“A lovely end to a Golden Wedding weekend”

Kilworth House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kilworth
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A lovely end to a Golden Wedding weekend”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and myself having celebrated our Golden Wedding we decided to finish off with a two night stay at Kilworth House Hotel. We had stayed once before combining with a theatre visit. This hotel is superb in every way. The garden rooms we stayed in were Devine. Attention to detail at all levels is impeccable. The public rooms lend themselves to total relaxation. The grounds are there to be enjoyed and we did with the woodland walk. This hotel is a must to be enjoyed and to relax at your leasure.

1 Thank Derrick T
KilworthHouseHotel, General Manager at Kilworth House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your review following your two night stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will return again in the future.
I am very grateful for your comments regarding both the Hotel and grounds. We are now looking forward to our busy Theatre season which commences on 30th May and the grounds are in the final stages of preparation for this. The woodland walk is always of interest taking in the tranquility of the Leicestershire countryside whilst looking out for the wildlife which inhabit the area.
Congratulations to you both on your Golden Wedding.
Elizabeth Payne.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Was given a Christmas gift of afternoon tea for my two daughters (aged 9 & 6) our family friend and I. We had a wonderful time in very grand surroundings. The afternoon tea was gorgeous. There were two choices of a sweet and a savoury version for the full afternoon tea as well as champagne ones as well.

The children had their own afternoon tea as well. We went for one sweet and one savoury. The sandwiches were delicious and then both my friend and I were very impressed by her savoury of: pork pie, scotch egg, still warm cheese scones, pickles, quiche and other things.

I'm gluten free and my sandwiches were on gluten free bread. I was advised the sweet version would be the better choice for me. I had 4 macaroons, two slices of chocolate cake, a meringue nest, two fresh warm scones and clotted cream and jams!

We had a fabulous time and I would highly recommend this.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nat E
I am pleased that you were able to sample all of our full tea selections; sweet, savoury and childrens teas and were delighted by them all.
Afternoon tea is a very popular part of our business and like you many of our guests are treated to tea as a gift which can be enjoyed throughout the year. Our personalised presentation gift vouchers are a very well received gift and suit many occasions including Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries. We constantly change our selections to deliver variety and seasonality and welcome back many returning guests throughout the year.
I am also pleased that we offered a pleasing selection for your gluten free diet and I hope that we will have the pleasure of your company agian in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We visited Kilworth House for afternoon tea on Easter Sunday. It was absolutely marvellous! There was an excellent choice of very tasty sandwiches, followed by a very good selection of equally tasty cakes. This was our first afternoon tea at this location, but it will not be our last. Everything was perfect, and the staff made us feel as if we were the only people there. I would strongly recommend that anyone looking for an afternoon treat should try Kilworth House. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen C
Thank you for your review following your first visit for afternoon tea. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service, food and location and that you plan to return in the future.
Easter Sunday is a very busy day with lunch, private dining, tea and our Childrens Easter Egg Hunt and face painting. It is good to know that despite all of this activity that you enjoyed the individual service which we always try to deliver.

Elizabeth Payne.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The reviews of this hotel have consistently highlighted a remarkable venue set in a beautiful surrounding. The only few negative comments have been related to the service.

I would agree that service on occasion in the past was not what it could have been and I previously raised this with the manager. The sign of any great hotel is how they respond to guest feedback and the manager has done a magnificent job in this regard.

This was my second stay at the hotel and the service and attention to detail was exceptional. The training introduced has taken this hotel to the top level. The Chef was superb and the food... awesome.

The Jewel of Leicestershire.

3 Thank TheTruthAlways
Thank you for your valued review following your recent two night stay at Kilworth House.
I am most appreciative of your recognition of improvements to both food and service and assure you that your comments have been shared wtih the team.
It was a pleasure to meet with you both again personally during your stay with us.
I sincerely hope you will return in the future when you manage another break from your extremely busy worldwide schedule.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for a friends wedding. The location was first class, great views, beautiful house and the room we booked was excellent being very clean and spacious. We booked a standard double. I think it was a garden room.
The food was very nice and the conservatory the wedding breakfast was in was spacious and light with great views of the gardens.
We had a few minor issues with the staff and efficiency serving food and wine which is why I wouldn't give it 5 rating, however this did not spoil a great occasion and superb day.
Great venue, great location for a great occasion!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank wheels78
Thank you for your review following your stay on the occasion of your friends wedding. I hope that you will return in the future on an individual basis to further enjoy the Hotel, Theatre and surrounding area.
The Hotel is a great venue for a wedding; as you say the location is excellent. For guests travelling any distance there are excellent road, rail and air networks. The grounds and house offer stunning photo opportunities and The Victorian Orangery is a truly unique environment for larger wedding breakfasts. Our other rooms are equally grand in their own right.
Our newly appointed Restaurant Manager will also value your comments as he analyses every aspect of our service delivery. We always strive for excellence whatever the occasion.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Had a lovely afternoon tea here in the Orangery. Beautiful cake selection and service was perfect. Top tip: rarely availability on a weekend and we got shown one menu with the full afternoon tea priced at £21. We only wanted cakes not sandwiches too so got given the other menu where you can have scones and tea for £8.50 or pastries and cake and tea for £9.50. There are more than enough cakes and you can even take left overs home in a box.

I would have rated it 5 stars but the earl grey tea was served with tea bags in a bland slightly over used cheap white tea pot and my fork wasn't clean but was changed without fuss and promptly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LSM2000
Thank you for your review following your visit for afternoon tea. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will return again in the future.
I would like to apologise for you being served bagged Earl Grey tea; this should not have been the case as we have a wide variety of loose tea available and is the set standard. I assure you that this oversight has been highlighted to the Restaurant team.
Coventry
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My daughter and her husband treated us to a lovely anniversary present of bed, breakfast and evening meal at this lovely hotel. We have been here before and so knew that the standards are consistently high. The garden room was beautiful with a lovely view of the Spring garden. Our evening meal was like something off Masterchef served in a beautiful room.
Breakfast was fantastic too, amazing fruit salad and good full English.
All the staff are very welcoming and make you feel very special.
We will be back very soon. Thank you to all at Kilworth House.

Room Tip: Phone ahead and ask for a room on the first floor facing the garden.