“Short break at Thorpe Park”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Short break at Thorpe Park”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently came back from a 3 night stay at Thorpe Park Holiday Park. The site it's self was very nice. The facilities especially for children were great, lots on site to keep them entertained. The whole pool area was well laid out as the indoor pool lead out side to the outdoor one. My children were a bit too young(7 and 4) to take full advantage of the water shoots/slides but were able to use the smaller ones. Our caravan was called a summerhouse well worth the very little extra we had paid over the next caravan down. It was very clean and modern with a great layout and loads of space. The only slight problem we had was it was situated quite away from the main entertainment area as many of the caravan are so we found ourselves driving up to it most of the time. The children loved every minute from walking to the local beach( about 10min walk from the site) to feeding the resident geese in the fishing lake. We really did'nt have enough time to do everything in 3 days. Cleethorpes itself was not that great but it does have a great stretch of sand. The water however was not great so if it's swimming you are after do not come to Cleethorpes. We were aware that it was near an estuary so the sea water would not be good quality so it was not a shock when we saw brown sea! We really enjoyed our northern adventure.

Room Tip: If big all action sites are not for you do not come here!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison B
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Alison B

I am thrilled you enjoyed your northern adventure and found our park facilities great for the children with lots to do. We are a great base for walking to the local beach and I am delighted your children loved feeding the resident geese, hope they got to feed Sid one of our local resident geese. I am glad your caravan was clean and modern; we find many young families enjoy our summerhouses.

If 3 days was not enough I hope you will come back for an even longer northern adventure.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place, me and my partner went for alittle break Monday to Friday... everywhere was very clean evan the outdoor pool spotless , friendly staff, pristine caravan on the redwood area, didn''t want to come home, we will be booking again 5 stars

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nathan A

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled you had a fantastic time. I am pleased your caravan was pristine; redwood retreat is a lovely quiet area and great access to the beach. It’s brilliant you will be booking again, you are more than welcome to give me a call for a quote on 01472 813395 and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have just got back from a 4 day break. We stayed in a prestige caravan which was only a year old and was beautiful, clean and comfy. We were located quite far from the complex but we didn't mind as it was quiet and free of traffic. After making some friends my children played safely outside. I didn't let them play out after 8 nor did they make too much noise but this didn't stop a grumpy old lady having a go at them. Its a family park so don't go if you have a problem with seeing children enjoying themselves!!!! All the staff were friendly, happy and willing to ensure you have a good time! The sport staff were encouraging and wanted you to get the most out of the activities. Food and drinks were good and reasonably priced. I suggest you buy activity passes in advance as this makes them better value, my children took part in most things!!! Evening entertainment was great but as the weather was so good we didnt really take part in the daytime kids clubs. The nearby resort and beach were clean and not too busy. A day in Pleasure Island is a good idea. A few negatives that Haven need to address..... so many of the locks in the pool changing rooms were broken. There is a lovely outdoor seating area, we couldn't use it because as a family of asthmatics it is full of smokers and due to the umbrellas its far too smoky. As the doors were open this also drifted into the cafe bar where the pool tables are so we couldn't use them either. I am glad though that e cigs were not allowed indoors!! Some people also insisted on changing nappies on the floor in the complex despite plenty of baby changing facilities.... disscusting!!! There is a multi sports pitch that is in terrible condition, There is far to much loose gravel to play any kind of sports. It is also dangerous, my son slipped and severley grazed his knee, side and palm of his hand. It took us a long time to get all the gravel out of his wounds. Secondly he cut the other knee on a sharp edge in the pool. Both accidents required first aid which I have to say was fantastically delivered, but these accident could have been avoided if areas were better maintained. There was one life guard that seemed to have it in for my boys. Firstly he, while standing next to my son blew his whistle and said " I have warned you twice, do it again and I'm going to kick you out" We had only been in 2 minutes and I did not see him do anything he shouldn't! The next day while playing on the indoor slide they were told they could only have 1 more go. We thought they must be closing it but it remained open. The pool was not busy so we cannot understand why they were told this! As my 10 year old is Autistic he enjoys repetition and trying to explain to him he couldnt go back on the slide was distressing. He also finds loud noises such as whistles and strangers telling him off, especially when he has done nothing wrong very upsetting and it took us a lot of encouragement to get him back in the pool! Some training needed for this particular member of staff needed. The rest of the staff very good. Overall a great holiday and we will go back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hazlehurst5
Dear Hazlehurst5

Thank you for your review. I am pleased your accommodation was beautiful, clean and comfy. Our park is a great place for children to make new friends and I am pleased they were able to play safely outside.

