“We just love it!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Packington
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“We just love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have just come back from a three night break and yet again had a fantastic stay. This is our once a year treat where my cousin and I meet up for a catch up. We have been coming for around 5 or 6 years now and on every occasion we have the most enjoyable and relaxing time together. The rooms are lovely and very comfortable, the treatments we have had have been great and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The restaurants are both lovely and very nice to be in and food choices are plentiful. There is lots of choice and if you want butter on your roll you just ask and they will bring you some! Can't wait for my next visit next year!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Carol_H846, Manager at Champneys Springs Health Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to Champneys Springs.

I am pleased that your visits provide an opportunity for you and your cousin to spend quality time together. It is good to hear that the rooms, treatments and restaurant service are all highlights of your stay.

I can assure you that we love having such fantastic feedback too.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Champneys Springs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I find it hard to believe the comments by Ly31. I have been here in numerous occasions, all year round, never have I seen 'tatty' towels or hideous rooms. I have usually stayed in Superior rooms, which equate to the best hotels I have stayed in, including the De France and Waters edge in Jersey. However I have also stayed in the standard rooms, which are still good standard.
One point that is just not true is that in the changing rooms for the pool area, there are Champneys body lotion,cleanser and toner in all the public areas, as well as cotton pads for wiping,tissues and plastic bags for you costume.

If you read the pre- joining email, it asks you if you would like to book your inclusive treatments, for no extra cost at a time to suit you.

There is a huge range of well being and fitness options bookable every day or the night before or pre arrival
.Oh and by the way, you are told pre arrival ,and during that you can check out at 11, pack a day bag so you can still use facilities, leave luggage etc at reception and stay in resort till 4pm with no charge.

The grounds are tranquil and relaxing, with wild life pools and lovely walks for the evening. Evening events are held, from lecture, quizzes to demonstrations.
A great place to go if you are on your own as a woman, don't feel out of place anywhere

As far as drinks are concerned, company policy is for no drinks to be brought in, this is a health spa! A good selection of drinks can be served with dinner or lunch, as well as the best range of smoothies, veggie shots etc. This is not a hotel, it is a SPA!The food has always been superb,freshly prepared and a wide range of choice, especially at the lunch buffet

The staff are unfailingly cheerful and anxious for you to enjoy your stay. Nothing is too much trouble for them., from room servicing staff to management.

When making a report it is not fair to state things which are not accurate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hendrix01
Dear Guest

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoy your visits to Champneys Springs so much. Thank you for your support and your continued loyalty.

It is particularly pleasing to hear that coming on your own you feel relaxed and comfortable in resort. As you mention there are few places to go where this is the case.

I will ensure that the team get to see your lovely comments and I know they will be really happy to hear them.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards and best wishes

Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just spent another very relaxing stay at Champneys Springs. The staff were very friendly - reception, restaurant and the fitness team. I had 2 lovely treatments at Elmis and Decleor - really good therapists and not pushy at selling products.
The classes were well run and fun - and there is good choice of classes ranging from relaxation to high impact fitness.
The food is really good - and I enjoyed the buffets as well as the a la carte evening meals.
The standard rooms are OK - clean if slightly dated but not shabby .
The loyalty return vouchers offered to guests are very good value and I'll certainly be going back for further visits

Room Tip: Standard rooms are a good size and have all the facilities you'l need if you want to save some c...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Carol_H846, Manager at Champneys Springs Health Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking the time to write the review with your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to Champneys Springs in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

A girls night in!! The staff here are great and can't do enough for you. Treatments are fantastic, facial and massage very relaxing, enjoyed every minute. The food is lovely, but for me too healthy. Yogurt, fruit and low fat, no I would like to see a cheesecake or a sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Some people may go for a detox and weight loss, personally I go to relax and indulge in nice things. There's no bar, luckily we took are own drinks and we could chill out before and after dinner in are room. A supplement of £5.50 for rump steak is excessive, cooked perfectly but as tough as old boots. I did get a refund when I pointed out my disappointment. Room was lovely. Yes would go back in the future but will try other spa's before

Dear Guest

I am pleased that you found the service from the staff to be to a high standard and that you enjoyed the treatments that you experienced.

