“Great little break”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having stayed recently on this park i must say we had an enjoyable time for the whole of the 4 days, staff were polite and helpful and the park itself was very clean, our accommodation was excellent, although our location was a bit of a distance to the complex it's only a 10 minute walk.

We ate in the Mash & Barrel twice but on the second occasion when i got my steak and stout pie and cut it open to find nothing in it lol, this is not a complaint because i actually found it amusing, the young girl immediately apologised and offered me another but i chose the gammon steak instead which was lovely.

I don't really understand some of the complaints about this site because we all really enjoyed ourselves, ok some things are a little pricey but show me a holiday camp that isn't and to tell you the truth i found the food reasonably priced and you have the option to cook in your caravan if you want it cheaper.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the team who made our holiday what it was and we will certainly be returning next July.

Regards Mark, Lea, Ashleigh & Jade

2  Thank mark_1067
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Mark, Lea, Ashleigh & Jade

Thank you ever so much for your review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time and was allocated excellent accommodation. It is always fantastic to hear our team on site were polite and helpful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views of what we have to offer. I am sorry to hear your steak and stout pie was missing the steak and stout, however I am delighted that the team were able to immediately offer you gammon, which I am pleased, was lovely. I look forward to welcoming you back next year, please give me a call and I will be happy to get you a quote on 01472 813395.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been to many haven sites over the years and one in particular almost made me vow never to go back again however I'm so glad I tried Thorpe Park as it's changed my opinion.

Thorpe Park is huge, right on the beach and so much around for holiday makers. Even if you don't leave the park, you will be kept occupied by a great team of staff and so many activities to chose from.

Plenty of food and drink options if you don't want to cook if you do there are two spa shops on site selling everything you need including Costa Coffee takeouts!

I think some Haven sites are awful, but not this one!

Room Tip: If you struggle with walking, request a caravan close to amenities as the park is vast and being tuc...
2  Thank Gaynor R

Dear Gaynor R

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted you came back to a Haven and our park was able to restore your faith in Haven and in us. Our park is one of the largest and is a great location to access the beach, right on our doorstep. I am thrilled that you were kept occupied with many activities and even more pleased that that you found the team on park to be great. I really appreciate you informing potential guests of your recent stay with all that we have to offer. I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The kids had a fantastic holiday, the caravan we stayed in was a deluxe, it was lovely and provided everything we needed, there was quite a lot of long black hairs around on the floor though, and although it seemed pretty clean, there were parts of the bathroom which really needed a scrub. The other criticism i have is the crazy golf course in the entertainment complex. The lovely fella charged us £12 for a family ticket, but it was very disappointing, one of my childrens golf balls got stuck in an octopus we had to physically lift and tilt it ourselves to get it out, and the last 3/4 holes were a mess, the attractions from them had clearly been taken away and left in place was either piles of rubble or tarmac! The golf course should be free until that's rectified.
The pool was lovely, the activities were good, the entertainment while we were there was good ricky k the comedian and pudsey bear, the funstars were good although they talked to each other a hell of a lot on stage during the dancing.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Lauraharp80

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased your children had a fantastic holiday. I am sorry to hear of some cleanliness issues in your accommodation but I am pleased it was lovely and provided everything you needed despite that. We never expect our guests to clean the caravans and will always send a member of our housekeeping down to rectify any issue. The miniature golf course is having maintenance work and I am sorry that this affected your activity. I’m glad that the activities and entertainment were good. It was great to have Pudsey Bear with us on park for children in need and I’m glad Ricky was good, I am sorry you found the Funstars to be talking a lot, I will let the entertainment manager know to make sure this is resolved. I hope you will return to us again in the future where I’m sure your stay will be even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returned from a Monday to Friday break at Thorpe Park and must say I was pleasantly surprised. From the moment we arrived at reception to the moment we left, every single member of staff that we spoke to was lovely, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Everybody seems to work really hard.

