“holiday with dog”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 23 September 2013

just returned from cleethorpes haven and i have to say its the biggest cleanest and nicest one we have visited yet. check in was quick however after recieving a message saying we could check kn from 12pm we set off earlier three hour drive to arrive and be told that we couldnt check in untill 4pm but we could buy a pass and use the arcades etc, we was ln holiday with our dog so this is not what we came for just another way to get familys to spend money in the acardes...
once we got to the caravan i have to say it was lovely and clean had everything we needed pans,all the cutlery plates etc the only thing that it needed was a heater of some sort in the bedroom at night it was freezing, you would think if you book sept - march they would ensure the caravans they use would have heaters thank god we bought one.
the beach is lovely nice little stretch becareful though the sea comes right in and can trap you, very clean sea and beach though even a little bit where all the birds congregate great for kids to feed them. the park itself has fish ponds and lakes where ids can feed the fish and birds thought that was lovely to see.
we will recommend this park highly and will visit again next year

1  Thank Natalie L
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hi

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It pleased me to see you were happy with our park and your caravan.

Unfortunately, the standard caravans which we allow dogs in do not have heating but we do always have heaters to hire from reception.

I'm glad you will recommend us and i'll look forward to seeing you again next year.

Kind Regards,

Amelia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Absolutely fabulous site and facilities and the theme park across the road defiantly worth a visit. Cleethorpes town also very pretty. Children loved the evening disco. The restaurant on nice was very cheap although we didn't get chance to eat there

1  Thank kayles_l

Hi

I'm pleased you found our site and facilities 'fantastic' and enjoyed your holiday.

I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future

Kind Regards

Amelia

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were at Thorpe Park on a 'Sun' (newspaper) break costing about £20 each for 4 nights, weekdays 16 to 20 Sept 2013.

It was a Bargain!!
The caravan was in excellent condition and spotlessly clean.
The staff were cheerful, friendly and helpful.
The 'Showbar' artistes "Splice Girls" were adequate and "Leslie Ann Shaw" was excellent
The Bar prices were sensible with a pint starting at £3
The Spar prices were typical convenience store, a bit pricey; but not beyond what you'd expect
The park was huge and well kept, with night security and the beach (itself fair) very close at hand
There was a seasonal bus stop on the site and a regular service yards from the front gate

But on the downside and mostly beyond the park's control ......

Cleethorpes had little to offer us. On a 'still in season' mid-week not long after the kids had returned to school, many attractions including Pleasure Island were closed; but businesses have to survive as best they can, don't they and if the trade's not there......

Cleethorpes town itself was small but ok and we found shopkeepers & public in Clee and Grimsby to be cheerful & friendly as often seems to be the way up north
But its not somewhere I'd ever return to and we only just managed to fill our time & not be bored.

And Grimsby, which buts up to Cleethorpes really deserves its name; it is truly GRIM!! I've seen a lot of places in all parts of the UK and it really demonstrates the economic downturn in a way I've only seen once before, with lots of closed businesses and very down at heel feel; but again; friendly people.

The best bit about Cleethorpes was the lady in the Ti office whose job I didn't envy, having so little to work with; recommended a day trip to Louth, one of the few places nearby within a reasonable drive; and that was really nice on market day, as luck would have it; a Wednesday.

I also know from past experience that Hull, a bit of a trek; about 70miles round trip by car the other side of the Humber; is rather nice, in contrast to what I've heard others' say whom perhaps haven't been

...but within the park's control is the bizarre swimming arrangements, with a quite small pool which could well get cramped at peak times (spotless changing rooms) and Flumes which were entirely outside in a small separate pool only open peak times.

If you like to simply 'Laze' and stay within the park then I'd recommend it, but the lack of facilities locally and in the wider area made this a not particularly suitable location for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julian L
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. Its great to hear all staff were cheerful and helpful and you all had a fun time.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thanks

