Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
See available hotels
Kings Royal Hotel(Cleethorpes)
Ginnie's(Cleethorpes)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,447 results
All reviewsswimming poolentertainment complexon siteprestige caravanburger kingthe main complexlazy riverevening entertainmentcarousel barpapa johnsgreat holidaycrazy golfwater walkersclimbing wallsoft play areaschool holidayszip wire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a family of two adults and two children, age 2&6. On check in we were given a caravan which was on the edge of the site, a good 20 minute walk from the main attractions area. The receptionist offered to move us closer but as we had brought bikes with us, we were happy to cycle the distance. This is a very large site and I would recommend taking bikes if possible or take up offer of caravan closer to the site centre.
The caravan was clean and well maintained, with everything we needed.
The kids enjoyed going to the beach which was just 2 min walk, as well as the on site facilities - swimming, pottery painting, arcades, football pitch, playground park...
We ate breakfast in the main restaurant on the last day, but found it a little pricy for what you actually got, but the kids were made up to meet the park characters and have pictures taken with them.
The caravan park is ideally located for main attractions in Clethorpes, so always plenty to do. We will defiantly be looking to return and would recommend to friends.

Stayed: July 2014
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear 271lou

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following on from your recent visit to Thorpe Park.

I'm really pleased to hear you had a great stay with us and enjoyed many of the activities and facilities we have to offer. We are a great place to venture off into Cleethorpes and I am pleased you found there was plenty to do. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

few hiccups on arrival did make me wonder what I had let myself in for but this turned out to be a lovely family holiday. just arrived home today exhausted! so much to keep the kids entertained that we didn't get chance to do everything. bought activity passes when booking, sadly wish I hadn't bothered as didn't get to use them as not much choice for a 4 and 5 year old unless they are avid swimmers. luckily there was plenty of other things to keep us busy. the caravan park is very big but plenty of space so didn't feel crowded. will definitely be returning next year!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jenandtayla

Dear jenandtayla

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read you had a few hiccups when you first arrived but I am delighted that it turned out to be a lovely family holiday. I hope you have kept your activity passes as you can use them if you visit another Haven site and use them there by the end of the year. I am pleased there was plenty to keep you occupied. I look forward to welcoming you back next year; you are more than welcome to call me for a quote.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 week at the end of July, booked a new 2014 prestige caravan , was lucky as we were only a short walk from the reception area and entertainment, also near to the fishing lakes. The site is very well laid out with lots of bushes and trees giving the feeling of seclusion. There is a small train that runs around the site that you can use to get around, also the local bus comes right onto site from Cleethorpes which is really good for those less mobile who want to get off the site to do some shopping. There are lots to do on site for children even if its just the pool that they want to spend time playing in . There is a large sandy beach running alongside the park, a footpath runs along the side which takes you into Cleethorpes past the boating lake. A few minutes walk up the road is a pleasure park with lots of breath taking rides as well as the more sedate idling train rides, it can be an expensive day out but you can save money by exchanging your Tesco vouchers before you go.There is a carvery pub near to the park called the trawlerman which is excellent value for money, under £5 a head Monday to Saturday, is advisable to book a table if there is more then 4 of you as it is a busy place, there is also a eat all you can Chinese up the road towards Cleethorpes which is also good value .I must say that I had a good holiday here, can understand other peoples comments as I think one of the biggest problems people experience here is the size of the camp, I was very lucky with my caravans situation,

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank taisonSuffolk

Dear taisonSuffolk

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you had such a great holiday with us and are able to share and pass on the memories to your children. It sounds like you enjoyed all that we have to offer and even the local area, the Trawlerman do a lovely Sunday roast and I agree, great value for money.

I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon, if you want a caravan in a great location again I would recommend requesting a certain area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

sadly the quality of your break here depends totally on where they decide to locate you on the park, and what caravan they give you. don't upgrade as it only means you pay more the caravan we got was terrible (actually worse than others in our group who hadn't upgraded). we recently stayed here and were allocated a caravan at the far end of the park near what can only be described as dilapidated, the caravans near ours were at least 40 years old and covered in algae etc. the park itself is ok although not as clean as on previous stays here staff seemed more intent on having chats with each other and ignoring customers than cleaning tables etc. all in all we had a good time but that was more to do with the group of people we went with not Haven

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank PaulAtkins
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear PaulAtkins
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the location of your accommodation. On our south beach area we have many unserviced caravans which are how the holiday park started, it is the oldest area of our park and are owners. I am saddened to hear about your experience with the team on park and I have passed your comments through to the complex manager regarding this as this is unacceptable. I am sincerely sorry; allocation is done randomly through a computer system, if you have any special requests to be in a certain area we can edit this the best we can with what we have available. I hope you will decide to holiday with us again and if you do you are more than welcome to contact me direct and I can make sure we get you in a lovely location.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family of 5 stayed here for 7days and had a brilliant time,clean ,friendly staff,funstar entertainment was brilliant esp Chris, Amy Lou and raife!!they work so hard very entertaining..our children esp enjoyed the party dances,we've stayed at many haven sites and this is by far the best holiday the lazy river and pool was fantastic,our caravan was beautiful(deluxe plus)many thanks to haven and the funstars for a very memorable holiday we can't wait to come back next year!!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Rachaekmc

Dear Rachaekmc
Thank you for your great review. I am delighted to read you have had a brilliant time here with us. I will pass your lovely comments through to the Funstars and I am sure they will be as pleased as I was to read some lovely praise on how hard they work; even more delighted you have left with some great memories. It’s great to hear we were the best Haven holiday you have had, I look forward to welcoming you back next year to enjoy all that we have to offer.