“Enjoyable stay but not sure how it would be if full”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this site Monday to Friday through sun holidays. Had upgraded with the sun but prior to travelling had received a letter about further upgrade options through haven. I hadn't realised that a sun luxury plus grade is only a deluxe grade caravan and so no heating. Paid £40 to upgrade to prestige, and well worth it.
The caravan was lovely, 2013 model with double glazing and full central heating throughout. Stayed in meadowfields which was close walk to entertainment but still quiet. Had viewed the site map beforehand and requested this area as the site is very large and lots of people were having to drive to the entertainment.
The site was very clean and well maintained and one day we took the train around the site and the end near the golf course was very peaceful and felt like you were somewhere else.
Now the negatives, the entertainment complex is not massive given the size of the site, fine when we went but if we were not in showbar for 6 we were struggling to find seats close enough to stage for the children to see. Also not enough play parks for young children, 2 bucket swings, one slide, and a few other bits, cannot imagine what this would be like in the height of summer. The soft play area was so small with no slides, last year at caister there was a full soft play area in its own room with an under and over 4's area and you could easily spend over an hour in there.
The entertainment complex seems to have the entrance on the wrong side, to get into it you have to walk all around it and on a busy road(where all people driving to entertainment drive on) crossing the road twice as no pavement, this is not ideal with toddlers.
The fun stars team at this site seemed poor in comparison to other sites I have visited, things started late and they did not get involved with the children. Toddler disco was music played in a dark room with flashing lights and no sign of the fun stars, in the past this has involved traditional party dances with the fun stars doing the moves with the little ones. Last year at the caister site my children spent most of their holiday in the showbar doing various activities and staff learnt
their names but this year they were bored. Hardly saw the
characters and never all at the
same time.

Overall an enjoyable holiday, children enjoyed it and the upgraded caravan made all the difference.

• Stayed: May 2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Lingar0210

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear your caravan was lovely and pleased we were able to meet your request to be close to the complex. I’m glad you found our site to be very clean and well maintained this is the high standard we are glad to hear we achieve.

I am sorry to hear you struggled to get seating close enough to the stage in the showbar and of your disappointment with the funstars. I have passed on your comments to our entertainment manager. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking into improving our site for the benefit of our future guests.

I am delighted you had an overall enjoyable holiday and I hope you will return to us again in the future for an even more enjoyable time.

There are newer reviews for Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Me and my family do like this caravan park. There is so much to do. From train rides bike rides tennis swimming football an endless list. We stay in a privately owned caravan. We have to buy the passes which are expensive and no discounts for family booking. The staff are ok but don't really go that extra mile.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank uneekc
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear uneekc

Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted to read that you and your family have enjoyed our park 3 years in a row and thank you for sharing what we have to offer with potential guests. I would recommend booking direct with us as the passes are included in the price, you are more than welcome to contact me direct on 01472 813395 and I would be more than happy to give you a quote in the hope that you will return to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

on arriving friendly greeting from reception,caravan ready for us
large 3 bed caravan, all mod cons etc,clean beds made up ready for us
it was bank holiday when we were there,so we couldnt get into show bar
bit no problem as there was another bar,with a small kids play area,
which our godson very much enjoyed,nice clean pool,with lots of activities,
within the pool,but there is charges, we really enjoyed our stay,and will
be happy to book again,thank you to all the staff,for an enjoyable 5 day holiday

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank valentina27

Dear valentina27

Thank you for your lovely review. I am thrilled to hear you had a friendly greeting from our reception team, that’s the service we like to hear we achieve. I am sorry you could not get into the showbar, our cafebar is a great location for children to play in the soft play area. Thank you again for sharing your holiday experience with us I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was our 7th visit to thorpe park and must say it gets better!!,The staff are very friendly and the caravan was superb as we didnt know what to expect booking it through the sun.The entertainment was first class and the funstars work tremendously hard to keep the kids entertained.
The only negative thing i have to say is that our son was crying because his eyes were sore and we thought this was down to the bubble guns that all the kids had, but it turned that it was the glow in the dark glasses that was from the showbar kids shop.These ended up leaking causing him great distress and a week to clear up.I didnt want to be negative but just be cautious when buying kids these items. All in all a good enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: upgrade if given the chance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank saxon747
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Saxon747

We are grateful for your review. It’s fantastic to hear that your visits to us keep getting better and had you a pleasurable holiday. If you would prefer to book through us on your next visit then please give me a call and I would be more than delighted to help.

I am pleased that you found our entertainment first class and that your children enjoyed it. Our team of Funstars do work extremely hard to ensure that all of the children have a fantastic holiday and create a memory to carry with them forever.

I am deeply sorry that the glasses you purchased in our complex hurt your daughter’s eyes. I have passed on your concerns to the complex manager. Overall I am glad to hear they have cleared up fine and he is feeling better.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a mid week break with the children and my partner. We were offered an upgrade on arrival which we took. The caravan was in a lovely close location and was super clean and comfortable.
The swimming pool on site was great, the life guards were super friendly and great with my young sons.
We ate in the bar one evening and that couldn't be faulted, not too over priced and lovely food.
The night time entertainment for children was great and both my sons really enjoyed it. The entertainers were really energetic and great with children.

