“Nice site”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cleethorpes
North Wales
“Nice site”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Booked a 7 day break. Prestige caravan which was exceptional. Modern, very clean and in a quiet location which is what I asked for as we have a son who is autistic.

The park is massive, the reception staff informed me one of the biggest. Very clean, dogs are allowed but no doggy poo which is great. All staff we encountered were helpful, happy and friendly. The security of the site more strict than other haven site we have visited, with staff asking for passes etc which is good.

Other guests kept themselves to themselves- no tattooed women spending their wongo loans here I am pleased to report!!

The pool is definitely a selling point. My kids loved it and it was well managed and very very clean. The only thing I will mention is the restaurant area is used as a changing room with little kiddies in their costumes wrapped in towels. This did put me off ordering a meal but we did enjoy drinks and nachos. I think Haven should address this.

The local area was a bit disappointing but with the free wifi and an ipad we discovered karting and high ropes - no leaflets for these in reception in fact most of the reception leaflets miles away from the camp. Saying that lots to do in the camp and we did spend two days doing activities, you just need to be organised (we are not!) and rich (we definitely are not!). On the whole good value for money and it is a holiday after all. Lovely beaches and playgrounds that are free and the sacred football pitch. Also nice walks past the little chalet village around the site, very quant.

Do spend a day at the theme park right next door. I cant comment on the entertainment as my son cant stand it and its not cool for bigger boys but the "seymoors" show on a Thursday had me in hysterics, I am talking peter Kay and phoenix nights, loved it!! Also opposite parkway cinema is an all you can eat Chinese- put on half a stone yum....

On the whole due to our quality caravan, chilled out atmosphere and nice, friendly staff we had a great time. Nice job Haven. My hubby even wanted to look around the for sale caravans- I dragged him away.......

Room Tip: Get a high standard accommodation- you wont regret it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shellygriffiths
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Shellygriffiths

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear your accommodation was exceptional and very clean. We are one of the biggest parks and all the team on park work hard to keep the site clean and well maintained which I am glad to hear we achieve. I am pleased to hear every staff member was helpful and friendly. The security team may be strict but they provide a great secure and safe atmosphere. Regarding your comments about the restaurant and swimming pool, I have passed your comments through to the sports and leisure manager and complex manager where i am sure this can be addressed.

It sounds like you got to explore the local area, we have many leaflets for areas nearby and discounts especially for Pleasure Island. I would always recommend asking the reception team for fun days out nearby. There is a great karting area with a bridge which is great fun and good value for money.

Seymours is an old venue that we took over after the owner passed away, we have many owners on park who love it there so we keep it open for them. Sounds like you had great fun when you refer to it like phoenix nights, I am pleased you loved it.

I am thrilled you had a great time, it had been a delight to read your review and I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon, if you change your mind on buying one we can always send you an information pack.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We came on a sun paper break so got a good deal we stayed in a standard caravan which was more than what we needed was very clean and had enough space. The site its self is very run down and they seem more bothered about trying to sell their caravans than the guests that are actually on site. Cleethorpes its self is a beautiful place with plenty to do especially if you like walking. I was disgusted at the "go live" entertainment and took my toddler out of it as it was not age appropriate my child loves messy play so was really looking forward to taking her to that only to discover that they had joined the session with the older session which was far to old for a toddler so yet again I had to take my child out of the activity. Overall if your going just to stay in a cheap caravan then its brilliant but if your going for an enetertaining week with staff that smile just go to your local bingo hall x

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank amywwe
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear amywwe

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you were happy with your accommodation; however I am sorry to read about how you feel about our site and the entertainment. We try and aim for all age groups with various different activities for children to take part in. Cleethorpes is a lovely area with plenty to do off and on-site, I think we are a great base to explore the local area. I am very sorry that Thorpe Park was not for you.

stockton
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

just returned from 3 nights with 2 kids and we had a great time. upgrading the caravan is absolutely worth it, we went for the retreat caravan and the sea views, short walk to the beach and the beach hut decor were perfect. lots to do... never a dull moment. caravan immaculate and offered every amenity you could want. we will be back!