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our little break Monday - Friday. There were three of us, myself, my 2 year old daughter and my Nan. Upon arrival check in was easy and staff very polite, good signage to find the caravan! We were located in Beeches Brooke which was right at the far side so about a 30min walk to the entertainment which to be honest we weren't bothered about as it meant no noise!! Obviously having a 2 year old I wasn't going to be drinking either so opted to drive to the entertainment each night. The caravan was very clean and lovely and big for our needs, tiny tv as stated by others but we weren't on holiday to watch tele!! The entertainment was good although for some reason extremely loud!! Also would have been nice for the 'funstars' to have kept an eye on the behaviour on the dance floor as a few of the children in particular were extremely rough and they seemed to just watch it and ignore it!! My daughter has come home with a number of bruises including one on her cheek from boisterous children pushing her over whilst their oblivious parents sat drinking! A little shout out to ask these parents to remove their children from spoiling other kids fun would have been a good idea! Even when I stood on the dance floor I couldn't stop these children as it is not my place to tell the little bullies off and my daughter is very independent (wouldn't stand with me all the time and neither should she have to!!). There looks to be lots on site but actually there isn't much, the pool is basic, could do with a few more slides/floats etc and it was also freezing!! The outdoor slides were closed which was a disappointment. Where we were there was a spar shop and what looked like it used to be the entertainment place, shame it couldn't have been used still as there was a park etc, there weren't enough play areas for the kids, small soft play which didn't even have a slide :-/ On site food was pretty much all unhealthy junk we had to go to tesco to get a salad!
There were a lot of cigarette ends outside our caravan which was a shame. Would recommend checking if your caravan has heating! We were in a super deluxe and luckily did but if you haven't you're going to freeze!
Overall though we had an ok stay, was magical for my daughter for the first night but as I said too many rough kids and not enough supervision ruined the next couple of nights. Probably wouldn't visit this particular Haven again as not enough to do in the area but was a nice enough 4 days away.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BexandLibby

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank you choosing Thorpe park for your break.
I am so happy to hear you had a fun time and your caravan was clean and tidy.
I have passed on your concerns regarding the boisterous children on the dance floor.

We look forward to seeing you at one of our other parks in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at 22 willows caravan park from 9th-13th September, The caravan was average to be fair, the site was awful, NOTHING for CHILDREN at all, Then when we left the caravan in a tidy state we were told they were deducting £10 off for a broken toilet seat which already was broken in the first place, The owner was rude and I would never again stop there, if they don't like people using the place they should not hire it out. Cleethopres is a DUMP and all they think about is the flowers to make the place look tidy, I think they should be a bit more worried about reviews on here to be fair!

3  Thank Stephen S

Hi
Thank you for your feedback.
I have passed on your comments to the Owners reception so they can monitor the condition of the caravan and make sure it is suitable to let privetly.

Haven do not let caravans older than seven years old, Maybe you would like to try one of our in the future..

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My Husband, 3 year old, 4 month old and I stayed here for a week on 8th September. When we booked the holiday we asked for a caravan close to the entertainment complex and we couldn't have been given one closer. This was a big bonus as other people have commented the park is huge and we wouldn't have liked one at the edge of the park. There was however, a little train that ran during the day around the park picking people up and dropping them off at the entertainment complex .We stayed in a prestige van and it was very nice, clean and in good condition.
We had typical British weather on our holiday but the park provided enough entertainment to keep our little toddler busy. The pool was kept clean and they had a small soft play area beside the pool in the bar area that our child enjoyed. Everything was reasonably priced including the drinks at the bar and food, typical pub prices. I can see it getting expensive though if you have older children as you have to pay for some of the activities.
Our toddler loved the evening entertainment. The staff worked very hard to keep everyone entertained, our only complaint was that it was extremely loud.
We had a couple of nice days and we walked into Cleethorpes, not much there but nice for an afternoon out. There is a theme park next to the camp site which is only open at weekends during sep-nov. If you look online there are normally discount entry vouchers. The theme park was very good, with rides for children and white knuckle rides, bird and sea-lion shows and as it was out of season there were no queues for the rides, very good value for money.We didn't visit them but Cleethorpes also has a light railway, boating lake and an indoor soft play centre.
All staff at Haven were very friendly and helpful.
All in all nice uk break.

2  Thank louise s
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing Thorpe park for you break,
I am happy to hear that you all had a great time and found lots to do. I am pleased to hear that all the staff were helpful and friendly.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Haven site was huge, we were sited right at the end of the park which was around 1/2 hour walk to entertainment area which on an evening was a pain. Site itself has everything you expect of Haven, but unfortunately due to the size of the site the swimming pool/entertainment room are just far too small and cramped. Outdoor area of pub needs a really good clean, lots of sticky patches on tables and chairs and decking is really grotty.
We stayed in a beach styled caravan which to be honest was a waste of money - others in same party as us went for Prestige and their caravans were much bigger and just as nice if not better - ours was quite small and needed some TLC.
Cleethorpes itself is quite basic, its a nice walk down from Haven site past boating lake to pier but I wouldn't recommend going any further, grotty amusements and everything smells of grease.
All in all we did have a good weekend here (party of 25 ranging from 2-60yrs) but I wouldn't be hurrying to go back, been to much nicer Haven sites for far more reasonable prices.

Room Tip: If you've got young children/eldery in your party ask to be sited near complex otherwise be prep...