“DISABILITY COMPASSION - NON EXISTENT!”
Review of Riverside

Riverside
Ranked #57 of 148 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$16 - US$44
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated on Cleethorpes Seafront with lovely views, experience the authentic taste of tapas food at Riverside. We are passionate about freshly cooked tapas dishes, our exciting tapas and paella range lets you choose from a variety of dishes; meat, fish or vegetarian– great to share and cooked fresh to order.We also offer a variety of non-tapas meals and a great selection of contemporary desserts and cocktails.Whether its a celebration, an intimate evening or a casual evening meal- Riverside is the number one location to dine!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After having been here many times before for both meals and just a drink ,we decided to pop in for a glass of wine on a busy Friday night. As I suffer from arthritis, and had been walking about, I stopped to briefly sit on the ( very wide) steps at the entrance, just to rest my legs for a couple of minutes.Immediately the bouncer shouted at me to get up and move on as I was being a 'fire hazard.' The way he spoke to me and the complete lack of respect made my partner and I very annoyed and upset. He completely disregarded my reason for sitting there and the fact that I only intended to be there for a minute or 2 anyway....the seating area was full but people were bound to move on soon.When my partner tried to appeal to the bouncers for some understanding and compassion over this ,to no avail, the management came out and asked what the matter was.When we explained to the management and bar staff he said 'well you shouldn't be out then, if you've got a bad leg.' I was shocked by this and said ' so you think anyone who has anything wrong with them should not come out.' To which he replied ' Yes, that's right!' I was so stunned at this I swore in disbelief and was told .'..and now you've sworn so you're barred!' ........UNbelieavable!!!!!!!

1  Thank Karen L
-cursetea-, Manager at Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your review, we appreciate every review as it helps to highlight any areas that need to be addressed

I am sorry to hear of your experience with us. Although we do not allow customers to sit on the steps leading to the decked area and restaurant, I am shocked by the way this matter was dealt with and can only apologize on behalf of the members of staff which you had the misfortune of dealing with.
I would like to think that any member of staff would have tried to offer you another solution, and perhaps have taken a chair from the restaurant if there were no spare ones on the decking or in the bar area.

Once again, I am truly sorry for your experience!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We came here to celebrate a friend's wedding reception. We had the private room inn the back which was great for the small weding party. The food was delcious and plentiful. The staff were very attentive, when you needed them to be, and discrete when you needed them to be.

1  Thank Russ1470

Thank you so much for your review and congratulations to your friends!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and i went here today for something different.Excellent ,good service and good food.We only had a hour in the free carpark outside, and yes we were in and out within 40 mins,thats just how we like it.Great day!!!!

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the 6 tapas dishes on a quiet Wednesday night and it was just amazing all the dishes were cooked to perfection generous portions and the sangria was brilliant , service was exceptional and we had cocktails downstairs afterwards great great great

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! We hope to see you again son for more tapas!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Its simple - well cooked food, not overpriced, wide selection, lovely atmosphere and attentive staff. What more can I say?

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We hope to see you back again soon