Stayed August 2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear lucyRStockton
What a nice review, thank you for taking the time to write it. I am pleased your retreat caravan was lovely with a beautiful view of our beach. Glad you had plenty to do and absolutely loved it, I look forward to seeing you return to us soon.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

just come back from a fri/mon hol with grandkids there,park clean and tidy,everything on there for kids not to expensive either,caravan clean and tidy,staff very friendly shows for kids fabo,little free train around the park which the kids thought was ace,the pool, rapids i could go on and on,cleethorpes its self is amazing,no probs about coming back here again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank crazygit
Dear crazygit
Thank you for leaving us a brilliant review. I am thrilled to read you had a great stay with us and that everything was clean and tidy including your accommodation. Sounds like your grandchildren absolutely loved the little perks like the free train and I am glad you love the area, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Lower Halstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

From the start caravan had to be re cleaned, and this was a Prestige, the best they had, after the inpector checked it again, it was said to be ok, but found dirty used tissues under the twin single room, shower and toilet needed bleaching and cleaning, has pubic hairs and poo on the back of the toilet is not what i expected, yet toilets had SANITISED cards on LMFAO!
The cutlery in the draw, tea spoons were sticky and unwashed, mirrors had fingerprints on all mirrors.
Since our last visit here, it seems the park has had some major staff changes, most were not very polite and seemed to ignore you while having a chat with the owner/privilege card users.
The site itself is normaly spick and span, not anymore, standards have dropped considerably, swimming pool and changing rooms, people dont take there shoes off, so you get grass cuttings and geese poo everywhere, no one enforces the shoes off rules, so the pool gets bits in too, shame, the only really nice people were the ones I remember from previous visits.

I know some owners, and there having bad times too, maybe haven are aiming for worst site and staff ever here? who knows, all I know is, I wont be coming back here again, going to try some other providers off holiday sites, anything related to Bourne is getting a wide berth....

Room Tip: Previous visits here 2013, 2011, Staff, Park and everything was spot on 10 out of 10, July 2014 very...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank James M
Dear James M

I cannot stress enough how sorry we are that you were disappointed with your accommodation during your stay. I am glad that the house keeping team were sent back to your van to rectify any issues however, I am saddened to read how you feel about our site. I assure you that our guest’s feedback, good or negative is of the utmost importance to us and where mistakes are made we are keen to resolve as quickly as possible. My greatest hope is that we could restore your faith in the Haven brand and I can only hope that you will give us that opportunity.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoy a week here lots to do and a great beach near by, and the food was great!

my one problem was that there was no phone signal anyway apart from the beach, I would have no bars to 2 bar throughout the site, this needs to be fixed!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jamiemce

I am thrilled you have had a nice get away. I am pleased you had lots to do with our beach right on our doorstep and I am delighted to hear the food was great. It is difficult to get signal round here due to the strength of broadband in the area. I hope this wasn’t too much inconvenience for you and I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend camping trip at Thorpe Park. We have been many times before in a caravan but this was our first experience camping.
The pitch was flat, area was clean and tidy and free from litter. The shower fascilities were clean and the shower was lovely and warm at all times. There was a washing-up area for pots and a tap for fresh water. The amenities are excellent for kids of all ages, plenty to keep us occupied through the thunder storms.
The only downfall was I felt it was slightly overpriced for a non-electric pitch, you do get your passes in the price but once into the aqua bar area only the swimming is free and all other rides/ activities have to be paid for! That is our only complaint but despite this we will definitely visit again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kezzer2013
Dear Kezzer2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear your first camping trip to our park was great fun. The team on park work hard to provide a clean and tidy park and I am pleased that the facilities were kept to the high standard we like to achieve. We have had some excellent weather until the thunder storm that suddenly happened and I am thrilled you had plenty to keep you occupied. I am sorry to hear about how you feel regarding the price, but despite that I am delighted you will return again.
Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 8 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!