“Family orientated”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“Family orientated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here with family as part of a football tournament weekend. When we arrived the reception was very busy due to the volume of teams checking in and staying on site. We were soon allocated our mobile home.
CARAVAN. This was very clean and basic equipment provided for kitchen use. Remember to take toilet rolls, hand towel for shower/ toilet area, pan scrub and dish cloth. We remembered everything else but forgot these. One word of advice DONT USE THE TOASTER. We tried it twice and tripped the electricity out both times. Even the chap who came to sort us out advised us not to use it.
We were disappointed with the tiny TV in our caravan. All the other guests in our party had 32" TVs. Our remote didn't work properly and we had to turn it off at the plug.
The whole site was clean and well kept.
SHOW BAR always very busy and noisy but kids were kept occupied and a professional show was on later. Kids were safe enough to wander back in the slot machines area. There was security on the door. Cleaners were working all the time to remove debris.
SPORTS BAR. Busy too and noisy but only to be expected with the volume of families and kids. Singer in there did her very best to keep all entertained.
Beer prices not too expensive for holiday park. Football matches were screened in this bar too and the food/ prices were quite reasonable although our salad did not have any Parmesan so we got cheddar and the Caesar dressing just wasn't Caesar. Saying that we enjoyed it.
Just outside these bars is a fish and chip shop, pizzas,and burger place. Lots of places to eat and get stuffed!!
On the site there are many activities to occupy everyone e.g. Crazy golf. Bike hire. Fishing. Swimming pool indoor. Etc.
The site itself is vast and there is a tractor/train to get you around if you wish.
We all enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a caravan near the centre entertainment complex
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wilks36
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Wilks36

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was a very busy weekend but I am glad that you were able to enjoy every aspect we have to offer.

I am pleased to hear your caravan was very clean and that you found our park to be well kept. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the TV in your caravan and the electric trip you experienced. When there are too many appliances plugged into the caravan this can cause an electric trip, usually by the toaster.

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us and potential guests with what we have to offer and I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Hull - Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just got back from another excellent holiday. All the staff were very helpful as usual. The staff in the Aqua bar were cheerful and sociable. We got a upgrade to a very very nice caravan. Hopefully will be back as soon as. (Have already booked for next year )

• Stayed April 2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear ED-Hull

It’s lovely to hear from you again and I am thrilled that you have just got back from another excellent holiday. Thank you for your review and your kind words about our team. I have passed your comments onto the team in the Cafebar. If we don’t see you again this year we will look forward to welcoming you again next year.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from here after a 4 night stay which i booked through sun holidays.
Wasnt expecting much but what a suprise....fantastic.

Paid well over the odds doing through the sun but i did upgrade my van and have entertainment passes and i guess thats just the luck of the draw.

Arrived mon at 12pm we were able to check in straight away, upgraded my van once again for added cost of £20 and must say it was £20 well spent. Went from deluxe plus to prestige and the van was lovely, bit grubby i.e. toothpaste around the sink, pots and pans needed a clean and finger and food prints over windows and TV but nothing a quick clean didnt sort out.

Outside pools and slides closed but it does state this on website, indoor pool lovely and clean plenty of changing facilities (however we where here after half term so the park was very quiet i would imagine its quite hectic during half term).

Kids loved all the activities and the evening entertainment....other reviews say its abit crud but my kids 4 and 6 loved it, loved all the shows and the entertainers.

Park very well maintained and all staff friendly and helpful especially mark on reception, merchandice well priced compared to other haven parks weve been to.
Only dissapointment was timing, our kids half term only started as everyones finish so outside the park the theme parks were closed and very little to do but in no way reflects onthe park.

We holiday to haven every year and i feel we have been spoilt by thorpe park because i dont expect to have anything as nice as this one and we wont settle for anything less i guess you get what you pay for. Exceeded all expectations

Loved, 5*s from my family and look forward to returning very soon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Gemma B

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that your holiday was a nice surprise and that you were able to check-in straight away.

The Prestige is a personal favourite of mine and I’m pleased to hear you found it was lovely. We will always send a team member to improve the cleanliness of the caravan if it is not up to the high level of standard we usually achieve; we would never expect this to be done by our guests.

I am pleased to hear your children loved the activities and evening entertainment. I’m delighted you found our team friendly and helpful. I have passed your comments to the team especially to Mark on reception who was delighted, when a team member receives a compliment they are rewarded with a certificate and a badge.

I am thrilled you will be returning very soon. If you would rather book through us next time the entertainment passes and everything else is included in the price, so you are more than welcome to call me for a quote.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kidderminster, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have never been to a caravan park over this side of England, and it exceeded our expectations!
We had to make our own fun, as unfortunately my little boy got chicken pox break out on the day we arrived and we ended up in Grimsby hospital, so thanks to Haven for the telephone number of the local out of hours doctors service!
The week we stayed included Easter Weekend which my husband noted when he popped to the clubhouse looked VERY busy, but in and around our caravan on Lakeside it was pretty quiet, and only a 5 minute walk from both the main club and the beach.
The caravan itself was the cheapest deal, and although I'm sure we only booked a 2 bed (trying to keep the cost right down) we were given a 3 bed so at least our kids had a room each! beds a bit uncomfortable but remember this IS a caravan holiday! not a 5 star hotel!
The TV was a great help, being confined to the caravan so much, and lucky we took lots of games and things to do!
We made it to the pool on the last 2 days and to the entertainment.
We were pleased with the pool, albeit really busy, and we were really impressed with the food in the cafebar - which looked pricey, but was served with such flair (the scampi was served on fish and chip paper!) we felt it was worth the additional cost.
Soft play area was small but for my 2 year old it was fine, and my 6 year old also had a little go, and they played hide and seek!
We let them go on the arcade on the last 2 days, and it was a good bit of fun, but worth leaving until the last couple of days to save the money!

