“Avoid like the plague!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Where do I start!!! I have never left a review on TripAdvisor but feel so strongly about our stay I had to. This is the worst Haven site we have ever stayed at, NEVER AGAIN would we stay at this site!! We have previously stayed at Hafan y mor on a number of occasions, Devon cliffs and Perran sands (so much choice for families at these parks) so expected the same standard at other Haven parks. My were we WRONG!!! We have just returned from a three night stay and if it wasn't for the kids we would have packed up the car and drove back on the first night!! Safety is a big issue at this park, not enough footpaths and hardly any lighting around the park especially on the way to the entertainment (if that's what you can call it). Our two boys are into sport, football especially but were very dissapointed with the ONE concrete football pitch (no astro turf at this park and no basketball) when we got to the football enclosure on the first night it was 6.45 so it was dark. We noticed the floodlights were not turned on so asked security in the entertainment complex if these could be turned on, he went to ask then returned and informed us they were NEVER lit at night (what is the point in having floodlights if they are not in use?) he directed us to reception to assist us with our enquiry for further clarification. We went to reception and asked the same question but were told the same answer. HAVEN you have got this park all wrong!!! If this was my first holiday park with HAVEN I would be put off for life. The park, staff and entertainment are a joke. AVOID THIS PARK!!!!!

4  Thank Jane A
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Jane A

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your feelings around our facilities. I have passed on your feedback to our sports and leisure manager and have informed me that our football pitches are due to be refurbished in the future. We are always looking at improving our park and appreciate your feedback.
I apologise that these aspects affected your stay with us; however I am pleased to inform you that we are refurbishing our basketball court at the moment. It saddens me to read your review as we want our guests to be happy. I hope that this experience will not stop you from returning to us in the future as I am sure we will be able to restore your faith in our park on your return.

Jessica Dale

Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Been to a few havens and this a nice clean tidy and good site. Usual entertainment never disappointed the little ones. Food and drink as to be expected and facilities where all there. Had a couple of issues in our van but this was sorted out, and our van was clean modern and had everything we need.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Peter N

I really appreciate your review, I’m sorry to hear you had some issues in your van but I am pleased that these were sorted out. I’m glad you found our site to be good, clean and tidy. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

After staying for our third consecutive weekend at our caravan at Thorpe Park, it was also the third time that we had broken night's sleep due to a group of youths who seem to arrive in the early hours to meet people at another caravan. These individuals create a disturbance due to noisy behaviour and foul language. The security team seem to be incapable of dealing with the situation and this week-end another caravan owner intervened verbally with them. If this continues it will escalate at some stage with an occupier and this could turn nasty, the police could get involved, and this would not be good for the reputation of Thorpe Park. The individuals in question appear to gain access through the pedestrian gate that should be locked between 10pm and 6am. The locking of this gate is inadequate as the gate can be opened easily by releasing a top bolt, security use this method to open and close it. To be honest they don't even need to use the gate due to the numerous holes in the hedging close by.

It has to be said that at this stage we do not feel secure or safe at the park during hours of darkness, which is a great shame. We do appreciate that this is a holiday park and therefore expect a degree of noise due to the coming and going of residents but this is sustained over a period of time in one location.

We would happily review our overall rating should these issues be addressed and would leave much more positive feedback.

1  Thank VR46Campers

Dear VR46Campers

Thank you for your review. Upon reading it, it seems like you may be an owner on our site?
If you are an owner please can you contact me so that I can pass your details on to our owners team. That way we would be able to deal with your concerns. I would be happy to arrange this for you, if you would like to call me on 01472 813395.

I have passed on your review to the owner’s team and hope that we can rectify this for you upon contacting me.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just returned from a 4night stay here, staff helpful and friendly, site nice and clean, caravan was really nice and clean felt like it was quite new, didn't use the facilities as didn't have small children with me but they looked fine, would definitely recommend it and will return in the future

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear helenmarv

Thank you for your review. I’m so pleased that the staff were helpful and friendly, our teams work hard to achieve a high level of service and keep the site well maintained. I am glad that you will be returning in the future, you are welcome to give me a call anytime for a quote; hopefully next time you will get a chance to use the facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was our first holiday on a Haven site. We stayed for a weekend 21 March with our 20 month old son and our dog. We arrived 40 minutes early to the warmest welcome we've ever experienced and told that we could check in to our caravan. The accommodation was faultless and having a toddler we are cautious of cleanliness but it was spotless. Our caravan was Standard Plus which could not be upgraded due to having our dog with us. However there were wall heaters in every room which was a pleasant surprise. The site itself was very well maintained, lots of accesses to different parts of the beach, and a direct walk to Cleethorpes on a path at the side of the beach. We can't comment on the entertainment/main complex as we didn't use it having our dog with us. I would strongly recommend this site to anyone and will definitely book again for a long weekend/short break.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank SarahShaunThomas
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear SarahShaunThomas

I am thrilled to hear that your first holiday with Haven was good and that you will definitely book again. I am so pleased that you arrived to the warmest welcome and that accommodation was faultless, I have passed on your review to our housekeeping and reception team who will be as delighted as me. Hopefully if you return to us in the near future you will get a chance to check out our entertainment and main complex, please don’t hesitate to call me for a quote.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in our own caravan on a Haven site. On arrival swift friendly check in and told to take our pick of empty pitches. We were on a Euro hard standing close to the one of the 3 shower blocks. A £10 deposit secures a key to the shower blocks which are kept clean and tidy at all times. True to the brochure we were a 5 minute walk from the amenities and swimming pool. We used the pool once quite early in the day and tried to shower before entering the pool but showers were all freezing, thankfully by the time we had finished our swim they had warmed up. If you want a great carvery The Trawlerman Pub just outside the main gate is fantastic value for money at £3.99 they also do breakfast at the weekend.
Think that during peak season 3 shower blocks will be extremely busy with queues so maybe though should be given to another one being built. On the whole a fab break.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr_PeterSunderland

Thank you for your review and for informing potential guests what they can expect if they holiday with us. I am pleased that you had a fab break and that it is true to the brochure. The Trawlerman Pub is a favourite and I agree they do a great carvery. We always try to improve our facilities and appreciate your feedback about the shower blocks, so far we have been able to cope during peak season and the touring team are always conscious about keeping the shower blocks well maintained during busy periods. I have passed your review onto our touring team and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

What a great place, clean, customer service 100% in fact the staff cannot do enough for you. All the facilities have something for everyone. I have never had a holiday in a static caravan before & I will certainly do it again & return to Thorpe park.

1  Thank HOTELGYPSY

Dear HOTELGYPSY

Your review was splendid to read; it’s always great to hear compliments about our team. Your pictures are great and I appreciate you sharing them on Tripadvisor. Although this was your first time in a static caravan I am pleased to read that it will not be your last. If you are considering returning to us in the future please don’t hesitate to call me for a quote.

Jessica Dale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
1 mi away
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#4 of 7 in Cleethorpes
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!