“Fantastic food and value for money”
Review of The Spice Club

The Spice Club
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went here last night for the second time in 2 years, I am not from the area but have friends close by and we eat out when visiting. I found this restaurant outstanding in both service and food served. The food was as it said on the menu full of flavour with the correct amount of spice for the dish.
The owner is a friendly geezer who will sit and chat I like that kind of stuff so if you want quality food at a good price and friendly staff give it a shot. But if you want to sit in a corner and hide away and not talk to anyone because you are ashamed to be out with whoever you are are with then go and get a frozen take away and stay in..................

1  Thank Colin C

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Staying away from home in a local hotel we went out looking for food and came across these.
All I can say is great food and great staff. The touch of the meal was we had a baby with us and the boss took the baby for a wonder to meet the staff then came back with an envelope with £10 in for a gift. An amazing touch by them so thank you. A great place to go well done all.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have been using this restaurant for many years and my recent visit was no exception the their usual level of quality. Freshly cooked curries all with their own flavours, lots of choices many of which don't appear on many menus. This is a family business and the guys have been here for many many years and always strive to offer the best quality and friendly service.
I have been looking at recent reviews and this got me thinking, everyone, of course is entitled to their opinion, however the Halal question is an interesting one, I would expect that if I visited any Indian/ Bangladeshi restaurant then I would be eating their authentic food and it would most likely be Halal, most Indian restaurants would source their produce from ethnic suppliers in the cities. I have never known any Indian restaurants label their produce as either Halal or otherwise. Perhaps the only way to settle this is for everyone to label their food, however I have no concerns either way, the food and service here is great, all of the produce is sourced here in the UK so I would expect it to be produced and sourced according to our strict guidelines.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I just wanted to let people know that the Spice club use Halal meat in their curry's. It does not say this on the menu which it should, and people have the right to know what they are eating. I telephoned to book a table and i asked the manager and he confirmed they do. So i just felt i needed to share this information as i for one will not be returning.

2  Thank SS1572014
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We (husband and I) just went to try out the Spice Club this evening. We experienced very friendly, speedy service (we went early) and the food was beautiful, fresh and tasty. Absolutely no complaints at all. Enjoyed it so much that we have already booked to go back with the parents.