“fantastic spa resort in beautiful surroundings”

Champneys Springs Health Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Packington
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My friend and I booked an overnight stay at Champneys Springs with 2 treatments... The resort is AMAZING the pool has a fantastic view, with a super relaxing jacuzzi and lovely sauna and steam room. All of the facilities are extreamley clean and the room was very cozy. The staff were possibly the friendliest I have come across and never gave the impression that it was just a job, they all put in genuine care and attention to ensure that you have a lovely stay.
The restaurant was of a very high standard and the food served was not only super healthy but super tasty aswell, as our meals were included with the price we paid, I was expecting to have a kind of 'half hearted buffet' but this was far from the case, 3 course meal for dinner and a huge, fresh selection for breakfast.
If you are looking to choose a spa to visit I promise you will not be dissappointed with this one, I left feeling fully relaxed and rejuvinated and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my second overnight stay at Springs. Went again with a group of girlfriends. It's a very relaxed place. Not an 'over the top' spa at all. It feels small, relaxed & informal with lovely facilities. Great value too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I recently went to Champneys for the first time, having never been to a health resort before and I have to say what a pleasure it was. we were made very welcome from the second we walked through the door. the host (Sue) was fantastic she took the time to explain everything to us and showed us where everything was. Lunch was included in my day and the food was very varied and extreamly tasty and fresh with a chef cooking to order. and on departure we had the same friendly proffessional service we had all day. I have to say for a first timer all of my preconceptions for a spa were gone very quickly I would reccomend anyone to go and visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I booked a Spa Day at Champneys Springs for my sister's birthday and we had a thoroughly wonderful experience. We didn't book any treatments as we did not want to be tied down to timetables. We just wanted to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi which was wonderful. The lunch was delicious and afterwards it was also lovely to relax on their super comfy sofas, feet up, wrapped in the fleece blanket for a cosy nap - bliss! The staff could not have been more friendly and attentive. Going online now to book our next experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed a truly relaxing post Christmas visit to Springs and i have never enjoyed a Christmas present as much. The atmosphere was so calm and peaceful from the minute we entered until our departure. All of the staff were both friendly and helpful and certainly nothing was too much trouble for them. The meals were superb - nourishing and filling. I personally spent quite a time relaxing in the comfy chairs. I was so impressed that I booked a loyalty visit which I cannot wait to enjoy. We stayed in a standard room which was perfectly acceptable. i have visited many health spas and can definitely say this is the best. Well done everybody you truly deserve praise.

Room Tip: We stayed in a very quiet standard room overlooking the lake which I recommend
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This must be the 6th or 7th time my husband and I have stayed at Springs, and are now recognised by many of the staff, who are always friendly and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble, and all staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. The atmosphere is so relaxing, and the food is gorgeous; we always come away refreshed.
We generally stay in the standard rooms, which are more than adequate. This time we had a lovely view over the lake.
Personally, we have found that 3 days / 2 nights to be the ideal length of stay. Any less, and you can't fit in all the treatments and classes you want to do; any more and it takes us too long to gear ourselves back into work mode! If you wish to have any extra treatments, it is worth booking them in advance on the website, as you can't always guarantee that sessions are free when you get there - although the staff make every effort to accomodate you.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I went to Champneys Springs again this week for a spa day with my daughter. We go once or twice a year to relax and always have a great time. This time we had 3 treatments throughout the day, all of which were very relaxing and enjoyable. The therapists are all extremely friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Lunch was excellent again with a wide range of choice available. The spa cafe and lounge area is very cosy and fleecy blankets had been provided to ensure everyone was even more snug! The reception and shop staff are very helpful too.

We are already planning to go back for a family celebration later this year!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynette B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packington
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth
3 mi away
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Hotel
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Ho...
#1 of 3 in Ashby-de-la-Zouch

Been to Champneys Springs Health Resort? Share your experiences!