“Good but basic” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
“Good but basic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely location as next to theme park and beach is 20 mins away, rooms were clean but they were quite basic but their size was good. Tv got common channels and I had no problems with the tv. Overall, my holiday here was fun and fulfilling.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Awesomeman2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Awesomeman2014

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that your holiday with us was fun and fulfilling. I think we have a lot to offer in our surrounding area and I am pleased that you found our location to be lovely.
I hope we will welcome you back again soon.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed here with my wife and 2 children. My overall experience was very good, the park is very clean and there was lots to do as a family. The resort of Cleethorpes also has a lot to offer which makes Thorpe Park in an excellent location, right next to a theme park, the beach, leisure centre, bowling alley, cinema, and some excellent pubs.

The accommodation was what I expected and what we had paid for so there were no nasty surprises, even though we didn't spend too much time in our caravan because there was so much to do. Please bring a little extra money because the activities, food and drink on the park are a little pricey in my opinion.

If you get chance I would recommend you do some of the sports activities, the coaches Dan and Gaz really go that extra mile to make the sessions informative but also fun. My son suffers with mild learning difficulties and the instructor Gaz went that extra mile to make sure he felt included in the sessions throughout the week. He learnt my sons name and spoke to us every time he saw us throughout our stay which we thought was a very nice touch. These 2 coaches bounce of each other and make a great team they are a credit to your company.

Overall we had a great stay, we will definitely be back next year. Thank you for a great holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank rapidfire18
Dear rapidfire18

It is fantastic to hear you had a good break with us and sounds like you explored Cleethorpes and what we have to offer. Dan and Gaz were thrilled to read your review and I agree they are great at running the activities and have passed on your kind words, if a team member receives kind recognition we make sure that they are rewarded for going that extra mile. Thank you for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back next year, you are more than welcome to call me for a quote on 01472 813395.

Best regards

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

When we booked our caravan we booked Deluxe Plus with heating because we have 2small boys. We arrived and the caravan we had been allocated was not Deluxe plus. Not only was it wrong, no heating it was very unclean. Door panel falling off, bottle tops under the boys beds, sand all over the kitchen benches and hair and dust (thick)behind the telly.
We immediately went back to customer services and expressed our concerns. The lady who dealt with us was lovely instantly she apologised and allocated us a new upgraded (prestige) van. This one was immaculate. We were very pleased that our holiday could now begin.

Now where do I begin? All I can say is if you think about going end of season October then don't!!

Limited drinks left, limited food left,shop with no stock, staff almost looked like they had lost the will to live! Constantly Apologising for their lack of resources. EVERYWHERE!

Swimming pool was FREEZING! No joke we were in 10minutes and had to take our boys out. Their lips were blue. When complaining about this the staff informed us that the engineer won't fix it cos 4days left until closure!

However we tried to make the best of what we had. Kids loved the entertainment on a night time. Usually through the day we visited Skegness, Cleethorpes and surrounding areas.
There is a large pub just outside the caravan park (can't remember the name sorry) very cheap carvery. Delicious too. We visited a couple of times.
Overall we enjoyed our time away but next time will not visit in October half term.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Donna M
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Donna M

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of the disappointing start to your holiday but I am glad the team were able to resolve this for you so you could start your holiday as soon as possible. We will always do our best to rectify any issue for our guests as quickly as possible as we know your holiday time is precious.

I am saddened to read your review. The swimming pool temperature is constantly checked by our sports and leisure manager throughout the day. We never want our guests to be going into a cold pool. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the pool for very long.

However, I am thrilled your children loved the entertainment. The Trawlerman is the pub outside of our park and I have to agree they do a delicious carvery.

I hope you will consider returning to us again, you are more than welcome to call me for a quote.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I have been on several Haven holidays across the uk as we always enjoy them .. I have to say we really enjoyed this one too .. but think mainly because of the good weather we had .. The site itself is large but entertainment complex quite small especially when considering sites like Goldens sands .. The staff who greeted us were very friendly helpful and welcoming ... we was in caravan 73 lakeside on arrival looked clean however thick dust on tops of some surfaces .. which I was soon fixed with a baby wipe .. Didnt seen much of the characters or fun stars but again due to the good weather .. xx prices to eat on site as whether dining in the cafe grill or buying stuff from spar are stupidly expensive so glad we packed some food .. xx the site is strangely mapped out and agree with other reviews as in funworks door seems in wrong place not enough paths or u ended up walking round back which looks abit grubby and messy .. but all in all would come back but defo a last min cut price deal not full price .. thanks thorpe park we did have fun x

