“Great Indian food”

Ranked #64 of 149 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is my favourite Indian restaurant in the Cleethorpes/Grimsby area. Wonderful Indian food, the vindaloo is exceptionally good. Quiet restaurant which is always nice.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The best Indian in cleethorpes without a doubt!
The good food is so tasty ! It is clean , most of the staff are very friendly. The food is served promptly with fresh pickle trays being served also.
My suggestions to make this better is to alter the downstairs toilet to make it bigger

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Four of us arrived on Sunday night after a long day out walking in the Derbyshire Dales and needed a tasty treat.

Asking if it was ok that we did not have a booking, we were led to think they were doing us a big favour letting us even frequent their establishment.

(there are three similar restaurants in a row next to each other)

Anyway seated with the only other customers (two couples) in the place, we were asked for drinks please, one of our party has to avoid sugar and is careful in ordering food and but not in an attention seeking way, asked for water - well the sneer was there for us all to see. The other three drinks please were 3 Cobra. When Mr. Attitude returned to the table there was a distinct slam of the glass of water with yet another sneer.

Should we stay or should we go?

We indicated we were ready to order food with Mr. Attitude the drinks provider, he just ignored us and walked away.

Should we stay or should we go?

Another charmer arrived at our table after attracting his attention, "can we order food please"

"starters?"

No, we are going straight for mains if that's ok?

A look to the sky..... wow more attitude.

We ordered mains but again we were being a proper nuisance even though we had ordered extra side dishes, we didn't want Naan bread..

We ordered at 7.50pm the other tables had finished and gone. We then discovered it would been quicker to order our meal over the telephone and have it delivered to our table because that's all that came out of the kitchen for the next 40 minutes.

10...9...8...7......

Our meal arrived and it was absolutely delicious BUT we were severely fed up with staff, the attitude, the service and general disregard for paying customers.

Is this a restaurant or a dial-a-curry place, they need to make their minds up and if it is the latter lower the prices in the restaurant because even though the food was good it wasn't worth the money they were charging.

Sorry for being long winded but we all felt that people ought to know about our experience.

3  Thank touringtheworldslowy
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Decided to introduce my children to Indian food and this were the restaurant we took them to. 4 year old twin boys and 2 year old boy. The food was faultless and is well recommended for this. However the staff member could have made us feel a little more welcome. I got the feeling my children shouldn't be there. They are extremely well behaved so there wasn't a problem there. Maybe they just don't have many children visit. It was only 6pm so hardly peek time.
All in all I would revisit but probably just me and adults.

1  Thank sallysaxo69
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was very disappointed with the 2 1/2 wait for food I had last night at the eastern delight
I was in a party of 11 and the service was very long winded we had 2 drink rounds before we even ordered the starters I will not be returning again the food was not up to scratch

1  Thank MandyD659