This is our second visit to Scalford Hall and both times it has been via a Wowcher. Our Wowcher was for 2 nights with a meal included on the evening of the second night.
Scalford hall is an impressive building located 10 minutes drive from the centre of Melton Mowbray and has ample parking and perfectly manicured grounds (many of the shrubs/trees were in bloom during our stay). It is also a perfect location for visiting many areas like Melton Mowbray, Rutland water, Oakham, Grantham ... the list goes on.
On arrival we were allocated a room but on entering the room it was clear housekeeping hadn't finished and had left the room in a real state! We reported this to the Duty Manager who rectified the situation immediately and moved us to a room a few doors down. The Duty manager was impeccably efficient, very professional and apologetic for what was clearly an honest mistake. Our stay wasn't inconvenienced at all by this because of his swift action.
The rooms are a little tired in decor and fittings but for the price we paid we were very happy with the standard and size. We have paid more for less in many places across the country. The bathroom & bedroom were both clean and a comfortable ambient temperature. We were fortunate enough to get a room with a large window overlooking the gardens and while the weather wasn't the best it was nice to look out onto all that greenery in the morning and hear the numerous birds.
As mentioned the deal we had included a meal on the second night. You get a choice of 3 or 4 starters, mains and puds. The only supplement was an extra £3 for the higher priced items such as king prawns etc. The food is all of a high standard and prepared, presented & served in good time by very polite & chatty (without being intrusive) waitresses. I particularly enjoyed the belly pork and the obscenely decadent chocolate fondant dessert.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay at Scalford Hall and will definitely go back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scalford Hall cater for weddings and have a range of set packages along with the option to create a tailor made package just for you. We also hold a civil ceremony and civil partnership licence, enabling you to hold both your ceremony and reception here at Scalford Hall Hotel. Here at Scalford Hall Hotel we also have our very own Gym and Games Room, which is free of charge exclusively for residents. Scalford Hall Hotel has 80 bedrooms, 9 meeting rooms, 10 syndicate rooms and large event room catering for up to 500 guests. In addition there are 2 private dining rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scalford Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scalford Hall Hotel Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
- Scalford Hall Melton Mowbray