The park was clean and tidy and our caravan was spotless when we arrived, the bed was a bit uncomfortable so didn't really sleep to good, but that's hardly a major problem.

We really enjoyed the rock show that was on in the live bar on Monday night, and the entertainment staff for the kids was brilliant for them, we didn't take kids, but I'm sure they would've loved it if we had. We chose a week where we knew all the kids would be at school so it wasn't to busy and we always managed to find somewhere to sit, we will do that again next time.

We had a go on the archery practice and target shooting on the Thursday and Dan (I think the instructors name was) was very good making sure everyone followed the safety procedures and was particularly good with me as I have a medical condition which means I have no feeling in my hands, but he was patient and helped me when I needed it.

We will definitely go to another Haven park in the future. Keep up the good work guys

Room Tip: If you're not going in a car ask for a room close to the facilities as the park is massive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie D

Dear Natalie D

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear you were pleasantly surprised with your first Haven experience, and thank you for choosing our park. It is great to hear every team member you spoke to was lovely; they all work very hard and I am pleased that this shows.
I am glad you were pleased with your caravan, I am sorry to hear you didn’t sleep too well.
The rock show is great entertainment and I’m glad you enjoyed it. Archery and target shooting is a lot of fun, I have passed your kind words to Dan who was most pleased. Dan is a fantastic host; he hosted the session for the reception team and is a great instructor for these activities. I hope you will return to us again in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back in the hope that you do.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked a holiday through the sun newspaper and haven. On check in treated like royalty and made very welcome, finding out that we had been upgraded. The staff were helpful at all times. We checked in to a clean caravan and it was spacious close to the entertainment centre. Which we made the most off. The swimming pool was clean and warm. Now home looking forward to next holiday there next year.

Dear Rene P

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear the reception team made you feel like royalty and were very welcoming. The team on park work extremely hard, I am delighted to hear they were helpful at all times. I am pleased your caravan was lovely and in a great location for you close to the complex. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have just returned from a Friday to Monday holiday at Thorpe Park. We have visited this site 7 times with grandchildren of various ages and are due back again in August. It is far superior to those on the Yorkshire coast which we have also visited in the past. The beach acess also puts it above the others. Thorpe Park is the only Haven site we would come back to.

Every member of staff we had contact with was smiling, helpful and efficent. This is the first time our 4 year old granddaughter has been, so her mum and dad came too. She absolutely loved it and wants to come back. Our caravan was prestige and in a lovely location within walking distance of the complex. As we had 1 double and 2 twin bedrooms for 4 adults and a child we did find the twin beds very small for 2 adults, and the 2nd toilet was nearly impossible to fit in.

The only negative comment I would make is that of the cleaners leaving cigarette butts near the caravans. We assumed those next to our steps had been left by the previous occupants, but watching the cleaners waiting to start work in the area on Monday morning it was obvious who the real culprits were.

Room Tip: It is a huge site, so if you don't want to drive to the main complex all the time, mention this...
1  Thank GoolieEastYorkshire
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear GoolieEastYorkshire

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that every team member was smiling and helpful.
I am glad to hear your caravan was lovely and in great walking distance to the complex. I am sorry to hear about the cleaners, I have spoken to the accommodation manager regarding this and will speak to her team to ensure this does not happen again.
I am thrilled your granddaughter loved it here and wants to come back; I am even more delighted you are coming back again in August. The beach access is a great aspect of our site and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for an even more enjoyable holiday.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just returned from a Friday to Monday break at Thorpe Haven Park Cleethorpes. Went with my four year old daughter, my friend and her four year old daughter.

Check In - Arrived at 15.15pm and as we had booked deluxe plus the caravan was available. Everyone on the check in desk was smiley and friendly. Booked in by Mark who was lovely and when he showed me where our van was allocated, I explained that our daughters were 4 years old and though they were too big for pushchairs, still had little legs and did he have anything a bit nearer to the complex. We were originally allocated Cedar Brook, but Mark changed us to Waterside which was a little nearer, with no fuss whatsoever. Fantastic customer service skills!

