Ragdale Hall Spa
Scalford Hall Hotel(Melton Mowbray)
US$66
US$129
US$120
Priceline
Harboro Hotel(Melton Mowbray)
US$93
US$90
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Melton Mowbray Hotel(Melton Mowbray)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
Quorn Lodge Hotel(Melton Mowbray)
US$68
US$106
US$91
TripAdvisor
1,445 results
All reviewscandle poolbreakfast in bedexercise classesbuffet lunchinfinity poolinclusive treatmentsmy mumflip flopssuperior roomchanging roomsfull body massagesteam roommain pooltreatment roomsovernight reviver breakonce a yeareconomy room
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our second visit this year and no wonder! The staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble. Richard Norton and his team in the restaurant are always on hand, checking that everything with the food and service is fine. Alison Stonehouse, Paul, Emma and Jo in guest liaison are there to welcome you like old friends and always make time to talk to you during the day. Everything about Ragdale is wonderful, my daughter and I go there to be looked after and pampered. It's like going home. Wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was my Daughters first visit to Ragdale as we were celebrating her 21st. It was my fourth visit. Ragdale Hall has it all. So many try to imitate it but there is simply only one Ragdale. Food, accommodation, treatments and staff were first class.

Will return no matter what!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Haven't been for a number of years -and loved it then but these are the key points:

From the moment you get there you are treated like a VIP -car parking, the way staff talk to you, consistency of service is amazing. It's a pricey treat but absolutely worth it.

Facilities are fantastic -everything is quality but not in a way that you feel you cant sit down!

Food - I don't think this is praised enough in reviews. We go away monthly to hotels and restaraunts that are 5*plus but we haven't experienced the fresh and innovative high quality food the head chef and his team offer. Think we met him in the corridor (only querying as if it was him given his top role he has he was like all the other staff -absolutely lovely and keen to find out what you thought.)

I think this place works on a John Lewis model where the staff value the owners and genuinely enjoy their job.

I am really sad about going home tomorrow -usually I am ready go but this place really is special.

I can't wait to come back.

Jackie Kelly

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alcotts
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was my second trip to Ragdale this year. The welcome and staff are wonderful. We had a standard room this time and it was ideal just for sleep. I'd rather spend the extra money on treatments than pay £200 more for a room where I spend so little time.

The dining room has been renovated since my last visit but this isn't really noticeable. It's an old country house and the dining room is in keeping with this. I enjoy the food at Ragdale and there is plenty of choice.

We were on the Ragdale Weekender and I chose the back massage and soft touch body stretch. The massage was good but the soft touch body stretch was strange-even the therapist described it as "an odd and pretty pointless treatment" which pretty much summed it up.

I love the new Beauty Express treatment room. I don't know at least 2 weeks in advance which treatments I might want so it's great to be able to just wander in and book a neck and shoulder massage (of which I had 2!) or a scalp massage,foot treatment, facial or plenty of other treatments to choose from. I find the stafff in there really helpful and knowledgeable plus very happy to book treatments around your current schedule.

The best part of Ragdale for me is the spa area. It has many rooms and something for everyone.

Now my concern. On my previous visits despite Ragdale being busy it has never seemed busy -they always seem to get it right. Not so this time. It was packed on the Sunday .Obviously there is a limit for the number of residential guests because of the number of rooms. Not so this time. It was crammed full of day guests and noisy large groups.

It is concerning that they are just so concerned about making money that they will book in far too many day guests without a thought that it will then be too busy. I imagine it will be even worse in summer so I definitely won't be returning then! On several occasions I went to use a steam room/sauna and it was completely full .The outdoor waterfall pool was packed with people crammed in on both sides. This is definitely something Ragdale need to address if they don't wish to alienate residential guests. I really hope Ragdale doesn't turn into a mass market place and lose its uniqueness.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank hollyaddy
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband last Summer who proposed in the garden after dinner one evening! Our stay was absolutely fabulous and this was my third stay.

The service was faultless in every area apart from the walk in beauty express room next to the treatments waiting area. I had a nail treatment and the staff were so rude. They talked amongst themselves whilst treating me and made no effort to make any conversation with me or make me feel comfortable in any way. The treatment was not up to a great standard either.

This put Ragdale to shame as every other single aspect was perfect. I did complain at the time and was refunded the cost of the treatment but I would have preferred a better service.

It saddens me to write this as I love Ragdale Hall but this didn't seem to live up to their usual high standards.

• Stayed: August 2013