As a health spa we do deliver healthy, well balanced diet options and endeavour to offer a wide selection of choices to appeal to all tastes. I am sorry that your steak was not up to the required standard.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Rugby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Returned from a 1 night stay here today and feel compelled to leave a review after a terrible stay.
On arrival there was nobody to greet us at reception.
I informed receptionist, when she arrived, that I couldn't have my pool session on medical grounds.
The best she obtained from the treatment staff was £10 off another treatment, even though it was for medical reasons that I couldn't have the original treatment.
I went to the treatment desk and was told that I could only have a pedicure or manicure, which I had done just before arrival at Champneys so wouldn't have that work undone to have another. The assistant had a very bad attitude and was not friendly at all.
We were informed that our 'included' facials were 10am on day of departure-this meant that we then had 30mins to shower, change and checkout!!
I moved mine to late on arrival day but there was no slot to move my friend's facial to.
Why would you want a facial 1 hour before you leave to return to the stress of home?? All other spas I have frequented book your treatment for day of arrival to get you all relaxed!!
My friend went to the gym reception to find out when her 2 pre booked personal training sessions were, only to be told that she wasn't booked in and they could do 2:30pm tomorrow (we check out at 11am).
We checked into our room to find hideous 80s decor, no air conditioning, cheap instant coffee, a cracked bathroom tile, torn wallpaper and broken double glazing with no safety features.
The bathroom light also flickered from time to time.
We went to the pool to find a very small steam room and sauna, tatty towels, approx 15 loungers all with towels on and the room was unpleasantly warm.
The spinner to dry costumes was out of order and there wasn't any hand lotion in the toilets-a basic for all spas surely?!
The hot option at lunch was a dried out pork joint (under the heat lamp for too long) or a quorn dish-not a great choice!
Dessert was just as limited.
Dinner was disastrous-my steak, which was only rump but incurred a £5.50 supplement, was undercooked. It was sent back, they wiped the sauce off it which I'd put on and re-cooked it, and it was still undercooked so the charge was refunded to my account.
Chocolate mousse for dessert was like slop so I didn't eat that either.
My friend had a glass of house red which was like vinegar.
The table that we were sat at had all the paint peeling of it.
With no air-con that night and windows that creaked constantly I had a sweaty, uncomfortable night.
Staff woke me at 1:30 am putting a note under the door asking us to check out at 11am!
At breakfast we waited at least 3 minutes before a staff member came to seat us.
Breakfast was all dry, cold stuff, the butter too cold to spread.
Hot food was extra and pricey for what you got so I filled up on bread.
One of the apples in the fruit bowls was rotten and the 'free' hot option, boiled eggs, had been under the heat lamp for so long that their yolks had turned grey.
I would never return to Champneys, back to Ragdale Hall for me!
Extremely disappointing stay and certainly not a spa-I am relieved to be home!

3 Thank Ly32
Tain, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is the only Champneys spa I have been to and I have been going for the last 22 years. The staff are so friendly. The rooms are lovely. The food is fantastic. Friends say "is it carrot juice and lettuce leaves?" Well it is as good as any 5star restaurant. The choices are amazing and you can have wine with your evening meal if you like. We were there for 3 nights this time and will definitely be returning as soon as we can. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We upgraded to the superior room. Would love to have a suite if finances allowed. Upstairs rooms are...
Dear guest

Thank you for your lovely review. I will ensure that the team get to read it as they will be delighted.

Thank you for your loyalty and continued support.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked the luxury spa day and it was just that, from the moment I arrived to leaving. I was shown to my own private changing room, which I wasn't expecting, the treatments I received were excellent. Lunch was a buffet style with a great choice from hot food and salad, all healthy options - there were a few moans and groans from people, but I think they were expecting to get burger and chips.... overall it was a very relaxing day and excellent value for money

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest

I am pleased that your recent Luxury day lived up to expectations.

Thank you for your feedback on the food and the treatments that you experienced. I will ensure these comments are passed on to the team.

We hope to welcome you back to Champneys Springs in the near future.

Champneys Springs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packington
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Market Bosworth
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,070 reviews
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Hotel
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Ho...
#1 of 2 in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
#1 of 1 in Appleby Magna
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth

Been to Champneys Springs Health Resort? Share your experiences!