“Amazing!😄”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cleethorpes
“Amazing!😄”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Thorpe Haven Holiday Park is great fun for all the family! While the grown-ups have their drinks the children can take part in lots of activities such as water walkers, climbing frames and crazy golf. On the nights, their is also entertainment on in the show bar with the fun stars and bingo aswell. I think this holiday site is really good as I have been here before and we came back! Defiantly would recommend to people who want to go.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Millie S

It was lovely to read your review. I am pleased that you found us to be great fun for all the family and that you have been to us before and have come back again; I hope this will not be your last and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Lincoln
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The security of Thorpe Park seems to be a theme at the moment. I would like to address an issue which occurred a few weeks ago. My partner and me where in the owner’s lounge during a relatively quiet period and a holiday maker decided they would deposit their cigarette end in to the cigarette astray bin outside the door still alight. Unsurprisingly this led to the inevitable, the bin billowed large plumes of smoke and when finally rousing the member of staff, who had fallen into a slumber, decided to try to extinguish the flames with lashings of water from the kitchen kettle. When asked as to why they had not used the extinguishers provided the response was ‘I don’t know how to use one of them’. This person works as one of your kitchen staff!!! Faux pas, to say the least!! Secondly, ‘ONWERS ONLY’, what sort of joke is that? By our estimation, there are over 2000 owner’s (as told to us by one of your staff), each with the ability to give away another 10 pass’s that equates to 24,000 (yes I’m expecting the ‘diversity factor‘ thrown back in my face), but you are unable to cope with the demand. This site is not run for owners, as you so readily profess, purely for your own gain. If that is the case, train your staff otherwise more tragedies will not be far behind.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bru70

Thank you for your review, it saddens me to read this.
It seems like you are an owner on our site?
I have passed on your feedback to our owner’s team; you are welcome to contact me with your details so I can address these concerns for you. Please call me on 01472 813395 so I can pass on your details.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just got back from a 3 night break here we've had a lovely time. Check in simple, caravan was beautiful. Enjoyed the entertainment and we paid for the kids to do some extra activities this time. My eldest did the zip wire and pool party and my youngest did the mini archery all 3 for £10 which I thought was very good. We had a meal in the restaurant which we really enjoyed. Staff were great with the kids. We went off camp to visit Please island theme park and the magical castle which is like a wacky warehouse. All within 5 minutes of the park so it's location is great. Only downside is that the park's alot bigger than the others we've been to and its very easy to get lost & we had quite a walk to the main complex but this wouldn't stop us from returning.

• Stayed April 2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear SammyD28

I am glad that you have had a lovely time at our park and that your caravan was beautiful. I hope that your children enjoyed the extra activities. Thank you for your review and informing potential guests of our parks great location and your holiday experience with us. It was a pleasure to read your review and I hope you will return to us again soon. If you do please don’t hesitate to contact me for a quote.

Hull, East Yorkshire
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Love this site! The caravan we stayed in (deluxe Plus) was lovely clean spacious and in a great area on the park. The complex is good especially for children only thing is that it is a little overpriced. A good enjoyable holiday! Would recommended and definitely would return without a doubt.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Jenni W

I am delighted to hear your caravan was lovely, clean and spacious and had a good enjoyable holiday. It is always a joy to hear our guests have had a good, enjoyable holiday and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

oldham manchester
Reviewed 14 April 2014

we stayed at thorpe park last may for the weekend for mine and my brother in law 40th birthday there was 29 of us in 5 caravans , i phoned up the park a few days before to check that we was allocated as near to one another as possible but we wasnt due to having 5 deluxe plus so had to upgrade 3 caravans at a cost of £20 each so we could be close to one another . when we arrived checked in and was told where to find our caravans found them very easy however when i went to check everyones caravans were ok my mums which was a deluxe plus very nice but wasnt even cleaned and everything left out from the previous people even though we was told at check in they were already so phoned reception and was asked to give them a hr to sort it , then next was my sisters which was also apprently a deluxe plus never seen rips in the sofa and generally scruffy compared to my mums so if you get 15 waterside request a move however she said its only for the weekend and would live with it. apart from the couple of issues we had a really good weekend clubhouse is good plenty for you to do we visited a pub over the
road called the trawlerman which is really nice i emailed them a few wks before we went due to there being so many of us. overall we had a really good weekend and we have just booked to go again in oct for my husbands 40th and hopefully no issues this time

