“decent holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
“decent holiday”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

lovely park
outside pool wasn't open even though lovely weather
mash and barrel staff didn't listen and messed order up on more than once
the activity staff were fantastic and lots of activities for all ages
very clean park
caravan was clean and tidy
would go again
only downfall was the complex entrance only one way in and all the other ways were fenced off need to be more open to make access easier for all areas of the park and the gates weren't ideal for a pram let alone a wheelchair

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Rio M

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you thought our park was lovely and that the activity team was fantastic. I am sorry that the outside pool and lazy river was not open this is due to the weather, which was too cold at the time. I hope it didn’t affect your holiday with us. I appreciate your feedback and I hope you will consider returning to us again in the future where you will be even more impressed.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I went hear with 3 adults and 2 kids (age 9 and 8) from monday to friday, the price of the holliday wqs good and it was easy to find the site, we all haqd a great time and will return soon, the only problem was my caravan was
On the whole i would highly recomend going hear as my kids had a amazing time and both didnt want to leave and are aready asking to go back, only been home for 2 hours

Room Tip: request a caraqvan near the main complex
Dear claireharrison1980

I am delighted to hear that you all had an amazing time and that your children are already asking to come back again. I am sorry that you had a problem with your caravan; if you do return to us again soon I would be happy to personally supervise your booking to make sure your caravan is to your satisfaction. You are welcome to give me a call on 01472 813395 with your reference number.

Lancashire
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived at the park on Bank Holiday Friday and left on Tuesday. There was 5 adults and a 4 year old. We came to this park 3 times last year because the little one really enjoys herself. This time we stayed in a 3 bedded prestige caravan near the complex. The caravan was lovely and clean as we would expect from a prestige. The only issue was no plug for the sink in the kitchen to wash any dishes. The park itself its lovely and well maintained and looked after. Our issues basically are with the entertainment and facilities which appear to have gone downhill slightly. Last year 2013 the entertainment staff were brilliant, they all gave 110% all the time, they integrated with all the kids all the time and were very professional. The live act they had last year was fantastic especially a band called ream (I think) but the clockwork show was dreadful. This year we have seen a difference already. On first impressions the entertainment staff do need taking to hand. I don't think it is appropriate for the funstars to drink during shows even though it was adult time, it is a family park and children are still around. To me this encourages some children to think it is ok to down 4 half pints in one. Further, they all seem to mess around with each other, especially the night of the shaving foam where they were throwing it around and then threw it at the kids on the dance floor. Now I am no party pooper but shaving foam on a dance floor and possibly in some poor kids eye is asking for trouble. There was 2 shows put on by the entertainment staff which was ok, but for an hour each time it got a little too much. The high pitch singing from the young lady was a little too much after awhile. Having said all that they all seemed a good bunch of youngsters messing around aside. Although one of the girls needs to lighten up a little, she seemed miserable all the time. I would prefer to see some more professional shows as last year, bring back ream on a regular basis they were brilliant. All this aside we are coming back in July for a week again. I do hope some things are a little better than this time, but will still have a good time

Room Tip: Stayed in prestige and delux plus both are good, avoid standard plus the last time we had one of tho...
1 Thank andreaLancashire
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear andreaLancashire

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found your caravan and our park to be lovely and well maintained. I am sorry to read of your disappointment with our entertainment, all our Funstars are new this year; however, I have passed on your comments to the Entertainment Manager. I am thrilled that you are coming back in July and I hope you will have a good time again, if not better.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

stayed for 4 nights in a 3 bed caravan having only expected a standard 2 bed. Caravans well located with of plenty of room for kids to run a round. Caravan was well equipped and clean. Couldn't fault it. Pool was ok, a bit too busy, might benefit from a timed system. Didn't use club, avoided arcades!

• Stayed April 2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear marklesterbarrett

Thank you for your review. It’s such a delight to know that your caravan was well located with plenty of room for the kids to run around. I appreciate your feedback and have passed on your comments regarding a timed system to our sports and leisure manager as a suggestion. I hope that you will consider returning to us again hopefully during a less busy time so you can enjoy the pool more.

Sheffield
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good Points
1. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. They advised us that our allocated caravan was in a quiet area but was a half an hours walk from the centre. Given we were there with grandchildren of 2 and 5 years old we said this wasn't ideal so they re-arranged the booking and allocated one that was still a decent walk but very pleasant, clean and larger than the one we had booked. The only negative was that it initially smelt of cigarettes until we had sprayed it. As the smell immediately disappeared we assume the smell had been created by the cleaners.
2. The site seemed generally very clean and well maintained.
3. The site has immediate access to a flat cycle and footpath that runs for 2 miles past a great boating lake and a miniature train that goes all the way into Cleethorpes. The path is great for kids to ride on their scooters and bikes without fear of traffic.

