“Nice get away” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
“Nice get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoy a week here lots to do and a great beach near by, and the food was great!

my one problem was that there was no phone signal anyway apart from the beach, I would have no bars to 2 bar throughout the site, this needs to be fixed!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Jamiemce

I am thrilled you have had a nice get away. I am pleased you had lots to do with our beach right on our doorstep and I am delighted to hear the food was great. It is difficult to get signal round here due to the strength of broadband in the area. I hope this wasn’t too much inconvenience for you and I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend camping trip at Thorpe Park. We have been many times before in a caravan but this was our first experience camping.
The pitch was flat, area was clean and tidy and free from litter. The shower fascilities were clean and the shower was lovely and warm at all times. There was a washing-up area for pots and a tap for fresh water. The amenities are excellent for kids of all ages, plenty to keep us occupied through the thunder storms.
The only downfall was I felt it was slightly overpriced for a non-electric pitch, you do get your passes in the price but once into the aqua bar area only the swimming is free and all other rides/ activities have to be paid for! That is our only complaint but despite this we will definitely visit again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kezzer2013
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Kezzer2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear your first camping trip to our park was great fun. The team on park work hard to provide a clean and tidy park and I am pleased that the facilities were kept to the high standard we like to achieve. We have had some excellent weather until the thunder storm that suddenly happened and I am thrilled you had plenty to keep you occupied. I am sorry to hear about how you feel regarding the price, but despite that I am delighted you will return again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back from the best UK holiday we've ever had! Stayed at several other Havens, Pontins and Park resorts and this was the best by an absolute mile! We stayed in Prestige accommodation which was very very nice, lovely and clean, very modern and spacious and even had an ensuite! Loved the pool area including splash zone and flumes, lazy river etc. We did several activities, archery, bungee trampoline, water walkerz, adventure golf, mini pool party, neds party and also watched pantomime, punch and judy show and wrestling which were all no additional cost and were very good particularly the cinders panto. We sampled the breakfast, lunch and dinner menu all of which were tasty and reasonably priced particularly the eat between 3-5pm deal and receive 25% off. Funstars were great, special mention to Amy and Becki who just always look and sound so enthusiastic and happy. Loved the free train that goes around the site so you can have a nice ride around the whole camp. Just a few little points for improvement now. 1) put in a gate on the green near reception/the play park to make an easier through route to complex from Long beach (where we stayed) 2) provide leaflets for local area, it was only by chance I got a coupon for pleasure island next door which saved me £19.50 it would be great if these were handed out at check in, provide more sunbeds in outdoor pool area and ensure it is vacated before 2pm to allow the afternoon pool users to be in with a chance of getting a sunbed. Excellent camp, excellent customer service and would highly recommend. Thanks Haven.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nicola C
Dear Nicola C
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you have just arrived back from the best UK holiday you have ever had, it is such a pleasure to read you were pleased with your accommodation and our facilities on site. With the lovely heat wave we are experiencing lately the outside pool, slides and splash zone are great fun. Archery is my favourite activity and I am pleased you enjoyed many activities we have to offer. I have passed your special mention to Amy and Becki who were thrilled to receive your kind words. The train is a great added bonus to travel round park during the day to hop on and hop off whenever you please.
Thank you for your suggestions to improve our park, I have passed your comments to the head of departments. We have many different leaflets and offers in reception for places in our area which you are more than welcome to ask for when you are on park.
I am thrilled to read you would highly recommend us and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 4 nights at Thorpe Park our first caravan break with our 3 year old son. We had a Superior van in Waterside which was ideal. Van was very clean and tidy on arrival and we were able to get in 2 hours before we thought so no hanging around waiting. Our Son loved being in the caravan and its location by a small lake was lovely and attracted the ducks which kept him entertained for hours. Complex was about a 10 minute walk and though at 3 years old our son was not really interested in the daytime activities there is plenty to keep the kids happy and he loved the pool and small soft play area...and of course the evening entertainment. Food was a little pricey which is to be expected but definitely worth it, no complaints! All in all a fabulous 4 days, this was our first Haven break and if all parks are as good as Thorpe it will definitely not be our last!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jann1979
Dear Jann1979
Thank you for leaving us a review of your recent stay. How nice it is to hear your stay with us was perfect. I am pleased your accommodation was clean and even better that you were able to get in 2 hours earlier. The local residential ducks are a great aspect; I am pleased they kept your son entertained, one of the natural experiences we love to offer at Haven. I believe we have lots to offer whether you’re on or off park. I’m glad you had a fabulous first haven experience and I hope to welcome you back again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for clean, modern facilities then head somewhere else. If however you're in the market for a terrible experience and want a filthy and dilapidated caravan site with facilities that are so run down they look like they belong at Pripyat (Chernobyl), this is the place to come...

Let's start with the caravan... It was supposedly a prestige model that sleeps 8 with a pullout double bed. The double bed was in fact a single and the park couldn't care less that we couldn't sleep the advertised occupancy. The caravan itself was so dirty that the dust caused severe nosebleeds for days afterwards.

The hundreds of cigarette butts littering the our plot were certainly a lovely feature and not at all a let down compared to the beautifully sculpted gardens at other haven sites.

The lack of street lighting or walkways seems to be a feature of this park, with the 'entertainment' complex (which would be inadequate for a park 1/3 this size) over 3/4 mile from some of the caravans, the only entertainment you will have is dodging cars that race past in the dark and the dog muck that litters the verges...

