“Great place”

Ranked #45 of 140 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$16 - US$43
Cuisines: Spanish, Mediterranean, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated on Cleethorpes Seafront with lovely views, experience the authentic taste of tapas food at Riverside. We are passionate about freshly cooked tapas dishes, our exciting tapas and paella range lets you choose from a variety of dishes; meat, fish or vegetarian– great to share and cooked fresh to order.We also offer a variety of non-tapas meals and a great selection of contemporary desserts and cocktails.Whether its a celebration, an intimate evening or a casual evening meal- Riverside is the number one location to dine!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Visited riverside last night after it being recommended to us-the tapas were delicious and not overpriced -good atmosphere and great service from the staff-will definitely return

• Visited July 2014
-cursetea-, Manager at Riverside, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review! We hope to see you again very soon

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a Saturday...”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is perfect if you have been shopping with company and want a nice glass wine with nibbles on comfy sofas in the bar downstairs or a nice meal for 2 or more upstairs we Love the riverside. One of our favourite restaurants in town and further. Enjoy :-)

• Visited June 2014
-cursetea-, Manager at Riverside, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you back again soon
Barnetby le Wold, United Kingdom
“Nice lunchtime tapas”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in for late lunch. Had a couple of salads and a couple of tapas. Not bad at all. Good service, tasty food. Will give the restaurant a try and maybe do the 6 tapas and wine deal in the next few months

-cursetea-, Manager at Riverside, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you back again soon to take advantage of our 6 dishes and a bottle of wine deal!
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Excellent tapas”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was a bit unsure as never had tapas before and wondered if I would be left feeling hungry!! Food was excellent and very filling. We had the deal which was 6 tapas of our choice and bottle of wine for £35 - great value. My husband has allergy to nuts and fish and staff were very helpful in advising us what dishes to choose. Will definately be visiting again.

• Visited June 2014
-cursetea-, Manager at Riverside, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your review! We always aim to provide our customers with the best customer service we can and product knowledge is a big part of that!
We hope to see you back again soon for more tapas
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“DISABILITY COMPASSION - NON EXISTENT!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After having been here many times before for both meals and just a drink ,we decided to pop in for a glass of wine on a busy Friday night. As I suffer from arthritis, and had been walking about, I stopped to briefly sit on the ( very wide) steps at the entrance, just to rest my legs for a couple of minutes.Immediately the bouncer shouted at me to get up and move on as I was being a 'fire hazard.' The way he spoke to me and the complete lack of respect made my partner and I very annoyed and upset. He completely disregarded my reason for sitting there and the fact that I only intended to be there for a minute or 2 anyway....the seating area was full but people were bound to move on soon.When my partner tried to appeal to the bouncers for some understanding and compassion over this ,to no avail, the management came out and asked what the matter was.When we explained to the management and bar staff he said 'well you shouldn't be out then, if you've got a bad leg.' I was shocked by this and said ' so you think anyone who has anything wrong with them should not come out.' To which he replied ' Yes, that's right!' I was so stunned at this I swore in disbelief and was told .'..and now you've sworn so you're barred!' ........UNbelieavable!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Karen L
-cursetea-, Manager at Riverside, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate every review as it helps to highlight any areas that need to be addressed

I am sorry to hear of your experience with us. Although we do not allow customers to sit on the steps leading to the decked area and restaurant, I am shocked by the way this matter was dealt with and can only apologize on behalf of the members of staff which you had the misfortune of dealing with.
I would like to think that any member of staff would have tried to offer you another solution, and perhaps have taken a chair from the restaurant if there were no spare ones on the decking or in the bar area.

Once again, I am truly sorry for your experience!