“Lovely Weekend Break”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 3 nights from the 27th September. We booked this break through The Sun newspaper and all in total cost just over £100. Upon arrival check in was fast and helpful. We actually got to check in 30 mins earlier than we should have. We was given the caravan 40 willow park which was a ten minute walk or so from reception. The caravan was standard, not very clean and very small I thought. The tv was great worked well and the fire was lovely and warm. The downside was that there was no heating so at night it was freezing. The bed sheets and duvet where old and tangled not very comfy to sleep with. The shower was also very small and the water wasn't great, the tap water was hotter than the shower which was a disappointment. Besides the faults with the caravan the park was beautiful. Kept well clean and had lots to do. We played pitch and putt which was fun and reasonably priced as well as Adventure golf which is ok for the younger children. The park has everything situated within walking distance but it's nice to get the train round now and again. The staff weren't so pleasant but we didn't let that bother us. Although we had a great time we spent a lot of money as it is very expensive. In total we spent around £400 including bookings and transfers. Enjoyed our experience here but in no rush to come back. Maybe one day when we have children of our own.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AbbeyJH
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Hi

Its great to hear that you had a lovely weekend break. I have passed on your comments regarding your accommodation,

We hope to see you again in the future with your own little family..

Kind regards

Julie

There are newer reviews for Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was not overly impressed with this site, it does have some great points but personally I have found other sites better.
The whole park is lovely and they have some nice scenery around the park, we fed the ducks, geese and swans and was not impressed with the beech, it lookes ok but not really but not really a beech to dig and make sandcastles, we found it a bit mucky, it may have been because it was close to the river mouth but I am not sure. There was not a great deal to do near the park, we always like to go off and explore but not much out there.
The park has a good concept with the pool by having an area where it is just able swimmers allowed so you can actually swim and not have to worry about kids in the way and stuff, which me and my husband like to do, we each took turns watching the kids while we both had a nice swim, the first couple of days we went the pool was warm but the 3rd day it was freezing and my youngest son (5 months) ended up with a terrible cold from it as he was shivering while in the pool, so I did not end up taking him in again, the outdoor area was not open even though the weather was nice but on the friday when we were set to leave my husband went swimming with my eldest son and they were cleaning the outdoor area ready for opening it for the weekend and the pool was like having a hot bath, I think this is ridiculous that they should heat the pool and open the lazy river and splashzone just because it was a weekend and they would be busier, totally discriminating against those of us who like the Mon - Fri holidays!
We were on the outskirst of the park to the left and did have to put up with people riding quad bikes up and down the hills next to the park, which is a bit annoying when you are trying to relax and get the kids to sleep.
The amusements were good and had plenty to do, we do not do the entertainments as my eldest son does not like the characters, the size of them frightens him, so can not comment on those.
All in all a nice site but prefer others.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank littlewadie

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that overall you all had a nice time. I was sorry to hear of the noise desturbance from quad bikes on the hills.
It is ashame that your oldest son feels frightend of the charactors, I hope one day he will grow to love them.

I hope you return to Haven for your future holidays.

Kind regards

Julie

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Have just come back from a long weekend at Haven Thorpe Park with my husband and 2 year old boy and we all loved every second. We booked it through the sun holiday deal and it cost roughly £60 for the trip, bargain! We chose not to pay extra to upgrade our caravan and we're glad we didn't as it was lovely, not far from all the amenities, very clean and had heating in all the rooms which it stated standard caravans don't have. We were very lucky and had lovely weather all weekend but there was plenty to do on the park even if the weather had of been rubbish. I noticed some bad reviews before we went but I really couldn't find anything to complain about and we will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I chose this holiday park due to its reviews on here, luckily we were not disappointed :) it was very clean, the caravan was new, the swimming staff were excellent all round, the only downside was the organised activities, some were great and others seemed unorganised and like the staff didn't want to be there. Such a nice park to walk round and feed the ducks if you want a relaxing break :)) they remember where they get food and cane to our caravan every morning, or own alarm :)) overall great holiday.

• Stayed: October 2013
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you had a great holiday and the swimming staff were excellent. It's also nice to hear that you've enjoyed feeding the ducks on our park.

I've spoken to the Sports and Leisure Manager regarding the organised activities and I apologise if this affected your stay.

I hope you choose Haven for your holidays again in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Were a family of five which had a long weekend at thorpe park onsite facilities were great for all ages even though we had arrived back end of season plenty to do and see.staff were all helpfull and friendly site was spotless what more can one say go and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: September 2013
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Hi

I was pleased to hear that you found our site spotless, there was plenty to do and the staff were friendly and helpful.