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear mrsgOldhamManchester

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had a really good weekend. I am sorry that you encountered some issues last may, but I am thrilled to hear that you are returning to us again this October. I would be happy to make sure that your accommodation is to your satisfaction before arrival if you would like to call me with your holiday details.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

dreadfull,never again,complete rubbish, activities were not advertised,caravan falling apart and the reception staff did not know anything about the site. what more does anybody need to know. one to avoid.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear alex n

It saddens me to read your review. I apologise unreservedly that you feel your holiday with us fell short to your expectations. We do ask that if a problem arises in your caravan to let us know at reception so that we can report the issue and rectify it for you, so you can go on enjoying your holiday. Our entire team has extensive training to ensure our guests receive all the information that is required; I’m very sorry that you felt this was not the case. I have passed on your feedback to our Sports and Leisure Manager to review how well our activities are advertised. Please accept my apologies; we are always available and willing to help if a guest is not satisfied.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We booked this park as it's close to visit family but gives the kids a 'holiday' too. We booked early and got a fantastic deal (with prebooked good weather!) but we knew it was a budget holiday and did not expect luxury!
We have stayed in a few parks like this and I have to say that the staff at this park are the friendliest and most welcoming we have come across at Haven!
We stayed in a deluxe and were placed on Park Avenue a short walk from the entertainment area but far enough away not to be bothered by the noise. Down point were the 'boy racers' that seemed to have access to the park in the evenings and as we were near the road we experienced a fair bit of noise from them! The caravan was fine, big enough for me, hubby and a 10 and 7 year old. However there were some kitchen items reaching the end of their life and the tv was only picking up 5 channels but we did not see the need to complain and coped without it! Whether this would have been the case in bad weather I can't say!
I agree with some comments about the complex needing updating, some toilets and changing rooms have faulty locks, three taps in the ladies do not work but seriously this was not going to ruin our budget holiday. And I'm sure as the season picks up the maintenance programme will too. The evening entertainment was as expected and our daughter loved it, the staff in the evening and in the pool area were great, special shout out to the boys in the pool who were good sports with all the kids and great fun! Oh and the girls in the pottery painting and sand art place where my daughter spent an enjoyable time making a great picture.
Yes there was a tragedy at the park while we were there, we were not at the park at the time and only heard about it a few days later, but from what I have read the staff did all they could. To suggest this park is unsafe in comparison to others is unfair and cannot be justified unless it's a common occurrence which thankfully it is not. It must have been very traumatic for those involved and who witnessed it. But I do not believe the park should be disregarded and seen as 'unsafe'.
All in all we really enjoyed our time here with only a few gripes, if those maintenance issues were fixed then I would give it a 5.......oh and also to make sure your shops are well stocked, the lack of the Anxious cuddly toy caused much upset and the staff, whilst very apologetic, could not answer why these were not delivered in time for holiday season!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Loftsy21

Thank you for your kind review. It was a delight to read that our team were the friendliest and most welcome and that the team in the evening and pool area were great too, I have passed on your special shout to the boys in the pool and girls doing the pottery painting. I appreciate your feedback and have passed on your comments regarding any maintenance work needed in the facilities. Without your feedback we are unable to make valuable changes. I am pleased that you were happy with the location of your caravan. Thank you for your feedback about the cars on the main road that runs through our site, with this information our security team can keep an eye on the situation.

Thank you very much for your comments, our team goes through extensive training to make sure they are full trained in basic first aid and that the health and safety of our guests is of paramount importance.

I hope that you will consider returning to us again and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 8 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!