I've never seen an indoor swimming pool so full of green slime and broken sharp tiles, disgusting. We spent less than an hour in here before moving on for the safety of our two year old son.

Be warned if you do visit the amusement arcade on site. The machines have a habit of swallowing £1 coins and not working. With the staff being no more helpful than shrugging their shoulders. Also watch out for the change machines as around 1/5 of what they give out seems to be counterfeit.

All in all this was one of the worst holiday experiences our family has had in recent years. It is the complete opposite of our recent fantastic stay at Hafan Y Mor in Wales.

To the management: do not reply with your typical copy & paste response about how you have passed on our comments. You have already admitted there is a problem with the park in writing. So actually do something about your dilapidated complex!
Your facilities are years out of date, for example - other sites have complex-wide WiFi access. Yours has occasional WiFi in a single building.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mathew M
Dear Mathew M
Thank you for your review. I’m really sorry for the issues you found with your accommodation. Your holiday home should be prepared to the highest standard before your arrival and our Accommodation Manager has asked that I send you her personal apology for the problems encountered. I trust that you have been in touch with our Customer Care Team about your stay in order that we can have a full report and take any action necessary to prevent this from happening again. I also know that any complaint is followed up in writing. I was saddened to read of your experience with the team in the arcades and do not feel this is acceptable and I wish you had brought this to our attention when you were on site. We do not have WIFI on our park due to the broadband signal in the area, but it is something we are working towards. If you wish to discuss this further you are more than welcome to contact myself, please e-mail me on Jessica.Dale@bourne-leisure.co.uk or call me direct on 01472 813395. I believe the points you have raised need to be investigated into. I am sincerely sorry to read this is not the holiday we want our guests to have.
Jedburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The caravan was one of the best Iv ever had .very clean, the park is one if the biggest Iv even been too very clean and well laid out lots to see and do with miles of beaches fish ponds and even a small theme park at the entrance, the outdoor pool and crazy golf is fun as well all the family had a blast the main bar is very busy and extremely hot but lots of seating out side and a very large second bar the mash will be going back next year

Stayed July 2014
Dear Max surf
Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear that your accommodation was one of the best you have ever had. Our park is one of the largest; I am pleased you found it well layed out, with all that we have to offer like the beach right on our doorstep and beautiful fishing lakes. With this lovely heat wave we are having at the moment the outdoor slides are great fun and it’s great to hear your family had a blast; I look forward to welcome you back next year. You are more than welcome to call me for a quote on 01472 813395.
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We spent a week at Thorpe Park with my partners 5 year old in mid July and we absolutely loved it. Don't get me wrong, you don't book a week on a Haven park in the school holidays if you're after a quiet, relaxing holiday where you don't have to spend money but we went there knowing full well we would have to pay for the extra activities etc.
We stayed in a prestige caravan and paid for a new 2014 model and it was lovely, more than enough space for the 3 of us and when joined by my dad also for a couple of nights the sofa bed was a great addition. 2 toilets - 1 off the main bedroom - was a nice surprise. We were in Waterside which was only a 5 min walk from the main complex but quiet enough to not hear any of the noise late at night, right next to a lovely lake.
The park itself has everything needed to keep kids entertained - although everywhere was busy we didn't have to book sessions for the pool and the food service in the evening in the main bar area was great - good food and fast friendly service despite the number of customers. It was loud, and busy but that is all par for the course at this time of year! The staff on the park were all fantastic - the little one went to the mini pool party on a few nights and the staff made it brilliant fun for the kids. There's plenty of lifeguards inside and out during the day and it does feel very safe. The outdoor slides and lazy river were great. Although not spotless, the changing facilities and pool area were as clean as they could be with that much traffic passing through! We didn't have to wait for cubicles and lockers but I'd heard that sometimes you do. We made use of adventure golf, the water walkers, buggies etc none of which had to be booked in advance.
The beach is fantastic and if you're blessed with as good weather as we were then its a great place to be. Sandy, long, loads of space and accessible straight from the park.
If there was any negatives literally the only thing I could say was that there was a lot of broken machines and games in the arcade and although the staff were always helpful when you could find someone, it seemed they could never put a notice on to say the game was broken so staff were constantly sorting out refunds etc for the same machines every night!
We didn't really make use of the family entertainment in the show bar as it was all a bit late for our little one but it looked like they had a full programme to keep everyone entertained.
All in all a lovely park, fantastic for kids, superb staff - but don't go thinking you can have a cheap holiday when you're there! And prepare yourself for noise, chaos and lots of small children if you go in the holidays! Would definitely return.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Ruthy1977
Dear Ruthy1977
Thank you for your great review, I am thrilled you loved it and that your caravan was lovely too. Waterside is a great location with an easy walk to the complex, with many residential ducks and geese roaming the area. I am delighted to hear you received fast friendly service and that the team on park were fantastic, especially when the team in the pool made the pool party brilliant for the kids. We are glad to hear we provide a safe environment; this is what we like to hear we achieve. We have been blessed with some fantastic weather lately with this heat wave and make the easy beach access a bonus to enjoy. I am sorry to hear there were a few machines broken during your stay in the arcades; I have passed on your comments to the arcade manager. Its great to hear you will definitely return and I look forward to welcoming you.
Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!