely owner & service. My mate John & I were down from West Yorkshire on a guitar buying trip so what better place for some scram & live music than Meltons Music Cafe on a Friday Open Mic night. I'd pay good money to see the bottleneck Delta Blues player again, and Pete, Melton's owner (& top bloke) sings & writes exquisite songs. Other performers were less accomplished but equally warmly received.
Even the recorded music between acts was ace; one singer/guitarist I felt compelled to enquire about transpired to be a recent Melton's performer: Blues Beaten Redshaw.
The menu is limited - it might be just the select your own ingredients pizza as I didn't look beyond that. I didn't need to; it was at the very least as good as anything I've had at Pizza Express and considerably cheaper. If memory serves 2 toppings were £7.45, 4 toppings £8.45 provided by Kirsty, the perfect hostess and partner to the equally hospitable Pete. There was a choice of cold bottled lagers and I spotted a Speckled Hen.
This is the fist time I've felt compelled to write a review on TA, or wished I could transport a place, and its people, to my locality.
I cannot recall ever going to a restaurant and feeling so welcome - we really did feel as if we'd popped in to eat, listen to good live music with friends.
We had such a good night at Meltons we're planning to pack the car with fellow strummers and pickers, and perhaps pluck up the courage to do a turn at the mic on a return visit.
It was criminally quiet for a Friday night - I was told unusually so - but if you Meltonians don't appreciate fine pizza and free quality entertainment, we'd welcome Pete, Kirsty and Meltons Music Cafe around these parts.

1  Thank Gerry N