“Can't fault it overall, try it you might like it”
Review of My Spice - CLOSED

My Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near Loughbrough
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Have been three or four times, usually the bill is a reasonable £40 ish for two including a couple of drinks which is the going rate. I must admit I was a little unnerved how quiet it was for a Friday night, just us and this other couple in there. First meal, excellent, food piping hot, well garnished and tasty. Second time, not so good, we did the £8 set menu and I felt the curry sauces were a bit gritty (reminded me a bit of a well known brand of curry sauces) third visit, last Friday, more like the first visit but alas we were the only ones in there. The staff are wonderful so c'mon Shepshed give my spice a try you might like it!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The best food I have ever tasted in here love to go back and recommended to every one in Shepshed must try don't look at these bad comment go and try first and say.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We've eaten takeaways from here a few times, and up until now it's been pretty good. Tonight we noticed new management. I made a joke about us judging them on the cooking as I left with the order. How prophetic...

The food looked - well - just weird. My chill chicken tikka was chicken and poorly cooked veg in gravy (the kind made with granules) with chillis added. My wife's Rogan Josh had tinned veg in it. It was barely edible. It all looked like leftovers. No texture or colour. I am stunned at the other reviews and deeply suspicious. It was very very bad - the worst takeaway meal I have had in years.

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Went for birthday celebration started well with high hopes first issue waitress spilt tray of beer ( 6 bottles of cobra) over my son in law, he was soaked no towel or assistance offered and no replacement beer offered
The poppadoms arrived and were very oily (pickles were good) no one came to take food order we had to ask after poppadoms were finished
When meals arrived all delivered to wrong people vindaloo delivered to my wife who had ordered masala she was then given madras and in the end received no meal at all only rice
In the end two meals never arrived at all - the food the did arrive was awful and tasted like it was from a jar rather than cooked fresh
We did get a little discount only for the 2 meals that didn't arrive which we had to ask for no other discount or complimentary drinks offered.
Did speak to the owner who said normally fine and no complaints
We gave it a try but unfortunately the food and service was awful we won't be returning anytime soon
Toilets were also pretty dirty and in need of deep clean and attention

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Went back here after changing owners again and got to say was lovly loads better then last time.
Told the chaps at work who also ordered that night and said the same was very good. I would say give them a chance I think you will be pleased.