“Return to Ragdale”
Review of Ragdale Hall Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melton Mowbray
Ragdale Hall Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my third visit to Ragdale Hall and once more it delivered on expectations. There were subtle changes that improved the visit even more. The various spa rooms are a real experience not to be missed, all staff are courteous without simpering. This was a treat for my sister's birthday and I had to force myself to accompany her ha ha!
Seriously we had a great day being pampered, groomed and spoilt.
If you want to give a loved one a special treat for a birthday, Christmas etc, Ragdale would be a great choice, all they would have to do is enjoy!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Marian V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Having spent a two night break last year with one friend, just experienced another two night break with a different friend and I can honestly say that Ragdale still lives up to its high quality reputation as a wonderful relaxing retreat yet with plenty to do if you so wish. Again the standard of service is superb with friendly and competent staff. The facilities, particularly the pool with thermal spa is excellent and like many others the candle pool is my favourite. The changing rooms are bright and would recommend the "blue" changing room as it is more spacious. We did four aqua aerobic classes which were great fun with good instructors. The Bollywood and Fit Step dance classes in the exercise room were fantastic and thoroughly recommended. The food is excellent and it is such a relaxing treat to have breakfast brought to your room so I cannot understand why some people prefer to go down to the Verandah bar for this. Lunch is excellent as is dinner with a great choice of freshly prepared tasty food. The complimentary treatments we had included in the package were fantastic as were the therapists. Highly recommended is the express bar where I had a pick and mix range of three 15 minute treatments all for £45 which I thought was very good value - the scalp, foot,and neck and shoulder massage were excellent and a great way to finish off what was a lovely two days of pampering.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room, well furnished and with views of the gardens at the front of the Hall...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 105AmershamAnne
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am a regular visitor to Ragdale Hall and have recently enjoyed a wonderful 3 night stay. Everytime I go, Ragdale seem to make some subtle changes that enhance my stay and show that they truly have a customer focused attitude - we are their main priority. This wonderful culture keeps me returning again and again and again. This time, we very much enjoyed choosing what time to have breakfast. This enabled us to wake before it was delivered. The food is absolutely delicious at Ragdale - but now I really think they have upped their game! There is a choice of deserts at meal times as well as the food being a little more 'normal' and less like diet food, although if you are watching your weight there is plenty to choose from. I love lunch - a starter served to your table, and then you choose from the buffet which is just amazing - on the Sunday I had a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings. I had the 'comfort pudding' (lemon sponge and crème anglaise) and I also had one of the mini deserts - chocolate mousse. Why not?!
When we weren't eating - were relaxing or enjoying all of the spa facilities. There are plenty of places to sit and read. In the evenings, after dinner, we would take our complementary hot drink and sit and chat in one of the lounges before retiring to our room.
The ONLY thing that was slightly disappointing on this visit was that wifi didn't work. But hey - I could survive without it for 3 days - it did me good!
It is no wonder that I keep returning to Ragdale Hall. It is excellent value for money, and the staff are all so welcoming, they ALL genuinely want you to have the best stay possible.
I'll be booking my next 3 night stay very soon......

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BlondieCazza
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Another trip to my favourite spa.... Unfortunately not as enjoyable due to only staying one might, I usually stay minimum 2 nights. I do think 2 nights is needed to full get 'the experience' as my trip felt a bit quick - but thats really only a negative in that its so amazing there i wanted to stay for longer... I did ask for a 2nd night but they were full!
Also this time had opportunity to lay out on the sunbeds at the outdoor pool (first time ive been to it!) and get a bit of colour for a couple of hours..
Same excellent service, food, cleanliness as on previous trips - and loved my inclusive Face and Back therapy again.
Will be going again, but now i KNOW i can only go for 2 nights or more to enjoy the best of it..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Niks99
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Had the most amazing spa day at ragdale I have visited before on numerous occasions and again I was not disappointed.
I had a glam glow facial in the beauty express room and it was probably the best facial I have ever had my face felt amazing afterwards. I ate in the main restaurant the food was delicious so much choice they have windows as a grading 3 windows is a treat ! Whilst 1 is the healthy option.
Spent most of the day in the thermal spa and the outside pool. I highly recommended ragdale and cannot wait to return.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This place is heaven on earth and the best ever for total relaxation and chilling out . The food is amazing and a very good choice to suit all tastes . The candle pool is my absolute favourite to unwind and float away your troubles . The therapists will tailor the treatments to your needs if required . We visited this time during the summer , but personally I love the winter time as the outdoor lagoon is magical in the dark .

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SwallowD
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just had another super trip at Ragdale. I cannot fault it, if you are looking for relaxation, wanting to have that bit of 'me' time, or a lot of 'me' time, Ragdale is the place to go. I went with my daughter and a friend. From getting out of the car at the front door, you are looked after in a genuine, friendly way. The staff are excellent and make you feel welcome. Checking in is the best ever, over a cup of tea/coffee and your bags are taken up to the room. Change into your cosie and dressing gown and you are away. Food, brilliant, variety and although i am wheat intolerant I have no problems selecting what to eat. Well thought out menus and labeling. Rooms, having now tried a few over the years, really good. Can't wait till next year for the next visit. Expensive, but well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melton Mowbray
10 mi away
Stapleford Park
Stapleford Park
#1 of 1 in Stapleford
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Kilworth House Hotel
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Market Bosworth

Been to Ragdale Hall Spa? Share your experiences!