Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
See available hotels
Kings Royal Hotel(Cleethorpes)
Ginnie's(Cleethorpes)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,449 results
All reviewsswimming poolentertainment complexon siteprestige caravanburger kingthe main complexlazy riverevening entertainmentcarousel barpapa johnsgreat holidaycrazy golfwater walkersclimbing wallsoft play areaschool holidayszip wire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Huge site located next to Pleasure Island Theme Park with friendly and helpful staff.Booked a Deluxe plus caravan after viewing the photos on the Haven website.Caravan very spacious with blow heating in the bedrooms.A panel heater in the bathroom which was faulty and therefore not in working order,even after it was reported, plus a gas fire in lounge area.The beds were not at all comfortable and the bedding which consisted of a duvet was thin and old looking.Covers on these duvets were quite aged,unlike the photos on the website

Visited the indoor swimming pool which the kids loved, outside swimming pools/slides closed probably due to the weather.Tried to access the evening entertainment but I think Haven have got the balance wrong as the amount of folks at this holiday time could not all fit into this one room .The cafe bar was very busy too with few seats left .There is a kids play area in the cafe bar but it is small and only children under 1 metre were supposed to play there.We observed much taller and older children running around,this coupled with the high volume of kids presented as a risk to some of the younger and smaller children in terms of getting hurt.
A good range of activities were available on site at an extra cost i.e. archery £8 pp crazy golf £6 pp etc.

Next to Thorpe park is another site called Fitties, there are lakes here where the kids enjoyed catching crabs and feeding the swans.

Prior to staying in the Haven deluxe plus caravan we had stayed in a Premier Inn .In comparison - the beds were very comfortable,the bedding was new,rooms were warm and clean and the price including breakfast was half the price of the Haven caravan.
I know where I will be staying with my family the next time I book a holiday !

Room Tip: Go in person and ask to have a look at a typical caravan might be better to book a prestige caravan if the budget would allow for a comfortable good nights sleep - stay in a hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear SAR72

Thank you for your review and hearing about your experience with us, I am sorry that the beds in your accommodation were not comfortable. The insulation in caravans do not compare to the comfort of a hotel. I am sorry that you struggled to get into the showbar and cafebar due to the busy time period; we are hoping to expand our complex in the near future. Thank you for your kind words about our team I am pleased that they were friendly and helpful; this is the service we love to hear we achieve. I hope that these aspects will not stop you from returning to us again in the future, where I hope we can restore your faith in the Haven brand.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

After spending many family holidays at Haven, I was excited to take my children to make the same fantastic memories.
The children had such a good time, and loved messing about in the pool, we made a game with the children dodging the many piles of dog dirt left on the pathways leading to the complex. The pool area was very over crowded due to the bad weather, I was surprised to see thick layers of bird poo on stair well on water flume as the outside pool area had just been opened The changing area was dirty, extremely wet and inadequate for the amount of families using these facilities.
The overcrowding theme carried throughout our stay and could not find a seat for the evening entertainment and avoided the bar as the queue was 5 people deep, the entertainment did not follow the entertainment listings, the children enjoyed copying the dance routines of the Fun Stars.
From my childhood memories I would be out all day enjoying the daytime entertainment provided by the Tiger Club - however it seems this is no more and have been replaced with activities like archery which you must prebook. I would recommend you consider more indoor activities as the British weather is usually wet and windy, and felt many activities were not running due to the weather conditions.
As a parent this has to be the worst holiday I have endured but the children loved it and my 5 year old did not want to leave.

1  Thank Annon00083

Dear Annon00083

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed. and that you felt it was too busy during your stay with us. I have passed on your comments to our entertainment manager regarding improving the daytime entertainment. I am pleased your children loved it and had such a good time. We appreciate all feedback and I hope that in the future you will consider returning to us so that we are able to restore your faith in the Haven brand.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

On arrival we were very pleased with our accommodation it was spacious and clean, although the dirty linen was still on the grass outside the van. We assumed this would be collected at some point, it never was and stayed there for the duration of our stay.
The signs around the park are rubbish and barely visible we had to ask for directions on how to get into 'the complex' as the entrance is situated in such a discreet place for such a big park.
The main showbar was packed out by the time we got there at 6:45 and only got busier and hotter in there, it is far too small to accomadate a park of this size during busy periods! If you want a seat you need to get there when the doors open.

We were able to use the indoor and outdoor pool on the day of arrival, both were packed and a bit manic for me and my husband but the kids really enjoyed the flume and space bowl!
The crazy lazy river was full of teenagers jumping in and trying to drown one another and just generally being rough which made me slightly apprehensive about the safety of younger children although the lifeguards didn't seem that bothered, in fact one was more interested in chatting up a couple of the girls on the sunbeds.

All other activities apart from the free swimming will cost you an arm and a leg if you have a couple of kids so be prepared to spend some money!

Cleethorpes town is a real let down, there was no seaside feel to it at all, and the only things that it really has to offer are all the things you can do at home i.e indoor playareas, bowling, cinema and swimming.

All in all it was a very disappointing holiday and we even ended up cutting it a day short as we had had enough! We would not return to Thorpe park or cleethorpes and would not recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Taylor987
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Taylor987

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were pleased with your accommodation, the linen should be collected and I am sorry it wasn’t during your stay.

It’s fantastic to hear your children loved the flumes and space bowl and were able to use the indoor and outdoor pool on arrival. I would like to assure you we run a safe park and take the health and safety of our guests very seriously. I have passed your concerns through to the sports and leisure manager.

We offer an activity pass, this will save money on the activities we have to offer on site and is much better if you have a few children. I am sorry to read of your disappointed and that Thorpe Park was not the place for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely location as next to theme park and beach is 20 mins away, rooms were clean but they were quite basic but their size was good. Tv got common channels and I had no problems with the tv. Overall, my holiday here was fun and fulfilling.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Awesomeman2014

Dear Awesomeman2014

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that your holiday with us was fun and fulfilling. I think we have a lot to offer in our surrounding area and I am pleased that you found our location to be lovely.
I hope we will welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed here with my wife and 2 children. My overall experience was very good, the park is very clean and there was lots to do as a family. The resort of Cleethorpes also has a lot to offer which makes Thorpe Park in an excellent location, right next to a theme park, the beach, leisure centre, bowling alley, cinema, and some excellent pubs.

The accommodation was what I expected and what we had paid for so there were no nasty surprises, even though we didn't spend too much time in our caravan because there was so much to do. Please bring a little extra money because the activities, food and drink on the park are a little pricey in my opinion.

If you get chance I would recommend you do some of the sports activities, the coaches Dan and Gaz really go that extra mile to make the sessions informative but also fun. My son suffers with mild learning difficulties and the instructor Gaz went that extra mile to make sure he felt included in the sessions throughout the week. He learnt my sons name and spoke to us every time he saw us throughout our stay which we thought was a very nice touch. These 2 coaches bounce of each other and make a great team they are a credit to your company.

Overall we had a great stay, we will definitely be back next year. Thank you for a great holiday.

3  Thank rapidfire18

Dear rapidfire18

It is fantastic to hear you had a good break with us and sounds like you explored Cleethorpes and what we have to offer. Dan and Gaz were thrilled to read your review and I agree they are great at running the activities and have passed on your kind words, if a team member receives kind recognition we make sure that they are rewarded for going that extra mile. Thank you for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back next year, you are more than welcome to call me for a quote on 01472 813395.

Best regards