“Economic Easter Weekend”
Review of Six Hills Hotel

Six Hills Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
Reviewed 22 April 2014

During Easter weekend it can cost you a small fortune to stay in a bed & breakfast, so we were happy to stay here for a very reasonable rate. We were not expecting much for the price so were not surprised the hotel looked a bit run down. However, we were treated to a clean quiet room with all the necessary facilities that we required. Yes, the hotel looked as though it required a major refurbish, however, it did not detract from our excellent service from the staff who could not do enough for us when we required their help. The continental breakfast was as good as most three star places we have stayed at and the staff were very attentive in making sure our requirements were available. Would use again if in area.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any parties going on during your stay, if there are they will do there utmost to gi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Six Hills Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The staff were brilliant and really welcoming. the young man on reception was friendly and couldn't do more for us. due to the fact there were so many bad reviews for this hotel, it made me a little sceptical about booking. But we needed somewhere to stay near to where we needed to be. It is a shame that only people who have bad reviews and people with negative comments leave feedback for hotels. I am not a frequent traveller however I felt that I needed to leave a positive review on the establishment to show my appreciation for a lovely stay. I will certainly be staying here on my next business trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony F
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I guess you really do get what you pay for?! The reception staff were lovely, it's a shame the hotel was not. The windows were rotten with there were cobwebs. The overall feel of the hotel was shabby and neglected. My friends room smelled of the sewer and another friend was eaten alive by something in her bed because in the morning she had bites over her arms and shoulders.I definitely will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary3212014
Reviewed 24 October 2013

overnight lastminute break for my wife and the little one before going to twin lakes - room big bed not too bad but shower and bath not very clean - windows black and very draughty - with a bit more attention this place could be so much better

did not try the breakfast but looked ok as we checked ou

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Staff were good hotel was very bad. All the dirty laundry bags were stacked in reception not the best first impression. Rooms look dated and are in need of a revamp no hot water in the room and very poor shower. no cooked breakfast available even though the company had paid for it. Too far away from anywhere Moved to a better hotel after one night after we all complained to the company

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mshtel
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Some people are so fussy. Yes the hotel is run down and old fashioned, but it does its job. For £22 a night I couldnt fault it. The bathroom was clean and modern and the room was clean and tidy with fresh bedding and towels and tea making facilities. It was cosy and homely and the lady running reception was lovely and very helpful. I would stay there again. It was warm and the bed was comfortable and provided me with a good nights sleep. Dont take notice of other reviews, if you are used to top notch hotels then this is not for you, but if you are open minded and appreciate cheap and cheerful, you will be plesantly surprised.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank staceyalexandra
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Booked a cheap weekend hotel for a visit to Loughborough. Booked well in advance.
When I pay cheap I still expect a basic level of cleanliness, good wash facilities and a good nights sleep - My expectations were too high for even this. Had to request clean cups and kettles as all were too dirty to touch, room still remained filthy despite complaining on the first night. The shower barely worked. Loud party music followed by loud party guest were heard up until 4am. Called reception to be told to complain in the morning! Book anywhere else, its just not worth the headache...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Thrussington
Harboro Hotel
Harboro Hotel
#4 of 7 in Melton Mowbray
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Quorn Lodge Hotel
Quorn Lodge Hotel
#5 of 7 in Melton Mowbray
Langar Hall
Langar Hall
#1 of 1 in Langar

Been to Six Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!