“Excellent stay, again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melton Mowbray
Ragdale Hall Health Hydro & Thermal Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay, again”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It is so nice to be welcomed as a returning guest. I want to go back again!

The treatments are really excellent and the ambiance of Ragdale Hall was really relaxing. I enjoyed every mouthful of the beautifully presented food and the service I received could not be topped.

The room was spacious and as a disabled guest there was more than enough space in the room and shower room for my wheelchair. The pools were easy to access and there is a disabled changing room with it's own toilet and shower.

There are plenty of activities, if you want to get yourself involved. I tried one of the pool classes and it was very enjoyable, but if you want to sit and read there are numerous quiet places to enjoy inside and outside.

I cannot praise all of the staff enough, they were extremely helpful and cheerful. Many of staff I spoke to have been working at the Hall for several years and enjoyed being there, which showed. Who wouldn't want to work in a place with such glorious grounds?

A few doors which open automatically would have made my stay easier but I always found somebody to hold the door open for me, but I do like to be more independent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
atradiesvic
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Beautiful place and peaceful surroundings, fantastic food- I am lactose intolerant and I was well catered for, they label all the food with what allergens it contains which makes life a lot easier, staff very friendly and helpful, great treatments. Loved the thermal spa especially the candle pool! would go back!

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My first visit was excellent I stayed in a Superior Plus room and paid the extra premium as a single guest it was well worth it.
Unfortunately for my second visit even though I asked to book a Superior Plus room I was told that as a single guest I could not book this, I was informed that there was not much difference in the standard of room although it was slightly smaller! This was not the case and the noise from other guests was totally unacceptable, after mid night and before 7am there was no control. What a shame as the facilities and treatments are some of the best I have come across.
Even after raising my concerns whilst at Ragdale and following up my concerns in writing after I returned home the response I got was not very understanding and in fact has made me feel that Ragdale is looking to attract high numbers/volumes and not really interested in the single guest. I would strongly suggest that if you are planning to go to Ragdale as a single guest and you need sleep/rest ensure you have at least a Superior Plus room, if this is not available do not book.

Room Tip: If a single guest pay go for a minimum of Superior Plus, anything less do not book if you need sleep...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank wendy E
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was our fifth stay at Ragdale and it did not disappoint. There is always something new and better than last time. The new outdoor pool area is super, food was great and the treatments were some of the best we had ever had. Well done Ragdale.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Really can't fault Ragdale Hall. Staff excellent . Nothing is too much trouble. Treatments excellent. Decided to have room service one night but didn't fancy the room service menu. I mentioned this to the dining room manager who told me to choose anything at all from the main menu and it would be no problem. No charge for room service either. No charges for robes any more so no more complaints should be written about that. The night porters are wonderful. If you can't sleep nip downstairs for a cuppa and a chat. The porters and guest liaison on arrival are terrific and make you feel really special. More refits are being done. The dining room has been beautifully refurbed and now they are doing the gift shop, then the beauty shop. It's like the Forth bridge never ending, there is always something being updated but it is all done very succinctly so you don't really notice. Whilst Ragdale has the same owners I don't think there will ever be a problem.

Room Tip: The superior rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I visit Ragdale annually and have just returned from an Overnight Reviver Break. We stayed in Room 34, which is a Superior Double on the top floor of the original old building, facing the front. Beautiful room, although the bathroom was fairly small compared to Room 36 on the same floor, which is a Superior Twin. The weather was fantastic so all the doors were thrown open and visitors were able to wander freely in and out with drinks and snacks. The service was second to none, as always, with all the staff polite, friendly and eager to please. I had the Decleor facial as part of the package, which was carried out by Olivia, and had a foot and leg massage as well on the Sunday morning, which was wonderful. The therapist used Elemis products and was able to tell me about the products without giving it the 'hard sell.' Everything about this wonderful Spa spells luxury. The staff are always available to chat, should you want to, and yet are unobtrusive if you don't need them. I have visited other spas in the past, but this wonderful place just outshines the rest. Can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms in the old hall have lots of character.
1 Thank Alison E
Kent. UK
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was my first stay at Ragdale Hall. I was very impressed. We stayed the weekend before chrismas. Even though it was fully booked it didn't seem that busy.
Really liked the variety of the different rooms in the spa area. Treatments were very good. I enjoyed the classes.
Liked having breakfast in bed.

It was a nice change to be able to stay in my robe for dinner unlike at Grayshotts or Champneys were you have to get dressed.

Would visit again.

Premier Inn Melton Mowbray Hotel
Premier Inn Melton Mowbray Hotel
#3 of 7 in Melton Mowbray
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa

Been to Ragdale Hall Health Hydro & Thermal Spa? Share your experiences!