“Fantastic break !”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic break !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We've just come back from Thorpe Park. We had a lovely time.
We went through the Sun Holidays.

We didn't have young children with us so didn't use the facilities. We did eat and drink there (and watched the big match on a large screen projector) not bad prices and good service.

The caravan was the standard but I thought it was the luxury! We had 3 rooms and a microwave.
The caravan was spotless and all fittings were to a high standard.
The site was lovely and peaceful for us. We were at The Ferns, so quite a way from the entertainment which was fine for us.
The Spa wasn't too dear, it was ok for bread, milk, etc. It would be expensive if you have young children who would want some of the character toys that are for sale.

The site is right next to the beach so great for walks. There is a coastal path, so you could take your bike to cycle up and down.

All the staff we met were friendly and helpful - 10 out of 10

I wouldn't go again to this site, as Cleethorpes is very quiet. It's a lovely old fashioned town and great for small kids. It's much nicer, cleaner and safer than say, Blackpool.
But there isn't a lot to do, once you've seen everything.
But great for families with young kids.

I will definitely go to a Haven site again, but it will be Wales or the Lakes next time.

I did notice something - a strange hum at night, like a machine running somewhere. It stopped at about 5.30am.
I Googled and other people have heard it too! Not sure what it was but it does sound strange.
May be the sea, or some suggest UFOs. Hmmmm!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen j
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hi

I was so happy to hear that you had a lovely time and all our team were helpful and friendly.

We try our best to make sure each guest has a brilliant stay and recieving feedback such as yours really makes it worth while!

I'm not too sure what the 'hum' is that you've heard but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for UFO's!

I'm pleased you wish to reurn to Haven and I hope you have a great time at whichever site you choose to stay on.

Amelia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

in my very own opinion, haven holidays are in it for one thing and one thing only, your money

where do i start...well the entertainment is a bit outdated now, as 4 workers as your nightly, yes 7 nights, entertainment gets very boring after 2/3 days of seeing the same dross dished up night after night, before haven came on the scene, nightly entertainment was a different show each night, they just dont want to spend any money, give the funstar's the basic wage and tell them to entertain you for a week.

when i booked a weeks holiday [ 2 caravans ] for my whole family including 2 disabled people, one on the blind registrar [ with very limited sight ] , i asked for a caravan near to the entertainment complex, as the blind person had impaired vision, and as the place is poorly lit at night this would have been helpfull to him, so guess what, they put us right at the back of the park, and the poor guy had to struggle and ask others to guide him to his caravan, very poor showing haven.

now to the so called prestige caravans...mmmmmm

prestige is meant to be top of the range or there abouts, well both vans where identical, so not 1 but 2 vans where not prestige, they just fob you off with anything, they dont care, they have your money, and have a take it or leave attitude.

sell up haven and bring back british holidays, as they know how to treat there guests

and to mr guest services....tell me your own opinion,and not this claptrap that you reply to most if not all bad reviews,

all haven sites are going down the pan on a fast flush, time you tried to save it before it's to late

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alec M
Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

We do want all of our guests to enjoy their holidays but unfortunately we cannot please everybody. The majority of our reviews are positive and I'm very sorry that you were unhappy with our entertainment, prices and the accommodation.

We will always try to resolve any issues on site and would have been happy to look at alternative caravans for you.

I wish you all the best for your future holidays.

Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Caravan lovely checkin went smoothly allowed in before my time didnt use any of the facilities as being a couple of pensioners didnt need to
One big gripe i did have though as i said we are pensioners without a car and the walk from our caravan then down the long drive to the nearest bus stop by Pleasure Island so all in all a good half hour walk for a couple of non fitties
We had to pay out for taxis most days which added up to a very expensive holiday
This info should be made available in the brochure and web site for non car owners
I shall return to another Haven site but not Thorpe Park way too big for me

Room Tip: Ask for caravan near complex if you have no car
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank catsmum1951
Hi

I'm happy that your check in went smoothly and you were able to get into your caravan early.

I'm pleased that you will return to another Haven site and would recommend contacting the site before your stay to inform them if you aren't driving. I understand we are a very large park and we will always try our best to accommodate any special requests such as location.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just returned from thorpe park today with my wife and 3 kids and i must say it was fantastic the weather was spot on all week the park had plenty to do with a small cost but nothing too expensive. The pool was always warm and clean so were the changing rooms. Only things i can moan about is the caravan could have been cleaned a tad better was slightly dirty on arrival but it didnt put us off we stayed in redwood retreat 16 the caravan was stunning only down side its aprox 1 mile from show bar so if you get located down here be prepaired to walk as the bus train dosent run after certain hours and only on certain days. And the only other thing i can moan about is wed night wanted to order food at 830pm only to be informed tge had stop serving food at 8pm but on the aqua bar entrance it stated 9pm on a sign. But overall the holiday was great we will be returning next year without a doubt

• Stayed September 2013
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi,

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay and that you'll be returning next year.

