“Just Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Packington
London
“Just Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Springs is far superior to the other Champneys properties which we have also visited!
The resort is set within the most beautiful grounds surrounded by tranquil water and countryside. The staff were lovely, facilities great and food was amazing (we loved the Wrap Station). We were very well looked after and simply didn't want to leave! We will be back one day soon :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol_H846, Manager at Champneys Springs Health Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I am pleased that you had a good visit and were impressed with the team, the facilities and the food and I am glad that you left us wanting to stay on for longer.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to Springs Resort soon.

Resort Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Champneys Springs Resort for two nights, Tues 5th and Weds 6th July. The staff were extremely helpful throughout, nothing was too much trouble and both check in and check out were smooth and efficient.
The deluxe room we had booked was really nice, spacious and really clean. Good selection of tea bags/coffee, a couple of bottles of complimentary water and a nice selection of Champneys toiletries. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. Throughout the hotel there are lots of big, comfortable sofas, chairs and loungers to have a relax on (there were plenty of people having a doze on them throughout the day!) There is a all-day cafe with an extremely cheerful, friendly member of staff who was very helpful. The gym is small but has all the equipment you could need. There are a couple of studios and an extensive timetable of classes. The swimming pool and changing rooms are modern, clean and appropriately sized.
Our meals were inclusive of the spa package we had booked and were all delicious and prepared with great care and attention. All the meals are in keeping with the 'healthy ethos' of Champneys, but are plentiful and delicious. If you have a sweet tooth (like myself!) I recommend taking your own goodies to enjoy in your room!
I had an excellent back massage and facial whilst visiting, the staff in the spa were extremely competent and knowledgeable.
All in all, a beautiful hotel and spa with modern, clean facilities and lovely staff. I will be back soon! Thank you Champneys Springs (I much preferred you to Tring!)

Stayed August 2014
Carol_H846, Manager at Champneys Springs Health Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit.

I will certainly be ensuring that your feedback is passed on to the team. I am delighted that you were impressed with the service that they delivered.

I am also pleased that you were happy with the room, the lounges, the fitness facilities, treatments and the dining experience and overall had an enjoyable visit.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the resort on a future visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed for our 3rd wedding anniversary for a 1 night stay. We arrived just before 2pm and was greeted by a very helpful gentleman who showed us to our room. We used used as many facilities as we could. We used the gym which was very well air conditioned with a great number of machines. The pool and changing facilities are the best I have ever seen. We have 2 treatments which were lovely and very professional. We used the tennis court and went on a brief bike ride. There is so much to do and all of the staff are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. Lunch was lovely, a large amount of choice, breakfast was good, the cooked options that you had to pay extra for seemed a bit pricy. We had a nice relaxing evening meal, food was good but could do with more non fish options. Not everyone likes fish. What we did have was nice but didn't have a great amount of flavour. We had a superior bedroom which was lovely, clean and comfortable.

Overall, we had a lovely break and left feeling relaxed and happy. My only comment would be is to have other meat dish options for dinner to cater for all preferences.

We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests

I am delighted that you enjoyed experiencing your 3rd Wedding Anniversary at Champneys Springs.

I am grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of your visit and I am pleased to read that you seem to have really made the most of our facilities during your stay.

Thank you for the feedback about the menu and the lack of choice of meat dishes, I will pass your feedback on to our Chef and Nutritionist.

Once again may I thank you for your feedback.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My friends and I celebrated a hen night with the "Girls Night In" package which proved to be excellent value for money. The welcome was superb, the staff friendly, rooms great and food was second to none. The facilities as you would expect were exceptional and I would jump at the chance to return as we had so much fun. The only downside was the motorway journey was HELL!!! That soon ebbed away at Champneys...

Room Tip: All the rooms are good to be honest, its the perfect place to relax
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest

I am so delighted that you enjoyed your special celebration break so much.

Thank you for your lovely feedback about the team, the rooms and the food. It is a shame the motorway was not kinder to you on your journey home. You will need to come back to de-stress again now.

We hope that you will return again soon.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for work purposes for one night. I booked through a hotel agent where it is claimed the room was reduced from £400 to £75, and I'll have to be honest I would have complained if Id have paid the full price. The bedroom was a bit tired, could do with a new interior design eye on it. The facilities however are wonderful! The swimming pool, the spa and the whole place has a general relaxing feel to it. You will feel refreshed after spending some time here. I did make recommendations upon leaving, as the breakfast croissants and bread were not covered and there were flies crawling on the food. I did however tell the breakfast waiter and he did replace it. If you do happen to visit, just look to see if they have them under wraps away from the flies! Parking is ample and you are away from it all here - a nice time to spend relaxing with your friends or your loved one! Be warned, the bar and restaurant only sell limited amounts of alcohol with food, but I know champneys pride themselves on a healthy lifestyle. Food from the cafe area is only served at certain times too. I would revisit, and I will ( to be a spy at breakfast)!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank Jilcentral
Carol_H846, Manager at Champneys Springs Health Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write with a review of your visit.

It was lovely to read such wonderful feedback and I will ensure that the team get so see a copy as they will be delighted.

I hope to welcome you on a return visit soon.

Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great value, comfortable accommodation. Polite helpful staff and experienced therapists. Hydrotherapy pool is refreshing and invigorating and gives a fabulous overall
massage. The current chef(s) are outstanding and food is beautifully cooked, flavoursome and very well presented. Waiters and waitresses - all house staff are great. A very good choice of products to browse and buy. Would be good to have a choice of dressing gowns - heavy towelling or light cotton waffle and a greater choice of teas and coffees after dinner. Standard refrigerators in
each room would be good! They are minor gripes really on what was a fabulous stay. Must be good we keep going back to Springs every six months!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback and for you continued loyalty to Champneys Springs.

I will pass on your compliments to the Chefs and the Restaurant team. Thank you for your feedback about the robes and the after dinner drinks - I will ensure that your comments are relayed.

I am pleased that you enjoy your visits and hope to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting for 12 years and always leave feeling rejuvenated. Champneys offers excellent value for money, the buffet breakfast and lunch, three course dinner, access to the facilities and fitness classes. An ordinary hotel just does not match up, especially in terms of the staff who offer top service, are very professional and friendly with it - too many to name. There is clearly a nice camaraderie, particularly amongst the fitness team. Some classes require an extra £5 payment and are well worth it, especially Michael Cashmore's Tai Chi and Meditation classes.

I have also visited Forest Mere several times but on the whole I prefer Springs because it feels more spacious and the staff make it feel personal.

Thank you Spring!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your visits to Champneys Springs.

Here's to another great 12 years!

We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Champneys Springs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packington
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Market Bosworth
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,024 reviews
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Hotel
Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Ho...
#1 of 2 in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,127 reviews
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth

Been to Champneys Springs Health Resort? Share your experiences!