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy W
Dear Amy W

What a delight to hear you have been on many Haven holidays across the UK, even more delighted that you really enjoyed your stay at our park. I am sorry to hear that there was dust in your caravan I have spoken to the housekeeping team regarding this. You were in a great location to be close to the complex and you came during the brilliant weather we had. We appreciate you sharing your holiday with us and potential guests. It’s brilliant to hear you had fun and I hope we will get to welcome you back again soon.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here Monday to Friday and have to say wish I could have stayed longer!
Originally booked through sun holidays but due to a mix up ended up cancelling and booking as a normal haven customer!
The caravan was ready for when we arrived all beds made up and really clean and tidy! We stayed in meadowfields which was a good site due to being close to the reception and entertainment complex! However, the entrance of the complex is at the back so seems silly to have to walk round the back into the car park to gain entry!
We had a day of torrential downpour which seemed to cause issues as the lack of drainage was clear to see! The full park seemed to turn Into one huge puddle with my partner having to climb over his bonnet at the entertainment complex just to get out of the car due to lack of car parking and drains not clearing the walkways and roads properly!
Food was probably charged at a higher cost than the quality of food was actually worth but we did only eat in the cafe/bar
once!
Pool area was clean and tidy however the pool was quite cold so didn't stay in long!
The little play area was good for the little ones and so was the main outside area with the large sandpit!
We didn't watch a lot of the evening entertainment but what we did saw it seemed good! Face painting, although only for 3£ was a let down, you'd expect proper face painters at such a big resort!
The staff we met seemed friendly and helpful!
Due to the play areas on the park only being small and one being quite a walk away with a 3 year old we visited the magical castle and bowling alley just outside the complex past pleasure island which both were worth the money! Also visited the Chinese buffet which again was great value for money!
All in all no big grumbles we did have a really enjoyable holiday and will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Katie S
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Katie S

I am delighted to hear you had a brilliant holiday and that you were happy with your accommodation, meadowfield is a great location if you wish to be near the complex. The entrance to our complex is something we are looking at changing but is a huge project. We are great base to explore our surrounding area and I am thrilled you had an enjoyable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this site Monday to Friday through sun holidays. Had upgraded with the sun but prior to travelling had received a letter about further upgrade options through haven. I hadn't realised that a sun luxury plus grade is only a deluxe grade caravan and so no heating. Paid £40 to upgrade to prestige, and well worth it.
The caravan was lovely, 2013 model with double glazing and full central heating throughout. Stayed in meadowfields which was close walk to entertainment but still quiet. Had viewed the site map beforehand and requested this area as the site is very large and lots of people were having to drive to the entertainment.
The site was very clean and well maintained and one day we took the train around the site and the end near the golf course was very peaceful and felt like you were somewhere else.
Now the negatives, the entertainment complex is not massive given the size of the site, fine when we went but if we were not in showbar for 6 we were struggling to find seats close enough to stage for the children to see. Also not enough play parks for young children, 2 bucket swings, one slide, and a few other bits, cannot imagine what this would be like in the height of summer. The soft play area was so small with no slides, last year at caister there was a full soft play area in its own room with an under and over 4's area and you could easily spend over an hour in there.
The entertainment complex seems to have the entrance on the wrong side, to get into it you have to walk all around it and on a busy road(where all people driving to entertainment drive on) crossing the road twice as no pavement, this is not ideal with toddlers.
The fun stars team at this site seemed poor in comparison to other sites I have visited, things started late and they did not get involved with the children. Toddler disco was music played in a dark room with flashing lights and no sign of the fun stars, in the past this has involved traditional party dances with the fun stars doing the moves with the little ones. Last year at the caister site my children spent most of their holiday in the showbar doing various activities and staff learnt
their names but this year they were bored. Hardly saw the
characters and never all at the
same time.

Overall an enjoyable holiday, children enjoyed it and the upgraded caravan made all the difference.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Lingar0210

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear your caravan was lovely and pleased we were able to meet your request to be close to the complex. I’m glad you found our site to be very clean and well maintained this is the high standard we are glad to hear we achieve.

I am sorry to hear you struggled to get seating close enough to the stage in the showbar and of your disappointment with the funstars. I have passed on your comments to our entertainment manager. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking into improving our site for the benefit of our future guests.

I am delighted you had an overall enjoyable holiday and I hope you will return to us again in the future for an even more enjoyable time.

Dewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my family do like this caravan park. There is so much to do. From train rides bike rides tennis swimming football an endless list. We stay in a privately owned caravan. We have to buy the passes which are expensive and no discounts for family booking. The staff are ok but don't really go that extra mile.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank uneekc
Dear uneekc

Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted to read that you and your family have enjoyed our park 3 years in a row and thank you for sharing what we have to offer with potential guests. I would recommend booking direct with us as the passes are included in the price, you are more than welcome to contact me direct on 01472 813395 and I would be more than happy to give you a quote in the hope that you will return to us again in the near future.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!