We are a very large park and so you may be allocated a caravan further away, however if you wish to stay closer to the facilities we will always try and arrange this for you.

During off peak and quieter periods the Cafe Bar does not open as late, although Cooks, Burger King and Papa John's are always open later.

Should you have any issues in the future please let us know straight away so we can rectify them immediately and you can fully enjoy your holiday.

We look forard to welcoming you back next year.

sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Booked a weekend in September back in February as part of The Sun's holiday promotion. Upgraded to a luxury caravan, and I must say I was very impressed when we arrived - it was spotless with a large fridge/freezer and had central heating. The beds were comfy, and the caravan was well kitted out (wine glasses etc.). We were near a small lake which was beautiful, and the on site entertainment bars seemed fine (as long as you don't expect fine real ales or good wine). The actual entertainment was a bit ropey (and very loud), but our little ones seemed to enjoy it, and that's really all that matters. The nearby Pleasure Island was great and had a 2-4-1 offer during September, so a very good day was spent there. Cleethorpes itself is ok, about on a par with Mablethorpe but not as much to do as Skegness/Bridlington etc. Maybe it was because the weather was so good, but we had a great weekend at Thorpe Park with our kids aged 1, 5 & 13. I'd definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
keyingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

As a regular visitor to haven holiday parks with my touring caravan I expected the usual high standards on this park, however, the toilet/shower facilities were dirty and a breeding ground for germs the toilets were regularly found to be unflushed because the refilling system was poor, they were very smelly and poorly cleaned, a cleaner left one morning yet toilet bowls were still filthy. Also there was an issue with street lighting around the park and in particular heading towards the entertainment centre along the main entrance road, visibility was extremely poor and in my opinion dangerous many of the street lights were not working, I addressed this with security and was told it had been reported by them but the management had deemed that there were too many trees in the way to change many of the bulbs, surely safety is more important and from what I could see this was clearly an excuse. The park facilities were standard for a haven park, with the usual child based expensive entertainment. The only plus point is location for Cleethorpes and as base.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Watton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Booked holiday through sun newspaper offer and extended to 1 week (16th - 23rd sept 2013)

On arrival we were allocated a caravan a fair way from the entertainment a lovely and helpful lady on reception who was checking us in noticed my wife has walking difficulties and instantly set about moving us instead we were allocated 110 meadowfield. Sadly I didn't get the receptionists name but she was great.

The caravan was lovely and had everything you need having stayed at 3 Haven parks the basic setup and equipment is the same and has everything you need. This caravan however is one of the best I've stayed in.

The park is huge and near the beach, we walked up to here a couple of times, sadly the weather was too cold for the beach but would be lovely in the summer.

On site facilities include a spar shop which is reasonably stocked and not much more expensive than my local spar. In the entertainment you have a choice of eating facilities that include a bar/restaurant, a Burger King, fish and chip shop and papa johns pizza. At some point we used all of these although more expensive than the high street they were all reasonable enough for a holiday park and the food was very nice especially the main restaurant. There are also many restaurants within a mile of the park including a lovely and very reasonable priced carvery.

The swimming pool is a reasonable size and does have an area at the top end for only confident swimmers without those with young kids getting in the way so it caters for all. As an added bonus it was warm at the weekend and therefore the slide and space bowl were opened up.

Inside the entertainment area there is also a well equipped arcade and a show bar for nightly entertainment that is worth attending at least once.

We had 2 problems with the caravan, our electric went off one morning and someone was out to us within 5 minutes, top service. We also noticed in the day time that the outside light was not working I stated this was not urgent but they fixed this while we were out for an hour.

The only downsides to the park were 1. We phoned papa johns for pizza and it said they took card payment on the leaflet given to us on checkin but they said they didn't take cards and did not have a machine, when we passed the counter later on there was a card device next to the till!
2. The entertainment act on Sunday night was identical to one in midweek, right down to the last song and dance. In a 2 week period I could accept this but not in the same week, for this they only get a 4 from me rather than 5.

We enjoyed our stay here and will hopefully return in the future.

A question for haven management if you read this, Why do you dress your entertainment staff to look like they are in an episode of hi-de-hi?!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DaveWNorfolk
Hi

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that the receptionist and maintenance team were helpful.

It was also nice to see that the caravan was one of the best you've stayed in and you got to enjoy our outdoor slides and on site facilities.

I'm sorry about the mix up with the card machine at Papa John's. I've passed on your comments to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future.

All of our entertainment shows are shown twice a week in our off peak season and I apologise if you found this disappointing.

The funstar's uniform is meant to be a modern spin on a retro classic and it definitely gets the team noticed!

Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again in the future!

Amelia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!