“Overnight spa break”

Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broughton
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband bought me a gift card for an overnight spa break which I used this weekend with a friend. We arrived 3pm Friday, left around 5pm Saturday. Lovely welcome with very friendly staff in reception, in particular, Donna. Lovely large room with very comfortable double bed each. Excellent food in the restaurant. Spa treatment was 'to die for', steam room/ sauna and jacuzzi well maintained and clean. All staff members were courteous and friendly. The whole atmosphere was relaxed, in beautiful grounds in very convenient location from major roads.The only negative is that were were charged for water that was poured from a jug, I do hope we did not pay for tapwater! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will be returning in the near future.

1  Thank JillH139
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear JillH139

Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed staying with us at Forest Pines. Your comments are really appreciated and we take on board the comments regarding the water charge, which we have passed on to our Food and Beverage Manager to review with her team.

It is great to hear Donna went the extra mile, and i will make sure your comments are passed onto her and she is recognised through our extra mile scheme.

I do hope that you will be able to return soon.

John

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here very recently on a hastily arranged overnight and found the place to be wonderfully peaceful with huge rooms that were very comfortable. Had a nice meal in the Pine Bar which had a small but varied 'pub grub' menu. Lovely atmosphere in said bar with gorgeous views of the immaculate golf course and was even visited by some local ducks. Would definitely consider a longer stay for leisure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear barrymac82

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

For a golfing weekend it's hard to beat this fabulous 27 hole course and lovely accommodation. The service was very good and the various restaurants and bars really make you feel you are at a special venue.

The only reason I left off a star is for the laughable bar prices, literally double what you would pay for the same drinks elsewhere. Food I thought was reasonable quality considering the number of punters they had to deal with on a busy weekend. Breakfast was very good. Dinners varied, whether a buffet or pre-ordered from a limited menu ( standard practice for large golfing groups) . Food was often below temperature and buffet plates were cold. I also thought the a la carte restaurant was grossly over priced and pretentious on a previous visit. Anyway as an avid golfer I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Everyone seemed to say they had a good room. Ours 133 had a quiet outlook.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CaptainGoffy

Dear CaptainGoffy

We have taken your comments on board regarding buffet temperature and our 1857 A la carte restaurant, which i will discuss further with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just home from a overnight spa package with friends. Brilliant from start to finish. The spa is lovely. I could have stayed in the hot tub all day. Meals were excellent, both in the upstairs bar and the restaurant. The most impressive to me was the friendly, helpful attitude of all the staff, both in the hotel ( reception, hotel staff and spa staff). A really enjoyable stay. We are planning a return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Maureen C

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at Forest Pines for your break. It's great to hear that you had a relaxing break and that you were looked after by our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have recently returned from a two day spa break at this hotel. Value for money was excellent. The spa experience was very good the staff very attentive. The meal in the restaurant 1857 was excellent. The staff Christopher Hoare, Chris Jones, Frank Napolitano and Steph Pick were excellent at their job. The overall experience was excellent. and good value for money. We have visited several spas and hotels during the last two years and overall these chain of hotels are very good value for money in respect of treatments and the food is always excellent. I feel that the above staff deserve a mention since although extremely busy their attention to detail was excellent. Well done to the chef who created an exciting menu.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are completely separate from the venue for weddings etc and from the spa and golf ar...

Dear Shelia b

I will pass on your kind comments as it's always nice to know our guests are happy with the service they receive.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is a stand out hotel for many reasons. Yes it's four star, but I have stayed in worse 5 Star Hotels. It's spacious, very clean, we'll laid out. The Staff were very friendly and very helpful. One girl comes to mind at the check-in desk..Alice. Very polite, gave me a nice friendly welcome and appeared to be happy in herself and happy at her work. The food was of a very good standard, with very good variety. The dinners plates were hot which I like. The fried egg's cooked quickly to order.

The bedrooms were very clean indeed with tasteful up to date furnishings. The carpets were fairly new to new. The beds were so comfortable. I upgraded to a QHotel Executive Room. Good size, brilliant iron...came with 4 little l.e.d lights which got rid of shadows as you were ironing. I can recommend Room 174. Although about 30 feet from the main road the double/treble glazing meant you did not hear a peep. Oh the pillows were fantastic. Once you put your head down I did not want to move.

I would very happily use this hotel again if I was near Doncaster. :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Greg P

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited this hotel for a Heartfelt Creations Retreat, organised by Oyster Stamps.Good quality, clean hotel. The Eighteen57 restaurant was lovely but didn't enjoy the food or service in the Grill restaurant. The rooms were airy and comfortable, if you want air conditioning specify this on booking as not all rooms have it. The beds are very comfortable and although there a weddings etc held at the hotel, it didn't appear noisy, myself and my friends all slept well.I want to particularly commend Christopher Hoares who works at the hotel, he was courteous and very helpful to all clients he came in contact with at the hotel and on one occasion that we witnessed went above and beyond the call of duty for a client. I recommend he be put up for Employee of the Month. He is a credit to the hotel and some staff could learn a lot from this young man. Well done Christopher

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
John A, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Joanne W

Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed staying with us at Forest Pines. Your comments are really appreciated and we take on board the comments regarding The Grill restaurant food and serivce, which I have passed on to our Executive Head Chef and restaurant manager to review with their team's.

It is great to hear Chris went the extra mile, and i will make sure your comments are passed onto him and he is recognised through our extra mile scheme.

I do hope that you will be able to return soon.

John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broughton
Travelodge Scunthorpe
#4 of 4 in Scunthorpe
The Lincoln Hotel
The Lincoln Hotel
#7 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!