Caravan - Have been on a number of caravan holidays and know how cold they can be on a night. Have stayed in August and still had to have the heating on, so with this in mind booked the deluxe plus so we had heaters in the bedroom (as it turned out the weather has been fantastic so only needed to put the fire on in the room when we got in on a night to air through). Stayed on Waterside which was about a ten minute walk with two 4 year olds to the complex (adults on their own probably 5). A beautiful quiet location very close to a fishing lake with lots of ducks and swans. The caravan itself was brand new, 3 bedrooms, 2 toilets and very spacious. Have never had a caravan with such a big shower room. Very clean, had no problems with housekeeping at all. We were on a little one way road off the main one so the girls could use their scooters within set boundaries and we knew they were completely safe ( while keeping one eye on them!).

Site and Complex - I have stayed at Haven Primrose Valley and Reighton Sands, while my husband has stayed on his own with our daughter at Golden Sands and Blue Dolphin. Can only comment on the first two but this is definitely my favourite. Did not get to see the whole site as only there for a long weekend but the lay out of the complex is so child friendly. Everything is set out in one place where as a parent you can see your child at all times, so allowing parents to relax and have a bit of a break too. What I really liked, and what I have not found at the other sites is that the soft play area is located in the Mash & Barrel pub (they are usually found in the arcade) which allowed us Mums to relax and have a cheeky glass of vino after the funstars entertainment. The main room where the night time entertainment is situated is a great layout to keep an eye on your little ones, but this was a quiet weekend and while we always managed to find a good seat to watch our girls, I can only imagine in peak season it will be a different story? Have never been to a site where the Funstars look to be enjoying their selves so much! Their energy and general love of their job really showed! Well done guys, keep up the good work! Loved the fact that you could take food from the site eateries ( standard Burger King, Fish n Co, Pappa Johns) in all area's of the complex so could sit in the main entertainment area, nip and get a take away and eat it at your table with a drink of your choice. My friend took the girls swimming and all had a great time. The main pool is small ( I am comparing this to Butlins Skegness) the lazy river and big slides were open, but as my friend was with the girls on her own could not quite manage it but it did look really good. Had lots of sunbeds outside so I bet a lot of people this weekend have closed their eyes and thought they were abroad!

Out and About - We had a lovely meal on Saturday afternoon at the Wellow hotel ( Hungry Horse chain) which is situated about 1 mile out of the site. Bouncy castles for the kids and situated on a shopping outlet which includes a cinema, bowling alley, McDonalds etc, Drove in to Cleethorpes on Sunday. £5 to park for 4 hours or over. Although the town is quite small, we found it adequate for the girls, very clean and the beach was beautifully clean.

Overall - This is a review on the site and facilities and not a review on the clientele as I believe trip adviser is not a judgement on this, but a view on what to expect as a establishment. If you have a view on the people staying at holiday parks like this, maybe you should be going to Centre Parks?

Thanks Haven, did what it said on the tin! What more do we want!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank googiewithers
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear googiewithers

Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you got to enjoy many aspects of what we have to offer here at Thorpe Park.

I am delighted that Mark was lovely and dealt with you extremely well when re-allocating you closer; I have passed your review to him who expressed his warm gratitude for your kind words.
We have had some fantastic weather which is always a bonus this time of year. Waterside is a beautiful location, as are many other areas on our site. It is a very popular area for ducks and swans staying on our site.

I am thrilled that we are your favourite; I am even more delighted you found our complex and park to be child friendly and safe.

The Funstars were overjoyed by your kind words; they work extremely hard and would like to thank you for your compliments.

I have very much enjoyed reading your review and your holiday experience, I hope your girls enjoyed themselves and I hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Jessica Dale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#4 of 7 in Cleethorpes
The St. James Hotel Grimsby

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!