We walked to Cleethorpes along the beach and I also had a beautiful early morning run along the beach path. It's a lovely beach, beautifully kept, and so close! Worth taking sunglasses even in the cooler weather, to avoid windy sandy eyes though!

Finally the only bit of disappointment was the entertainment. My kids age 6 and 2 like kids mini disco songs like 'Superman' and 'Music Man' or even the cha cha slide etc. the early tots disco that we attended seemed to be a large pink elephant called 'anxious' gyrating to a song she was supposedly singing which was quite definitely about sex (yes I know a lot of pop songs these days ARE' but the little kids couldn't really join in, it was just a bit weird. The last night we stayed and saw more of the older kids entertainment show and it was a bit poor, they just didn't seem to gain the kids attention - it might be due to the layout of the room and such a small dancefloor area, and many kids unable to spot their parents in the dark, so parents having to hang around the dancefloor but try not to get in peoples way etc - it was just all a bit awkward, and not very relaxing for us as parents.

the golf and swimming was excellent, and the park lovely, but smallish. I think the place would really benefit from a toddler playpark with slides and climbing aimed at the younger ones - my 2/5 year old who is very able, was unable to use most of the park.

All that said - for £250 we were absolutely IMPRESSED! and ALL the staff we came across were helpful, smiley and courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Salli198103

It was a real delight reading your review. I am thrilled to hear that our park exceeded your expectations and that you were absolutely impressed. I have forwarded your comments to all team departments however, I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the entertainment and I have passed your comments to our entertainment manager. I am also sorry to hear your little boy got chicken pox and I hope that he is much better now, I’m glad the team were able to get you the telephone for the local doctors and I hope that it didn’t affect your stay with us.

During Easter we were very busy but I hope that it did not have an impact on your holiday; you will have to come back and visit us again during a quieter period. It sounds like you were pleased with your caravan and the location which I am glad to hear.

Thank you for your review and for sharing your holiday experience with us and with potential guests. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just returned from a Fri-Mon stay.
We stayed in palm springs caravan 13. Caravan was lovely, different layout than we,are used to. It had 2 double beds instead,of the usual double and 2 singles. The Kid's wasn't impressed with having to share. Caravan looked clean but on closer inspection could benefit from a deep clean. Dust on sideboards, mildew on tap and shower, previous occupants food in cupboards. There was also a damp smell to the caravan which I put down the the upholstery just being washed which meant we had to sit on sheets that reception provided. Caravan was in a good location, right opposite the beach which was a big hit with the kids.
Entertainment was good in the evening, kids also enjoyed the archery and fencing. Swimming pool was a bit on the cold side for our 11month old so didn't stay in for long. Our older Kids wasnt impressed with the pool but that was down to the slides being closed this time of year.
Character breakfast on a Monday morning is good for getting photo's of all the characters and Kid's together.
Overall kids enjoyed themselves which is the main thing as they don't notice the little things that bug an adult.
Would return as it's one of the better Haven site's we have been to.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank K-RForbes
Dear K-RForbes

Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that there were a few lapses in the cleanliness of your caravan; we would have happily got a member of our team to come down and resolve this for you. However, I am very pleased that the caravan was lovely and you were happy with the location. I hope your children enjoyed the archery and fencing.

I am sorry you found the pool to be a bit cold and that your children weren’t as impressed. Unfortunately the outside lazy river and slides are closed during April, this is because we never know what the weather is like and can be too cold during April. If you are considering in returning I would recommend from the 23rd of May to the 31st of August, in the hope that the weather will hold out, so that your children and yourselves can experience them.

I hope your children were able to meet their favourite character during the characters breakfast and I look forward to welcoming you all back again, you are more than welcome to call me for a quote and I can make sure your caravan is to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another weeks stay in a relatives owned caravan cant really find anything to complain about. Well run resort great facilities gets better every year. Perhaps some enforcement of the double yellow lines outside the Spar could take place by Security as there seems to be no end of Selfish people who park there causing an obstruction.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear andreaLancashire

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you found our resort to be well run with great facilities and that it gets better every year. I have passed your comments onto maintenance and security regarding enforcement on the double yellow lines outside Spar to stop congestion, or that we may need to let guests know they need to park in the car park across the road.
I hope you will consider returning to us again in the near future.

hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Spot on. Ticked all the boxes for a Easter gathering, stayed in a Prestige Caravan and was as expected fully central heated which helped in the mornings. Site was clean and tidy, staff really friendly. If i had one slight complaint it would be the "caberet" Sunday night abou 9pm, man and woman murdering some songs and 3 lady dancers trying to be exotic? Badly! We left not long after they started as did others around us. Didnt ruin our break though, swimming pool good and clean. All in all a good place, would return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank yogibear30
Dear yogibear30

It’s such a joy to hear that your weekend ticked all the boxes. It’s fantastic that you found the site to be clean and that the team on park were really friendly. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t as pleased with the entertainment and I have passed on your comments to the Entertainment Manager. I am pleased that this it did not affect your break and I hope you will return soon.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!