The only three slight negatives are the surrounding area - I know not havens fault but it's something to bare in mind. There's literally nothing worth doing!! And we had a bag of dirty laundry left outside our caravan all week and it wasn't moved even when I reported it to reception. And my last negative which isn't just haven but should be addressed - the prizes from winning tokens on the arcade machines. My sons 3 and so is rubbish at getting the tokens. I managed to win him just under 300 but this couldn't even get him a kinder egg!! It was ludicrous!! It cost me well over £5 to get the tokens, plus money spent on other machines, I don't think a kinder egg would have been too much to ask for!!

All in all, a great break but probably wouldn't return just because of the location.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Dansmum1

I would just like to thank you for taking the time out to review us on trip advisor. It sounds like you’ve had an incredible stay with us. It is great that the caravan was up to your standards of hygiene as our cleaners work hard to get them ready for check in time. I’m over the moon that you where pleased with the upgrade you took at the time of your check in.
We understand how important first impressions are so we strive to be as welcoming as possible. I have passed on your comments to the lifeguards and they are satisfied they played a part in making your holiday enjoyable.

I am glad to hear that your children were kept entertained on their holiday. Our fun star team strive to make magical memories for all of the family.

I am sorry to hear that you could not find anything to do in the surrounding area. We would have been more than happy to recommend places in the area for you to do in reception, the team are always happy to help.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from Thorpe park.had a good time staff all nice and friendly site was very clean toilets clean.fun stars did ther best to keep us entertained (hard when the showbar was never more than half full)but that not ther fault worked hard.my only gripe is before we left to go the park I tried 3 times in the week before to try to find Wer we wud be allocated on the park.as my daughter is 8 month pregnant (wobbles more than walks) we had booked 2 summer houses and wanted to be as close as possible to the complex.3 times I was told that the summer houses Wer all over the park.when we checked in we found out We Wer over 1/2 mile walk away .when I said we requested to be close as possible I was told that all the summer houses Wer in the same place?some 1was lieing. But over all was good holiday just haven need to sort out the feedback u get when u chat online with them and it's different story when u get ther that's only reason never got 5*.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank andrew t

Dear Andrew T

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us on Tripadvisor. I would just like to thank you for your kind words about our team members, as they work tremendously hard to ensure each guests enjoys their holiday to its full potential. It’s wonderful to hear that you found our complex to be immaculate as our cleaners do incredibly well to keep it presentable for our guests.

We have been blessed with lots of positive feedback about our funstars. I have passed on your comments to our funstar team and they are really happy that you enjoyed their entertainment shows.

When allocating your accommodation it is done randomly through the computer system, though we strive to meet guests requests we allocate best we can with what we have available on that date. We mix the grades of accommodation around the park to give guests plenty of choice of location within the grade booked, however many of our summer houses are located in one area. I am sorry that we are unable to give out information about location of your accommodation until the day you check-in; those that are let to us can be withdrawn or may become unusable overnight. For this reason we do not allocate until close to the arrival date and this can change up until the last minute.

You are more than welcome to contact me direct on 01472 813395 with any information to ensure you get the feedback you require in the hope that you will return to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Being a famous brand like Haven (Part of the Bourne Leisure Group, we had high expectations. We arrived, only to be told that even though we had booked, that they do not reserve pitches you choose yourself. So we went around the site looking for a suitable pitch, still having to tow the caravan. We had paid for a full service pitch, and although all the amenities was there, our awning did not even fit onto the gravel area. In fact it was smaller than the actual caravan.

However, we made the most of it and set up.

We soon discovered that most of the caravans are parked there for the whole summer season, which is fair enough, but this lead to lack of choice for the pitches.

Then we had to content with the hundreds of dogs. We do not mind dogs, but when they are left unattended for hours on end, barking and whining, it soon turns a relaxing break into a not so relaxing break.

If this was not enough to content with, we then went to the shower block. Well I have seen better maintained facilities in fields. They were dirty, tired and some days disgusting. Although they were cleaned (every morning) the cleaners just put a bit of toilet cleaner down and I never once saw them wash the floors. It was so bad that we used our own shower facilities in our caravan.

We could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank WhiteHorse50

Dear WhiteHorse50

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. We like our guests to be able to pick their own pitch; this is so that you are able to choose a pitch that best suits your individual needs. We always ask guests to look after their dogs and they are not allowed to be left unattended, this is hard for us to monitor but once alerted we are able to send our security team to attend and make sure guests are in keeping with looking after their dogs on our site.
I am sorry to read of the cleanliness issues in the touring amenities. Our housekeeping team clean the amenities twice a day and it saddens me to read that we were not up to our high standard that we usually achieve.
I am sorry that on this occasion your stay was marred.

Jessica Dale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant
#1 of 10 in Grimsby
No photo provided
Claydens
#2 of 6 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!