“authentic exotic food”

Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Melton Mowbray
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have travelled a great deal in my life. first with my parents my father was in the forces, I grew up in Egypt and have spent many years in the far east. I enjoy exotic food but not conformed to English taste ie remove the flavour and add salt!. If you want a meal that is genuine to it's origins then I advise you to try the Jasmine restaurant, the Malasian and Japanese dishes I have tried are perfect, the service is superb, the people there cannot do enough for you the whole experience is one you will treasure.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my wife have just had the most lovely meal. From when we stepped through the door to leaving it was a most enjoyable moment and im sure it will be repeated many more times to come.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The restaurant is small, but it has a friendly atmosphere. It soon filled up on a Saturday evening and was doing a roaring trade in takeaway collections which would appear to be a good sign.

I was initially perturbed at the mix of different cuisines on the menu (Thai along with the Chinese regional dishes) but as some Chinese friends of mine assure me that very little on UK Chinese menus is actually what would be typically served in china, I guess my concerns are irrelevant.

Sure enough, the food was very good - The quality of the food was good, well cooked, and very tasty.

Service was good, the staff got a little stretched at peak periods, but tried their best to continue the good service levels.

Overall, there was nothing that blew my socks off about the restaurant, and I was initially going to give it an average rating, but the final bill represented very good value for the quality of food and service on offer, so I reconsidered and think a very good is a fair reflection of an honest restaurant offering good value and tasty food.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We always get takeaways from Jasmin House and is by far the best Chinese in melton to go to, service is always class and they make the effort to remember your name when you've being going for quite a while, it's the little things!

1  Thank CharlieC74
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I have been in the UK for nearly 7 months now. And I miss Chinese food from home. Happen to chance upon this restaurant in Melton. Was sceptical at first after hearing so much about Chinese food served in the UK. Decided to give this one a go. And was pleasantly surprise!! The husband and wife owners are really friendly, the staff were meticulous and attentive. Mostly importantly, I get to satisfy my longing for proper Chinese cuisine!! The food was nicely presented and it really reminds me of home where I use to easily get such good quality of Chinese cuisine. Love the quaint little cosy restaurant. Really suitable for family gatherings and friends having a night out. Overall, I have come here nearly 4 times since I arrived. And have brought family and friends who came to visit from back home. And they all enjoyed the food!!