“Complex needs to be bigger to cope.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Complex needs to be bigger to cope.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend Thorpe park if going off peak as its complex is not the biggest. The show bar was always very busy and seats where scarce so in high season unless you went out very early you wouldn't have a chance of a seat. When getting your drink please check your glasses are clean as we found they where often very dirty and had to be returned to the bar.
Drinks are expensive, but this is nothing out of the norm for Haven.
Food is also expensive and even though we went off peak, found we where waiting a long time for our food. Much cheaper to eat off site. Exit the site and turn left for the trawler man on the right. It does a fab carvery for just £3.99. There's another bar further up on the right which has lager for just £2.10 a pint and the foods great there also.
Havens food is mostly ding food. That's food done in a microwave. Although the bacon and egg sandwich was very nice.
The arcade is also very small so again in high season you might be lucky to get on a machine. Nearly all the fruit machines are 10p play and above. I failed to find any 2p or 5p machines apart from the 2 penny falls which get pretty boring after a while. Oh and watch out for the fruit machines that only pay out in tickets and not cash. It caught me out, but I gave the tickets to someone for there kid as I had no children with me.
The site its self is massive and very clean. Our caravan was a prestige caravan, which was nice but the shower room was very small, and that's not because I'm big, because I'm not. The shower its self was very nice. The problem was the amount of room between the shower screen and the sink. I struggled to get a shave without hitting my backside on the screen every time I bent over to look in the mirror. But other than that, the caravan was great.
We found most of the staff to be very friendly apart from 2 members who succeeded in ruining one part of our holiday, but that's a complaint that is presently being dealt with by Haven. It did put a damper on our holiday, but we won't stop us using Haven again in the future.
On the day we where due to go home we noticed all the cleaning staff congregating outside the caravans waiting fir everyone to vacate so as they could get in and start cleaning. Made me feel a bit like they where saying, here's your hat here's your coat now hurry up and clear off. You have to be out of your caravan by 10am but I think the cleaning staff congregating from around 8.30am is a but much. I don't think they should be around before at least 9.30.
Overall this is a good site but more suited to people who aren't fussed about the size of the complex. If you are intending to go during leak season I would suggest another site like a Golden sands in Mablethorpe, it's much bigger.
I hope my review was helpful, and thanks for reading it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Imanhonestreviewer
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Imanhonestreviewer
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you found it hard to get a seat in the showbar, the cafebar and showbar together can accomodate everyone on park, and during certain entertainment shows I understand it can get quite busy in the showbar, this is something we are looking at expanding in the near future. I am sorry you were waiting a while for your food I hope the cafebar was not too busy during this time and that the team apologised for the wait. The Trawlerman is a lovely pub with a great value carvery. We are one of the largest Haven parks for plenty of exploring and adventure. I hope you didn’t struggle too much with the amount of room between the shower and sink. The spaces in these caravans aren’t the same as a hotel. I am sorry to hear two members of staff were not as friendly as the rest of the team on park, I find this very saddening but I am pleased this is being dealt with. I have forwarded your concerns regarding the housekeeping team to the accommodation manager and can assure you this is being taken care off as to not happen again. I hope we will welcome you back again soon.
Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Thorpe Park was an excellent site and we had a great time. The crazy golf needs some serious attention and is particularly run down. I am surprised that this was not resolved during the close season and really lets down the enclosed play area. Other than that, it really is a lovely park, great dog walking locations and the caravans were excellent (even the standard ones as we had the dog with us).

Cleethorpes was a nice place too (suprisingly as the drive in wasnt very welcoming) and a great day out!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Fifetraveller21
Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that you found our park an excellent site and I am delighted to hear you had a great time. I am sorry the crazy golf was not fixed during your stay; some of the figures had to be taken to be repaired due to damage that recently occurred. We want to be a dog friendly park and with plenty of walking locations we hope we achieve this. I am sorry to hear your drive in to Cleethorpes was not very welcoming but I hope when your check-in experience was welcoming. I hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having stayed recently on this park i must say we had an enjoyable time for the whole of the 4 days, staff were polite and helpful and the park itself was very clean, our accommodation was excellent, although our location was a bit of a distance to the complex it's only a 10 minute walk.

We ate in the Mash & Barrel twice but on the second occasion when i got my steak and stout pie and cut it open to find nothing in it lol, this is not a complaint because i actually found it amusing, the young girl immediately apologised and offered me another but i chose the gammon steak instead which was lovely.

I don't really understand some of the complaints about this site because we all really enjoyed ourselves, ok some things are a little pricey but show me a holiday camp that isn't and to tell you the truth i found the food reasonably priced and you have the option to cook in your caravan if you want it cheaper.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the team who made our holiday what it was and we will certainly be returning next July.