I am glad the team on site were friendly and happy, that’ what we like to hear from our guests. Here at Thorpe we want our guests to get the most out of their holiday and I am thrilled the sports team ensured you got the most out of the activities.

I hope you had a great day at Pleasure Island. It is a fantastic location right next to our park and I hope you got some great discounts for them, from us in reception.

I am sorry to hear your son hurt himself on our multi sports pitch, our sports and leisure manager is in the process of planning changes for this and has requested to improve this area to our head office team. I hope he is feeling much better. I have passed on your comments about the team member in the swimming pool and the team will be spoken to.
I hope you will return to us again for another great holiday.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We've just come back from spending 4 hot sunshine filled days at haven park. We'd already picked up a last minute bargain but after getting there we'd realised we'd been upgraded to a better caravan. The caravan was very spacious, two toilets which was handy with having two small girls. It was spotless cannot complain about the cleanliness at all. Had everything we needed I was so impressed with it. Will put me off getting a standard next time because this was lovely. As I expected the shop on site was incredibly expensive and overpriced but you get that everywhere so we went prepared anyway. The arcades and evening entertainment were brill. My two and a half year old daughter became obsessed with one of the fun stars she wouldn't leave the poor man alone. I'm not sure of his name but he's the one that wears the yellow glasses. He was so patient and kind with her, she followed him anywhere and bugged the life out of him one night! There all so good with the kids. The pool was a bit of a let down as the lazy river and a couple of slides outside were shut we found it a little boring. It's a little far from cleethorpes centre but we stopped at the complex at night anyway. We went to the little beach just off the site. We was on the outskirts of the park which was a 15 minutes walk but feeding the ducks and geese half way there entertained the girls every day.As a family we all thoroughly enjoyed it but sad now the holiday blues have kicked in. Thank you!

Dear CURLYTOPS2011

Thank you for your wonderful review. It sounds like your holiday was during the perfect weather we had and I’m thrilled you managed to get a last minute bargain with a great, clean caravan.

Thank you for your kind words about the entertainment being brill, sounds like your daughter took a real shine to one of our funstars and I have passed on your review to the team. I am sorry to hear you weren’t able to enjoy the pool that much; the slides will only open if the temperature is above 15 degrees. We have many resident geese and ducks on site that enjoy the company of our guests especially if you have food and I am glad your girls were entertained by something we love to offer our guests.

I hope you have gotten over the holiday blues and I hope to welcome you all back soon for a more enjoyable holiday.

Kind regards,

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived on a saturday when there was a festival about a mile or so away and the music was very loud. these events take place every couple of weeks so be aware. After that though was lovely and peaceful apart from the traffic on the main road access and the usual late night revellers coming back from the complex. However this would be because were were in Cedar Park 16 next to the access. I Would advise if you are a light sleeper you ask for something a little away from the access. Caravan was lovely, we had booked a prestige and we were not disappointed. Clean and fresh looking. Cleethorpes is ok but if you want a nice day out go to Lincoln and the cathedral. Really enjoyed our first caravan holiday and cant wait to try another.

• Stayed June 2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Tara R

It is fantastic to hear you really enjoyed your first caravan holiday. I am sorry that you were close to the main road but I am pleased you were delighted with your caravan. Lincoln is a lovely city and the cathedral is very large, I’m glad you had a nice day out. I hope you will enjoy your next caravan holiday and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Tipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Beautiful settings very clean modern and comfy caravans loads for everyone to do think we loved it as much as the kids and the staff abd manager were so helpful especially after the nightmare journey we had they even moved us closer to reception and gave some complimentary high chairs and cots for our baby will be returning very soon

Dear nessperks7

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is a pleasure to hear you found our park to be a beautiful setting and your caravan to be comfy. That is the service we love to hear we provide our guests, I’m sorry you had a nightmare journey getting to us; I hope your car has been fixed now. Darren, the manager would like to thank you for the praise, we are thrilled we were able to move you closer to the complex and make your stay most enjoyable. We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went with our daughter and 2 and a half year old grandson, we had a wonderful time and our grandson kept saying WOW to every new thing he came across, really was a special camp. Coming from Lancashire its either motorway or dual carriageway for over 95% of the travelling.

Dear maurice H

Thank you for your review. It’s lovely to hear your grandson was amazed at every new thing he came across, a simple pleasure we at Haven want to offer and I am thrilled you all had a wonderful time. Sounds like an easy drive to our park for you and I hope you will be driving back to us again soon.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 8 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!