“Golf day and overnight stay”

Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broughton
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Again we came back to our Company golf day at Forest Pines, met lots of old friends and colleagues, had a great day and night, hospitality was as good as normal , nothing was too much trouble, the golf course was in excellent condition , and the weather topped it..fantastic.unfortunately I didn't win. But better luck next year. They even found me an extra meal on the evening as I was extremely hungry.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back for Spa and Golf.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear villan20
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent return visit for a company golf day here are at Forest Pines. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit (despite not winning at golf), and that you were well looked after by our team. We look forward to welcoming you in future years when hopefully you may have better luck with your golf!

There are newer reviews for Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Enjoyed a relaxing three day break here with my partner. He went off racing at Blyton Park and I booked myself some beauty treatments at the on-site spa. Lovely room, well maintained hotel which was always clean and attractive. Nice food - my only complaint was an extremely dry scone I was served as part of afternoon tea! The health club and pool facilities are excellent, and every staff member I have spoken to has been polite and helpful. Pricey, but lovely for a special break away!

1  Thank sparrowl
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear sparrowl
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines.
I was delighted to read that you managed to enjoy our Spa, whilst your partner went racing and that you found everything else to your satisfaction throughout your stay.
I’m sorry that you felt that the scone was dry that was served with your afternoon tea and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to my chef.
We do hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as a birthday treat. The staff are very attentative friendly and helpful. It was very busy when we arrived on the Sunday and it is advisable when you book to call hotel and make a dinner reservation ASAP otherwise you could find yourself sitting down to dinner very late.

Room Tip: We had a superior room which was very spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear mazz16
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.
I was delighted to read that everything was to your satisfaction during your 2 day birthday celebration and that you found the team attentive, friendly and helpful.
We do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Went for a two day golfing break with 39 others! My golf was poor but the courses were fine. Only problem was the trees, suppose the name gave it away. Room in the hotel was fine, a typical large well appointed comfortable place to unwind after a strenuous trip round the course in a buggy. Evening meal was fine, apart from having to pay a £3.50 extra for cheese and biscuits! Breakfast, superb. All you could eat and a great selection. Now we come to the drinks. Why oh why do hotels have to milk residents with the price of a pint, or even a coke for that matter. With the average pint being £4.00 and a ridiculous £2.85 for a glass of coke it made for an expensive evening. As a captive audience which all residents are the hotel chain milk as much as they can. Is it necessary? I think not. Is it fair? Definitely not.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Ianozrob
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Forest Pines.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your golfing experience and that you found your room and breakfast to your satisfaction and in general the evening meal was satisfactory.
With regards to our pricing for drinks, I would like to reassure you that by no means are we trying to take advantage of our guests being a captive audience, as there are several public houses within close locality to the hotel, however our prices are in line with both local hotels and also the costs from our suppliers and I am sorry if you felt that this was expensive.
We do hope that you will return to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Have been to this hotel over the last 2 decades. 2 times as part of a yearly golf society trip, once with the wife as a cheap weekend break and this week with another couple, the men hoping to play a round of golf.
The two golf society trips and the one time with my wife 3 years ago was really good and that was why we chose it as a travel break home from the north east.
This time we were quite disappointed.
Checking is was good. After check in the 'boys' went to play golf. When we arrived at the check in the attendant seemed quite disappointed at having a free coupon to play golf. he was quite gruff. On asking if a buggy was available he said quite plainly 'No'. No apologies for not having them but just 'No'.
Having already booked a tee-time of 15:30 hrs we were a bit disappointed to find two further groups standing waiting on the tee before us. 20 minutes later we teed off, and were held up considerably by slow players 2 holes ahead and we actually just played 9 holes as we would not have finished before it was totally dark.
The room was adequate and very clean although there were no privacy (net) curtains (although the rails were there) so we had to have the main curtains closed making the room without natural light. There was some noise from other guests in the corridors but tiredness and alcohol soon negated that.
The evening meal was the main problem.
Starters were sufficient and we ordered a drink before the starters. After about 20 minutes we questioned where they were and the waitress admitted she had forgotten them. The main meal was very good but when we ordered the sweet, one of the four choices we had was not available. The main problem was when one of the 3 further choices (creme brulee) arrived it was frozen halfway from the bottom.
Overall this made the visit a disappointed one and will not be revisiting this hotel again. I hope other Q hotels are better than this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacquie H, Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Ron M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent golfing visit to Forest Pines and I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.
Please accept my sincere apologies for this poor service and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further and therefore would be grateful if you could please contact me personally at acook@qhotels.co.uk with your details.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the disappointment you have experienced.
Andrew

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very attentive staff, great room, and not at all expensive. Good Dinner and very full breakfast. We particularily enjoyed walking around the Golf courses, which are in fabulous settings. Booking was relatively easy, the only thing is we will in future book for any Spa Treatments in advance, as unfortunately with weekends and possible Weddings these are not always readily available. All in all a very nice place and am sure we will return in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear graham g
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that everything was to your satisfaction and that you found the team attentive and I do hope that the next time you visit, you will have the opportunity to experience our Spa facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Forest Pines in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

An excellent experience right from entering the car park. Arrived late at night after a long journey and received a warm welcome from a very friendly receptionist. Check in was very prompt and we were even asked if we were ok with carrying our suitcases and bags to our room. Was not too impressed with quite a long walk to the room and upon arriving at the room finding that the keycards did not work and having to return to reception. I was walked back to the room and had to be let in using a master key as the cards still did not work. We were told they would push some new cards under our door however this did not happen and we had to go to reception to sort it in the morning. This problem however was sorted straight away the following morning and we had no further problems.

The room was very clean and comfortable with a huge, comfortable bed. The bathroom was spotless and very modern. There were quite a few channels to watch on the TV and a few movies that you could pay to watch, however these began at certain times.

Arriving early for breakfast at about 7AM, the restaurant was quiet and we received a warm welcome and the waitress even made an effort to sit us away from the cold with it being quite a cool morning. There was a wide selection of food to choose from which was of good quality.

There were a good range of facilities available but due to having limited time, I did not visit these so cannot comment on them. The location of the hotel was great if you are just looking for relaxed surroundings, however to get to the nearest towns you would need either a car or have to take a bus.

Checkout was very prompt and after staying for 2 nights I would recommend this hotel as it is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room in the 400's and it was quite a long walk and also on the 2nd floor, lifts are...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacquie H, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear C1992
I am sorry that you had an issue with our electronic key cards upon arrival and that we failed to provide you with replacements as promised that evening, however was pleased to read that we managed to resolve this promptly for you the next morning.
I was delighted to read that everything else was to your satisfaction and do hope that you will return to visit us again in the very near future.
Jacquie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broughton
Branston Hall Hotel
Ashbourne Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Killingholme
DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
Brackenborough Hotel

Been to Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!