Regards Mark, Lea, Ashleigh & Jade

2 Thank mark_1067
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Mark, Lea, Ashleigh & Jade

Thank you ever so much for your review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time and was allocated excellent accommodation. It is always fantastic to hear our team on site were polite and helpful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views of what we have to offer. I am sorry to hear your steak and stout pie was missing the steak and stout, however I am delighted that the team were able to immediately offer you gammon, which I am pleased, was lovely. I look forward to welcoming you back next year, please give me a call and I will be happy to get you a quote on 01472 813395.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been to many haven sites over the years and one in particular almost made me vow never to go back again however I'm so glad I tried Thorpe Park as it's changed my opinion.

Thorpe Park is huge, right on the beach and so much around for holiday makers. Even if you don't leave the park, you will be kept occupied by a great team of staff and so many activities to chose from.

Plenty of food and drink options if you don't want to cook if you do there are two spa shops on site selling everything you need including Costa Coffee takeouts!

I think some Haven sites are awful, but not this one!

Room Tip: If you struggle with walking, request a caravan close to amenities as the park is vast and being tuc...
2 Thank Gaynor R
Dear Gaynor R

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted you came back to a Haven and our park was able to restore your faith in Haven and in us. Our park is one of the largest and is a great location to access the beach, right on our doorstep. I am thrilled that you were kept occupied with many activities and even more pleased that that you found the team on park to be great. I really appreciate you informing potential guests of your recent stay with all that we have to offer. I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Wrexham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The kids had a fantastic holiday, the caravan we stayed in was a deluxe, it was lovely and provided everything we needed, there was quite a lot of long black hairs around on the floor though, and although it seemed pretty clean, there were parts of the bathroom which really needed a scrub. The other criticism i have is the crazy golf course in the entertainment complex. The lovely fella charged us £12 for a family ticket, but it was very disappointing, one of my childrens golf balls got stuck in an octopus we had to physically lift and tilt it ourselves to get it out, and the last 3/4 holes were a mess, the attractions from them had clearly been taken away and left in place was either piles of rubble or tarmac! The golf course should be free until that's rectified.
The pool was lovely, the activities were good, the entertainment while we were there was good ricky k the comedian and pudsey bear, the funstars were good although they talked to each other a hell of a lot on stage during the dancing.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Lauraharp80

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased your children had a fantastic holiday. I am sorry to hear of some cleanliness issues in your accommodation but I am pleased it was lovely and provided everything you needed despite that. We never expect our guests to clean the caravans and will always send a member of our housekeeping down to rectify any issue. The miniature golf course is having maintenance work and I am sorry that this affected your activity. I’m glad that the activities and entertainment were good. It was great to have Pudsey Bear with us on park for children in need and I’m glad Ricky was good, I am sorry you found the Funstars to be talking a lot, I will let the entertainment manager know to make sure this is resolved. I hope you will return to us again in the future where I’m sure your stay will be even more enjoyable.

Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returned from a Monday to Friday break at Thorpe Park and must say I was pleasantly surprised. From the moment we arrived at reception to the moment we left, every single member of staff that we spoke to was lovely, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Everybody seems to work really hard.

The park was clean and tidy and our caravan was spotless when we arrived, the bed was a bit uncomfortable so didn't really sleep to good, but that's hardly a major problem.

We really enjoyed the rock show that was on in the live bar on Monday night, and the entertainment staff for the kids was brilliant for them, we didn't take kids, but I'm sure they would've loved it if we had. We chose a week where we knew all the kids would be at school so it wasn't to busy and we always managed to find somewhere to sit, we will do that again next time.

We had a go on the archery practice and target shooting on the Thursday and Dan (I think the instructors name was) was very good making sure everyone followed the safety procedures and was particularly good with me as I have a medical condition which means I have no feeling in my hands, but he was patient and helped me when I needed it.

We will definitely go to another Haven park in the future. Keep up the good work guys

Room Tip: If you're not going in a car ask for a room close to the facilities as the park is massive.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie D
Dear Natalie D

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear you were pleasantly surprised with your first Haven experience, and thank you for choosing our park. It is great to hear every team member you spoke to was lovely; they all work very hard and I am pleased that this shows.
I am glad you were pleased with your caravan, I am sorry to hear you didn’t sleep too well.
The rock show is great entertainment and I’m glad you enjoyed it. Archery and target shooting is a lot of fun, I have passed your kind words to Dan who was most pleased. Dan is a fantastic host; he hosted the session for the reception team and is a great instructor for these activities. I hope you will return to us again in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back in the hope that you do.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked a holiday through the sun newspaper and haven. On check in treated like royalty and made very welcome, finding out that we had been upgraded. The staff were helpful at all times. We checked in to a clean caravan and it was spacious close to the entertainment centre. Which we made the most off. The swimming pool was clean and warm. Now home looking forward to next holiday there next year.

Dear Rene P

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear the reception team made you feel like royalty and were very welcoming. The team on park work extremely hard, I am delighted to hear they were helpful at all times. I am pleased your caravan was lovely and in a great location for you close to the complex. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!