We visited Forest pines for a gents golf trip primarily. It also happened to fall on the final day of the 2014 masters weekend! We booked dinner B&B for £99. Are first tee time was 1420' so we arrived with plenty of time to unpack and warm up. The hotel was superb, the customer service was excellent and very friendly. The rooms were not ready until 3pm, so we left our remainder kit with reception and picked it up later. We checked into the golf facility, and had a good intro to the site and the protocol of check in etc with the tee master. Roger was great he assisted with where we needed to be and when, as the day was slightly behind schedule. Unfortunately there were no range balls initially, so we went for a practise putt on the most amazing putting green, not your average practice surface! After 20 mins we were given the nod that a ball collection was complete and we had first dibs on the basket of balls. Once warmed up we ventured on to the Beeches for the first nine and then the Forest for the second. Two outstanding loops of nine, that will test even the lowest of handicaps, particularly around the greens which had more undulations than Augusta.
If you make the greens in regulation don't be fooled, you will still be tested and then some. The tree lined holes mixed with water sections and tricky bunker protected greens makes this track a superb round of golf.
We walked of the last green a little late, 1925. As it was a slow round we took in the scenery and had a good bit of banter to past the time. Once showered and changed in the plush rooms we headed to the Pines bar to eat and watch the last day of the Masters. Within the deal we had a £26 per head food voucher. This covered the rib steak and chips with sides. The food was cooked well and again the service from the bar was tip top. The rooms had two double beds which were very comfy and we all had a great night sleep, helped by the San Miguel. Our morning tee time of 0852, got us up early and settled in for a fantastic breakfast and service. All you could want was on offer here, hot and cold buffet, fruit, yoghurt and pastries.
The loops we then played were the Pines and the Beeches, again another great 18 holes of testing golf. There was more water on this track which broke up the tree lined holes nicely. The greens once again were very tricky, so practise before you had out, you will need it! Trolleys here are £4 a round, there are buggies but book before you arrive as these were popular. In summary, we found the Sunday, Monday golf package great value. The courses were in superb condition and we had a great time. Many thanks to Roger and team at the golf centre for looking after us.
This is a great place to stay and play, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forest Pines is a luxury golf and country club hotel set within its own 190 acres of woodland just off junction 4 of the M180 in North Lincolnshire. The hotel is one of the region's premier hotels with extensive facilities including 188 luxury en-suite bedrooms, 18 metre swimming pool, gymnasium, beauty spa, function rooms and 27 holes of Championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - a q Broughton
- Forest Pines Hotel And Golf Resort - a Qhotel
- Forest Pines Broughton
- Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel Lincolnshire/Broughton, UK