“Lovely relaxing break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Packington
Northeast
“Lovely relaxing break”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I really enjoyed my 2 night break although my package did not include any treatments and was unable to book when I arrived as they were full booked up! If you want any treatments or extras to your package, I suggest you book these prior to your visit. The Hotel has a very relaxing feel and there are plenty of comfy sofas, loungers and chairs around for everyone. There is an action packed programme of activities and classes running all day from 07.00 until late evening; a large swimming pool; gym; tennis court; and bikes to get out into the lovely countryside. The best things for me were the wonderful attentive professional staff in all areas and the superb food at all the mealtimes. Breakfast and lunch were buffet style, and the evening meal had plenty of choices and was beautifully presented. My bedroom was very roomy with a french door leading to a small patio area with a table and 2 chairs outside and sun loungers (not used due to the rain). The bed was fairly comfortable and the bathroom OK with plenty of complimentary toiletries and soft fluffy towels. I would definitely go back and recommend Champneys at Springs. A nice gesture if you are on your own is to be invited to sit at the Champneys table for the evening meal to be with other guests who are on their own.

Room Tip: There seem to be so many rooms in different areas, I cannot recommend one in particular.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Champney's Springs is a lovely place, the facilities are great with friendly staff. Booking (over the phone) is a disappointing experience. The food is exceptional and there are so many classes to attend, if you want. Definitely going again.

Stalybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely room and very comfortable....nice products in bathrooms. Really bad sewage smell at the end of the corridor and very noisy guests...one was crying outside our door at 4 am. Gym and swimming pool very good with steam and sauna rooms. Food was healthy and tasty especially dinner but my husband found a hair on his plate and the cutlery could have been cleaner. Had a sports massage and although he was late Andrew did a really great job and as well as sorting my shoulders out he had great advice too. Played tennis on the court outside...did catch my foot on part of the fence sticking out. Grounds are well maintained including a full size football pitch. You can hire cycles to have a small ride round the grounds. Lots of classes to attend but some charge extra. Great relaxing weekend. Also must thank them for sorting a booking error out as the website secret escapes had mixed the dates up.we were supposed to go to champneys in tring but as it was full up we had to change venues last minute. This was a real lifesaver as my husband would have felt so guilty if my birthday would have been a disaster. Will return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joebloggs90
Carol_H846, Manager at Champneys Springs Health Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear guest

I am glad that overall you had a relaxing birthday weekend with us at Champneys Springs.

I am delighted that you were impressed with your room, the facilities, your Sports Massage and the quality of the food.

Thank you for highlighting the points raised in relation to the smell in the corridor, the issues in the restaurant, the disturbance in the night and the tennis court fencing. I can assure you that I will be taking action to follow up these points.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review. I am delighted that you are planning to return and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort,

Kind regards

Carol

Carol Harvey
Resort Operations Manager
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing spa break at Champneys Springs. We have visited several Champneys locations but find this purpose built spa the best for the facilities. Our two night break included two treatments, both of which were included. It is a shame they no longer include the thalassotherapy treatment. The treatments were excellent (although ensure you ask for a face hole in advance for your massage if this is your preference). The food was excellent, especially the buffet lunch. The rooms seem a little tired and basic and if we had not been taking advantage of an offer I would have been more disappointed in the standard room. We had trouble with the online booking system and then, subsequently, with the reservations team. It is well worth a visit for the superb spa and gym facilities and made more relaxing by staying overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that have been modernised, it looked like the hotel was improving the rooms in som...
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Champneys Springs exceeded our expectations with regard to treatments which were really relaxing and carried out by extremely competent, friendly and caring Therapists and the evening meal, lunch and breakfast were wonderful; so much choice, extremely nutritious and really flavoursome.

You got into the ambience of the resort ambling around in your white robes and flip flops very happily within no time at all. It was great to have so many different places to be quiet and relax and chill, to have time and space to read, do nothing or chat if we wanted to.

All the staff were very friendly and professional. We especially loved the aqua fit class and the pool. It was a shame the weather was not better when we went as despite the rain we did explore the grounds but could see on a good day it would have been lovely to have hired some bikes and walked further.

It was such a relaxing and reviving break we have already taken advantage of the return visit offer and look forward immensely to a 2 night break within the next 6 months.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have not been to a Health Resort before. I had a marvellous two night stay at Springs with my Sister. I cannot praise the place and staff enough, I have tried to find a small negative about my stay, can't think of one! Go there, it really is superb. The staff are all helpful and friendly, the facilities were great and the food was just gorgeous. Saving for my next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pearl L
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The team of staff at springs had the biggest impact on me. Everyone was genuinely friendly, kind and helpful. They were so professional and it was no trouble for them to help advise or support anything you needed. The waiting and cafe staff were especially professional but also accommodating with a larger group and their specific needs. Thank you for helping to make a great break in a great location even more fab.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pond are really tranquil
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packington
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Champneys Springs Health Resort? Share your experiences!