1,741 results
All reviews golf course q hotels golf break great golf evening meal golf bar two double beds round of golf golf society light lunch main restaurant leisure facilities relaxation room steam room great weekend superior room buffet style
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We hired a suite at Forest Pines to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We were also keen to check out the place as we hold conferences as part of our work so thought this could be an ideal location.
First impressions were really good, plenty of parking, nice reception area and helpful staff. I booked in the spa the week before, that wasn't easy to be honest. I messaged on Facebook to ask for treatment list, was told someone would call me. They eventually did and then decided to send me treatment list by email which is what I asked for in the first place so I could decide. All the took about 4 days by which time they only had half hour slots left which I booked. On arrival in the spa it was perfect, lovely relaxation room. Massage was excellent but could hear the building works going on all around the complex which wasn't relaxing at all!
I also noted that on arrival they had hour slots at the spa being advertised at reception. Plus the spa day being advertised was £45 for the day and included a 60 mins treatment and 20% of food/drink. I paid £44 for half an hour treatment and full costs on food and drink, I felt I should have been told of this offer on booking as it would have saved us a lot of money!
The suite was lovely, great sized bed, comfortable and well furnished. A couple of small bottles of wine and beer in the minibar. We were really pleased with the room.
We went to the bar in the afternoon, drinks were really expensive and everywhere we went kept asking if we were entitled to the 20% discount, which we weren't which slightly added insult to injury. It was nice and quiet however and we had a pleasant afternoon.
Dinner was a shambles. There was a large party of very loud golfers in the bar who also went into the restaurant. They were giving speeches etc, not conducive to a romantic dinner for two!
The tables were really close together so you could just fit a member of staff between to wait on the tables but you could also hear every bit of the other tables conversations. It was extremely warm in the restaurant. Starters were very average for the price, husband's ham hock arrived without any bread and waiting staff were too busy to be able to call over. I had mozaerella and tomato salad, very small portion but nice enough. The main course was not at all good. I had tuna steak and it was virtually raw inside, I ate around the outside and left the majority. My husband had burger but it was drenched in a seafood sauce and he left the majority of his too.
We left to sit outside prior to plates being collected as it was so busy in the restaurant. We were asked how our meal was and explained and got about £10 knocked off the bottle of wine. Not great considering we'd left most of our meal and it was supposed to be a really special occasion.
We decided to get room service for breakfast the next day and it was great. Good portions, well presented and cooked. Only to then be interrupted by housekeeping at 10am who wanted to clean the room despite it being an 11a checkout - sigh!
I'd imagine this is great for large bookings, the golfing party seemed to be having a fantastic time! But it wasn't at all good for a romantic break for two. I also now wouldn't consider it for our conferences as the evening meal was so poor.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank VickiDee
Michael L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Forest Pines Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your review, My PA Claire has forwarded me your email and I can assure you we are looking into your points made.

Once again please accept my apologies that your experience was not one to remembered. I would like to assure you that I am looking into your feedback and appropriate learning’s will be put in place from the service points you mentioned.
We will get back to you via email as soon as we have looked in to this.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel and facilities, rooms a nice size clean and tidy. Restaurant nice food now here’s the however = standing at the door to the restaurant for over five minutes waiting to be seated, plenty of empty tables. Head waiter then comes over and says we are very busy you’ll have to wait half an hour, I moaned a bit, then he starts arguing with me. Not sure the old customer comes first thing has quite worked.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and constructive feedback, I am delighted to hear your experience over all was a positive one.

I have taken notes of your points raised and have asked respective departmental heads to look at further training.
Thank you for taking the time and bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

1st Stay was with brothers and son to play golf, and what a great couple of days. Golf course is amazing, people so friendly and then there is the food, excellent. Dinner and breakfast both as good as each other and we always will go back every year!
2nd was amazing. the lady on reception remembered me from the golf and upgraded the room for my wife and I.
Room was amazing, food again was great and loved the place on every level.
Will 100% go back and don't be fooled by the corporate image, they are soooo friendly, thanks to all.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Forest Pines Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Antony,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review on your recent stays at Forest Pines Hotel and Golf Resort - thank you for returning once again:)
We are delighted to read that your had a wonderful time and we are thrilled that you found our staff friendly and attentive. It’s also great to know you enjoyed the food and golf course! I will pass on your lovely comments to all staff involved.

I hope we get a chance to greet you at Forest Pines again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and accommodation. We used the pool and facilities where good arrangement for school holidays children get an hours splash play then after 6pm is adults only. We enjoyed our stay.
Restaurants slightly expensive for family of four but plenty of local eateries.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful feed back regarding your stay, I am happy that you enjoyed our property. I will share this with our team, I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Micahel Lavizani

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Couldn’t fault the hotel or the food.
However,we were there for the golf. The course was very poor, I appreciate the recent weather has played a part, but the tees are bare and the fairways have no grass, the greens were the only part of the course that resembled a golf course. I would not recommend anyone playing here as it’s not golf the ball bounces and runs into impossible positions making it difficult to play. The course was in poor conditions with bunkers neglected. I have played many courses down south over the years but won’t be returning here which is a shame as the hotel is very good but the course lets it down. Even allowing for the conditions we experienced I didn’t think the course was worth the travel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent golf stay. It was great to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and like dour hotel.
I was shocked to hear your comments regarding our golf course. We are extremely proud of our facilities, golf course and most importantly green keeping team I am very sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. I will forward your comments to our Head Green keeper as we do welcome all feedback, I am sorry you didn't enjoy playing our course.
I hope we can welcome you back in the future.