“Anniversary treat.”
Review of Ragdale Hall Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melton Mowbray
Ragdale Hall Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just had our second visit to Ragdale and it was as perfect an experience as the first. My wife likes to get the full pampering, whilst I must admit I am not usually one for all the skincare stuff, we both had a fantastic few days relaxing in a peaceful setting. I enjoy a gym session in the morning before joining Claire and going for a dip in the pool and time hydro therapy spa. Afternoons were spent having various treatments, the sports therapy message was excellent, and generally relaxing reading magazines. The food at Ragdale is excellent too. Neither Claire or I wanted to leave.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place is absolutely amazing,just perfect.The staff without exception were polite,friendly and welcoming,from the time we arrived to the time we left we could not fault them or the service provided.Ragdale is run very efficiently,it is spotlessly clean throughout,the food excellent and the facilities are excellent.Our room was a twin superior and was lovely,breakfast served in room was a real treat.The spa area and pool is stunning and again spotlessly clean.The meals ,particularly the lunch time buffet are very good and the variety is excellent and there are indulgent desserts for any one who wants them!The grounds are very pretty and there is a lovely outdoor pool as well.
Ragdale has a very relaxed and informal atmosphere,you can just wear your robe all day even in the restaurant if you choose to and many guests do.
This was my first visit and I am already planning my next,cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have never wrote a review (or felt the need too) ever in my life, but I was that impressed with the high quality of everything at Ragdale Hall that I feel the need to share.

As soon as we pulled into the drive and got out of the car a gentleman came to take our luggage into the building, we were greeted by the reception and straight away taken to a gorgeous lounge area were she kindly ordered drinks for us. Another lady then came and took all our details etc and explained where our room/plans etc where and we were ready to go all within 10-15 minutes! Excellent!

The second thing I noticed and loved about Ragdale was the decor it is absolutely stunning, a complete mix of old, new, bright, light, modern, traditional. There are that many rooms all decorated differently that you would be stuck to not find somewhere to your taste. I really am a sucker for detail but they nail it in every single area.

Thirdly the staff! They are all so polite, no matter your age or the age of the member of staff they are so well mannered and greet your in a very professional and friendly manner.

Everywhere was spotlessly clean I have never seen anything like it and the food was amazing! All the food on the menu was cooked in a healthier way so you knew you were getting something you could savour and enjoy but you weren't piling on the pounds while eating it!

All in all it is just a really lovely place to visit, my mother loved it and we shall both be returning. There is such a lot I could say about this place but basically YOU MUST GO!!

Room Tip: The suites are lovely!
1  Thank MaryFairy93
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My mum and I visit Ragdale Hall one a year as a treat for ourselves and as usual we were not disappointed.

Our room this year was in the Lodge house just off the side of Ragdale Hall. It has four bedrooms, private parking space and a small garden. It was the first time we had stayed in the lodge and I would certainly stay there again. The bedroom was beautiful, great views, spacious, well decorated with a large bathroom. It only takes a minute to walk from the lodge to the actual hall itself, and we were lucky the weather was so lovely - perhaps not such a nice stroll in the middle of winter. The staff did say however that if we did get caught out in bad weather they would replace our robes if they got wet! There were also umbrellas by the doors.

The spa facilities, staff, food and overall hospitality were great. We had two treatments each which were absolutely lovely. Everywhere was clean and tidy and well looked after.

Looking forward to our trip back there again next year!

Room Tip: In all the years I have been (nearly 10) I can honestly say I've never experienced a bad room.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

First time visit to Ragdale and it was a memorable experience.

We were greeted by one of the many, but friendly, staff and provided with a useful induction tour.

The food was fabulous, so much choice, I actually put on weight over 4 days stay here.

Everything very clean and to a high standard.

Therapists could be a little burks, but the treatments themselves were very relaxing.

The facilities were amazing, there are many things to see and do, even if it rains you won't be bored.

Can't wait to revisit sometime in the future.

First class, exactly what other spas should aspire to be like!

(If you try one thing, try the atholl brose at breakfast - divine!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth M
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just returned from a heavenly weekend at Ragdale & I would highly recommend it.
Right from the minute you walk in everyone is helpful. The hotel itself is very well decorated & designed with lots of retreats (relaxation rooms) in different styles furnished to a high standard & filled with lots of relaxed people most often asleep!
Lots of people walking around in bathrobes - some even wearing them to dinner, which was a little off putting as the dining room is very formal with silver service but maybe this is what these people want just not my cup of tea!
The food exceeded expectation as there was a wide range of dishes for all tastes & stomach sizes. Lunch is an extensive buffet with dinner a formal 3 course. Could not fault the food. Breakfast is served in your room and was prompt both mornings at 8. You chose what you wanted the night before.
The room was clean and of a fair size, very comfortable beds and a decent hair dryer (which is a hotel first for me!).
Best of all is the thermal spa area. Loads of rooms with different experiences in. The scent room which was lavender sprayed with hot steam giving off the most wonderful aroma, salt room and a candle cave which you went down into. There are quiet areas with signs up asking people not to talk but of course they do which was a shame.
I had a couple of treatments which were by 2 different therapists some time distance apart so if you are booking more than one treatment make sure you ask for the same therapist and that they are one after the other, as if you let them book it you may have different times & therapists.
This was a special offer deal booked direct and it was fantastic value for money.
The spa did get quite busy with day guests but was lovely after they all went home! I stayed with my husband and there were quite a lot of couples, also a lot of hen parties (lots of embroidered gowns with Mother of the bride on, but I was very surprised to how many people stayed here on their own. They had the option of the social table at dinner seating all the single diners which I thought was a nice touch.
So my tope tips for a Ragdale stay:
1) book an extra night more than you think as when you are there you will wish you were there longer.
2) take a small bag to put your bits in while using the spa - include a comb! These can be left outside each room as you visit.
3) Take some flip flops
4) ask that your treatments are booked together & with the same therapist.
Have fun!

Room Tip: Book a suite - it's worth the extra!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having recently returned from a 2 night stay I feel the need to write a review to rebalance the earlier post. I have always found the hall to be clean, well presented and a pleasure to stay in. I have never seen an untidy or dirty area and visit the hall frequently. I always book the next trip before l leave- which speaks volumes.
Love my stays here, relaxing, rejuvenating and totally pampered

Room Tip: Varied standard of room depending on your budget- I prefer the old part of the Hall
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank apno1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melton Mowbray
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Kilworth House Hotel
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Rothley Court
Rothley Court
#1 of 1 in Rothley

Been to Ragdale Hall Spa? Share your experiences!