I hope you will consider us again for a future holiday.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We just come back from Thorpe park. Booked through Sun holidays but upgraded to Superior Caravan through the park. We received a phone call days before we arrived letting us know we could come down to the park anytime from 10am which I was pleased with as we were previously told check in was 4pm!! We arrived about 1:30pm check in was fast and smooth and took only few minutes. Our caravan was seconds away by car we were based on Park Avenue. Which was ideal having a 2 year old everything was a stone throw away. The caravan was immaculate nice clean and tidy. My only complaint was the room stunk very strong of smoke. The previous guest had been heavily smoking in the caravan and all the furnishings smelt really strong I wasn't too pleased my chest tightened up and couldn't stop coughing I had to keep all windows and front door open for hours to try and remove smell. The rooms in the caravan are small and we did have an issue with my 6ft tall husband laying in the bed he had to make up a bed in the lounge area just for space. We did later on speak to someone on reception ((a man - didn't get name)) who didn't apologise for smell just said come back tomorrow and speak to one of the girls they'll send a cleaner to spray something that smells nice to remove smell. He didn't seem too bothered just fobbed us off! Was pleased that lots of tots activities were FREE my daughter was able to attend arts and crafts and swimming classes and story time and other activities with toddlers her age and didn't have to spend any extra cash. The evening entertainment she could run around and dance and tire herself out. drinks and restaurants were reasonably priced not much different to home. We ate at burger king, fish&chip shop and papa johns and main restauramt food was all nice. Fish and chips are much better at the Cleethorpes beach front on pier I found. Much fresher. Spa shop was ok they have a fresh bakery so was able to buy fresh crossaints every morning we bought some chicken stock and found was out of date by 2 months when got back to caravan. We went to take it back and staff gave alot of attitude and Almost refused a refund, manager had to be called she gave a refund but also gave alot of attitude and said why do u think it was cheap cos its out of date. Rude. The pool was clean and warm and beach was lovely and closeby to haven took some nice walks. Cleethorpes was very quiet not much to do its a 45min walk from site but u can catch buses into town but weather was nice so enjoyed the stroll. A lot of places closed as not in season. Would return but probably to another site.

Room Tip: Ring and ask prices for upgrade! We paid £20 extra and got a massive superior caravan with lots of a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mommy_M1985

Hi

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased that you had a fast and smooth check in and you had an immaculate caravan close to the facilities.

As a family park we aim to cater for children of all ages and I'm happy that your daughter enjoyed lots of our free activities and entertainment.

I'm really sorry that your caravan smelled of smoke. Our vans are all non smoking but unfortunately some guests will break the rules.

I have spoken to our reception and Spa team regarding the service you recieved and I apologise if this affected your holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Haven at one of our other sites.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We've just come back from Thorpe Park. We had a lovely time.
We went through the Sun Holidays.

We didn't have young children with us so didn't use the facilities. We did eat and drink there (and watched the big match on a large screen projector) not bad prices and good service.

The caravan was the standard but I thought it was the luxury! We had 3 rooms and a microwave.
The caravan was spotless and all fittings were to a high standard.
The site was lovely and peaceful for us. We were at The Ferns, so quite a way from the entertainment which was fine for us.
The Spa wasn't too dear, it was ok for bread, milk, etc. It would be expensive if you have young children who would want some of the character toys that are for sale.

The site is right next to the beach so great for walks. There is a coastal path, so you could take your bike to cycle up and down.

All the staff we met were friendly and helpful - 10 out of 10

I wouldn't go again to this site, as Cleethorpes is very quiet. It's a lovely old fashioned town and great for small kids. It's much nicer, cleaner and safer than say, Blackpool.
But there isn't a lot to do, once you've seen everything.
But great for families with young kids.

I will definitely go to a Haven site again, but it will be Wales or the Lakes next time.

I did notice something - a strange hum at night, like a machine running somewhere. It stopped at about 5.30am.
I Googled and other people have heard it too! Not sure what it was but it does sound strange.
May be the sea, or some suggest UFOs. Hmmmm!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen j

Hi

I was so happy to hear that you had a lovely time and all our team were helpful and friendly.

We try our best to make sure each guest has a brilliant stay and recieving feedback such as yours really makes it worth while!

I'm not too sure what the 'hum' is that you've heard but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for UFO's!

I'm pleased you wish to reurn to Haven and I hope you have a great time at whichever site you choose to stay on.

Amelia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant
#1 of 10 in Grimsby
No photo provided
Claydens
#3 of 6 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!