Disappointing points.
1. There are few footpaths on the site so the roadways are shared by pedestrians and motorists. Unfortunately many motorists, including staff, seem to regard the 10 mph speed limit as something to do with everybody else. Given the amount of kids shooting around on bikes and scooters it looks like an accident waiting to happen.
2. the soft play area was very small and had a notice up saying it was restricted to children below a certain height (not age), though we couldn't see a sign saying what the height restriction was; and the children had to be supervised by parents. For the most part the area was overrun by children way too old for the facility with no evidence of parents. We were actually quite impressed by how our grandkids coped with being accidentally kicked in the stomach, trampled over and push down the slide - but again an accident waiting to happen through irresponsible parents.
3. The claimed activities etc for the little ones seemed to at best limited. The outside mini roundabouts seemed permanently closed. When we asked if the kids could use them the activity staff said it was too late at 5 o'clock. The main activity seemed to be the mini disco at 6 o'clock, unfortunately our 2 have been brought up to go to bed at 7 so it was too late for them. Whilst We appreciate 7 o'clock is not too late for many little ones, starting the little ones talent show final at 9 o'clock at night seems incredible.
4. The 2 haven sites we have now visited have both advertised the miles of great golden sand. I wouldn't expect them talk about the small amount of sand adjoining wasteland and mudflats, but don't claim it's something it's not.

Dear Uppermilden

I would like to thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you found our reception team to be very helpful and friendly and that they managed to get you re-allocated closer to the complex, if any guest is not happy with their accommodation we will do all that we can do rectify this for you. I apologise that your caravan smelt of smoke, although we do ask guests not to smoke in the vans this is very difficult to enforce. We will always send members of our housekeeping team to resolve any lapse in service our guests feel have been missed.

I appreciate your feedback as we can then assess areas of our park that need attention and or improving.

I am glad that you found our park to be very clean and well maintained and I hope that you will consider returning to us again in the future, you are more than welcome to call me for a quote.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I read the reviews on trip advisor prior to setting off to Thorpe Park Haven in Cleethorpes to get a flavour of the park before we got there. I took my 3 kids there for a short last minute break this week and was pleasantly surprised. The staff (all of them) were really friendly and helpful, checking in was easy and straight forward and the location of the caravan was fantastic, close enough to walk to the facilities but far away enough to not hear any noise.

The main reason for writing this review was partly in response to the other reviews (which I found quite negative) in terms of discussing how the park needed up dating and the safety of the park area was questionable. If you're going on a caravan holiday then you expect to get the facilities associated with going on a caravan holiday!!! The caravan was clean, spacious and met all our needs adequately. In terms of the park area for the kids then any park area is safe enough if parents adequately supervised their children!! I have a 12, 10 and a 6 year old who all thoroughly enjoyed the park area and played there for hours but were appropriately supervised and to be honest it may come as a shock but I actually enjoy spending time with my kids and playing. Unfortunately many parents don't (on observation while I was there) and leave their children unsupervised which in terms of common sense are just asking for their offspring to have a bump!

We booked on most of the activities such as climbing wall, leap of faith etc..... and all the activity staff were knowledgeable, good understanding of health and safety and were actually fun to be around. The kids have asked to come back in August, and to be honest I would too. The only area of improvement I would feel needs to be addressed was the toilets in the bar area . . . .very smelly! Apart from that good value for money, fun and happy memories and a very friendly safe environment.
Great break with the kids

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear anna f

I really enjoyed reading your review and thank you for sharing your holiday experience. I am pleased to read that your caravan was clean, spacious and met all your needs adequately. It was nice to hear that your children enjoyed our park and I hope they enjoyed all the activities.

I am glad you found our team were knowledgeable with a good understanding of health and safety. We take the health and safety of our owners, guests and team members very seriously. Our team goes through rigorous training to make sure they take reasonable steps to maintain a safe and healthy holiday environment.

I have passed on your feedback to the complex manager regarding the toilets. Without valuable feedback we are unable to make necessary changes to improve for our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back; you are more than welcome to give me a call for a quote for August.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nice park ,Huge space with long walks but plenty to do .The biggest bugbear ENTERTAINMENT or lack of it .After a few hours of watching the kids do their thing dancing screaming and playing musical bingo at 2 quid a pop for naff prizes it was cabaret time .What a complete joke four girls dancing and a very small man trying to sing it was called rock of ages I think and it was dire, I mean really really dire .This is not entertaining, these kids cannot sing or entertain after two songs we were ready for off .What has happened to having good quality artists on ?.They were singing completely dry no effects through a system that sounded totally pants and they cleared the place what is that about ???. Come on Bourne sort it out Normally acts sound better as you drink but no amount of booze could salvage the pain I felt listening to that girl scream.letting these kids pretend to be artists is a complete joke There is no way I would buy a van on this site with such poor cabaret and It will be netflix next time we come with a pizza and a few 6 packs.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mel C
I am pleased that you thought our park is nice with a large amount of space and plenty to do. It saddens me to read that you were not impressed with our entertainment; our team this year are new and go through rigorous training and recruitment. I have passed on your comments to our entertainments manager and I hope that despite this you will consider returning to us again. We appreciate all feedback and where improvements can be made we will always try and improve this.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 8 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!