Ragdale Hall Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Scalford Hall Hotel(Melton Mowbray)
US$84
Hotels.com
Harboro Hotel(Melton Mowbray)
US$96
Toprooms.com
Quorn Lodge Hotel(Melton Mowbray)
US$78
Priceline
Premier Inn Melton Mowbray Hotel(Melton Mowbray)(Great Value!)
US$107
Toprooms.com
TripAdvisor
Priceline
1,432 results
All reviewscandle poolbreakfast in bedexercise classesbuffet lunchinfinity poolinclusive treatmentsmy mumflip flopssuperior roomchanging roomsfull body massagesteam roommain pooltreatment roomsovernight reviver breakonce a yeareconomy room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my 6th visit to Ragdale and this time with my 21yr daughter to celebrate 2 special birthdays. I first visited in 1999 and have seen many changes! Everything about our stay was lovely. We booked an economy room which had lovely décor and was perfect as little time is spent in the room other than sleeping as there are so many other relaxing areas. I don't agree with another comment here about the breakfast. I think it is great having breakfast delivered to your room. The choice is wide and there is plenty to eat however you are at a spa so the choices are healthy and so if you want to fill your boots with a huge full English then you are staying in the wrong place! The treatments are special and so relaxing, there are a good range of classes for those of us staying just a few nights, and the pool and thermal spa are fab.

The dining room décor is restful and the food is very good indeed with a good wine list. My only niggle is that the dining room was very busy at each of our mealtimes and as a result service was pretty slow. My only concern for Ragdale is that it is in danger of becoming a victim of it's own success and sacrificing quality for increasing capacity. It would be a shame if the increasing number of guests begins to take away the special and tranquil atmosphere that is Ragdale.

That said - I'm looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sazka14
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

So many problems such a shame advice is spent your money on one of the many other spa resorts such as pennyhillpark which is fantastic
This place has no care and food is poor it actually ran out at lunch time!! Dinner was better but the whole place lacks atmosphere

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Londonsebastian
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My Mum and I went to Ragdale Hall on the overnight reviver break to celebrate her 60th birthday. I had previously done the same break with a friend earlier in the year and enjoyed it then which prompted me to rebook for this special occasion.

Overall Ragdale Hall is fantastic. The building is beautiful and it's in a lovely location. The facilities are second to none and the pool and thermal spa areas are better than any other spa I've been to. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful overall and there's a good range of classes to try out. The treatments are extremely luxurious and the majority of the therapists are excellent. I stayed in the Lodge the first time I went which was a nice spacious room. The more recent time we could only get an economy room but it was actually really nice and a lot better than I had expected.

We enjoyed the food - lunch and dinner were both great, and it was nice that complementary tea and coffee was provided after lunch and dinner, in addition to still or sparkling water being provided free of charge with lunch and dinner. We paid for a late lunch in the Verandah cafe when we arrived and that was very tasty and pretty good value. Breakfast is definitely the weak point in terms of the food - we would have preferred to go to a restaurant for buffet breakfast than to have to choose the previous day and to have it delivered to the room quite early (they are trialling letting guests have breakfast in the Verandah cafe a bit later and this may be worth trying, but I think you still have to make your choices the previous day).

In terms of value, it isn't cheap but it's worth it - you are getting quality and good service, but it comes at a cost - like most things!

Okay - now I'm going to be picky. There are a few niggles and if these were sorted it would be perfect - to be frank that's what I expect for the prices that Ragdale charges. I talked about breakfast above. On some packages you have to pay for robe hire (not the one we went on) and this seems unnecessary - surely it could just be included for everyone? Also, slippers are not provided and giving these to each guest along with a waterproof bag for wet swimwear would be a nice touch and would really not cost much. They do an offer where you get 20% off if you return within three months or 10% if you return within 12 months, but I was told I couldn't use this for the most recent stay I booked which was disappointing - it's only applicable to certain packages / breaks. It would be nice to have bottled water in the rooms.

Finally we had one bad experience in terms of customer service which unfortunately ended our stay on a bit of an anti-climax, although it was dealt with very politely and professionally when we asked to talk to someone. My Mum had two consecutive treatments booked with the same therapist - this was deliberate so it would be more relaxing. The therapist didn't listen to her when she explained this and got her to change and leave after the first one, then realised that she did have another treatment booked after all and came to call her back through, meaning that Mum needed to get changed again. She was apologetic to Mum about it but I was very disappointed with this. We were refunded the cost of one treatment and given a free hot drink whilst it was promptly sorted, and the supervisor we talked to said she would ensure it was followed up and offered to oversee any future bookings we made to prevent this recurring. I think it came down to an unfortunate isolated incident and it was dealt with very well once we raised it.

So overall - it's great, I would go back (after saving up!) and correcting these few issues would make it flawless.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank gillmoore
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I only live ten minutes from away from Ragdale Hall and due to my upcoming Seven Summit Challenge and a recent anniversary, my Wife and I decided we would go and stay for two days.

We have both travelled and stayed in a variety of places through-out the world and I would say we are able to judge good from bad. I normally find that you either have a good hotel, and the service can be lacking, or good hotel and the food can be poor. It can be hard sometimes to find an establishment which can excel in all areas.

From the moment we arrived on a busy Bank Holiday Saturday we were dealt with very efficiently. Our car was parked for us, and our bags taken to our room. We were both in the gym in no time.

The options for food were excellent in the evening with wheat free, gluten free, vegetarian options if required. A suitable wine list and excellent service.

The treatments were both very good and the girls very professional through-out.

We had a deluxe room with a large bathroom and comfy bed. Beautiful White cotton linen.

It is very rare I can give anywhere five stars these days, however, Ragdale Hall show signs of understanding their business and their customers requirements.

I hope the staff get this feedback as it is well deserved. A great job - well done !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It is so nice to be welcomed as a returning guest. I want to go back again!

The treatments are really excellent and the ambiance of Ragdale Hall was really relaxing. I enjoyed every mouthful of the beautifully presented food and the service I received could not be topped.

The room was spacious and as a disabled guest there was more than enough space in the room and shower room for my wheelchair. The pools were easy to access and there is a disabled changing room with it's own toilet and shower.

There are plenty of activities, if you want to get yourself involved. I tried one of the pool classes and it was very enjoyable, but if you want to sit and read there are numerous quiet places to enjoy inside and outside.

I cannot praise all of the staff enough, they were extremely helpful and cheerful. Many of staff I spoke to have been working at the Hall for several years and enjoyed being there, which showed. Who wouldn't want to work in a place with such glorious grounds?

A few doors which open automatically would have made my stay easier but I always found somebody to hold the door open for me, but I do like to be more independent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends