Kilworth House Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,056 results
All reviewsafternoon teatheatre breakpre theatre mealorangery restaurantgarden roomopen air theatresandwichesluxury roomchristmas decorationsbeautiful hotelclarins productspork piewedding breakfastmain coursebirthday treatlittle toucheswaiting staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I visited kilworth house yesterday for afternoon tea with my parents. It was for my mother's 60th birthday. We were greeted and asked if it was for an occasion, had the menu clearly explained to us and advised on what to have. We tried the full and savoury afternoon tea which was simply fabulous. The scones were devine! We had unlimited tea and coffee and all the food was lovely. My mum had a wonderful time. There was such attention to detail from the chef including happy birthday being written on the plate for her!

• Stayed: May 2014
KilworthHouseHotel, General Manager at Kilworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review following your visit for afternoon tea on the occasion of your mothers birthday.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Elizabeth Payne

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have stayed at the Kilworth house hotel many times however today we decided to drop by for lunch. It was 13.50pm so rather late and after two rather sullen restaurant staff said we could eat we were seated. The food was disappointing. My steak although rested was tepid to the touch. It was accompanied by mashed peas with little taste . My husbands risotto was ok but value wise I though very poor.

Rather disappointing I thought and we got the impression that we were not welcome as it was nearly tea service so they wanted us out as soon as possible.

Will revisit just hope not to meet the same two ladies

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank josephine b
KilworthHouseHotel, General Manager at Kilworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review following your visit for lunch on Monday.
I am very sorry to learn of the poor welcome which you received and assure you that I will meet with the two staff concerned when they are next on duty. I am appreciative of all feedback and where things go wrong we immediately address the situation.
I am pleased that you have been a regular visitor to Kilworth House Hotel and Theatre and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and myself having celebrated our Golden Wedding we decided to finish off with a two night stay at Kilworth House Hotel. We had stayed once before combining with a theatre visit. This hotel is superb in every way. The garden rooms we stayed in were Devine. Attention to detail at all levels is impeccable. The public rooms lend themselves to total relaxation. The grounds are there to be enjoyed and we did with the woodland walk. This hotel is a must to be enjoyed and to relax at your leasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derrick T

Thank you for your review following your two night stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will return again in the future.
I am very grateful for your comments regarding both the Hotel and grounds. We are now looking forward to our busy Theatre season which commences on 30th May and the grounds are in the final stages of preparation for this. The woodland walk is always of interest taking in the tranquility of the Leicestershire countryside whilst looking out for the wildlife which inhabit the area.
Congratulations to you both on your Golden Wedding.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Was given a Christmas gift of afternoon tea for my two daughters (aged 9 & 6) our family friend and I. We had a wonderful time in very grand surroundings. The afternoon tea was gorgeous. There were two choices of a sweet and a savoury version for the full afternoon tea as well as champagne ones as well.

The children had their own afternoon tea as well. We went for one sweet and one savoury. The sandwiches were delicious and then both my friend and I were very impressed by her savoury of: pork pie, scotch egg, still warm cheese scones, pickles, quiche and other things.

I'm gluten free and my sandwiches were on gluten free bread. I was advised the sweet version would be the better choice for me. I had 4 macaroons, two slices of chocolate cake, a meringue nest, two fresh warm scones and clotted cream and jams!

We had a fabulous time and I would highly recommend this.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nat E

I am pleased that you were able to sample all of our full tea selections; sweet, savoury and childrens teas and were delighted by them all.
Afternoon tea is a very popular part of our business and like you many of our guests are treated to tea as a gift which can be enjoyed throughout the year. Our personalised presentation gift vouchers are a very well received gift and suit many occasions including Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries. We constantly change our selections to deliver variety and seasonality and welcome back many returning guests throughout the year.
I am also pleased that we offered a pleasing selection for your gluten free diet and I hope that we will have the pleasure of your company agian in the future.

Elizabeth Payne

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We visited Kilworth House for afternoon tea on Easter Sunday. It was absolutely marvellous! There was an excellent choice of very tasty sandwiches, followed by a very good selection of equally tasty cakes. This was our first afternoon tea at this location, but it will not be our last. Everything was perfect, and the staff made us feel as if we were the only people there. I would strongly recommend that anyone looking for an afternoon treat should try Kilworth House. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen C

Thank you for your review following your first visit for afternoon tea. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service, food and location and that you plan to return in the future.
Easter Sunday is a very busy day with lunch, private dining, tea and our Childrens Easter Egg Hunt and face painting. It is good to know that despite all of this activity that you enjoyed the individual service which we always try to deliver.

Kind regards