“It's 2014!!!! Get WIFI!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cleethorpes
Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“It's 2014!!!! Get WIFI!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice park. Nice caravans, nice pool, nice staff, nice bar etc etc etc.

However, there's no excuse, in 2014, to have no wifi at a park like this. The lack of phone signal surely must mean that Haven HAVE to address the wifi & install it for the entire park, not just the pub.

If you need your phone for important issues while you are away then forget it. The 3G signal is awful. It would be immediately rectified if Haven installed park wide wifi, you can still be in contact with the world via WhatsApp, iMessage, Facebook etc.

One instance: I had to phone my wife, I was in the caravan she was in the arcade with the kids. Both phones had no signal. I simply couldn't phone her.

Would 100% recommend this park if they installed wifi but until then, go to a haven where you know you are guaranteed a decent phone signal.

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank 2706mt
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear 2706mt

Thank you for your review. It’s always a pleasure to hear when our guests have a nice time on our park. Some guests enjoy the fact that it can be quite difficult to get phone service during their holiday but I can understand the frustration. We plan on having Wifi all over the park so that it is able to be used in the accommodations; however this is simply due to the broadband strength in the area. It is something that we are looking into for the near future.

I hope this doesn’t stop you from returning to our park; I am delighted you enjoyed our facilities and that our team on site were lovely.

Jessica Dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I booked this as weekend break for my husbands 40th, looking at the swimming pool thought it would be ideal for my two girls aged 4 and 5 and plenty for them to do . first impressions were good I couldn't fault the caravan or cleanliness of it so was looking forward to going to the club house.we got to the swimming pool changing rooms were filthy and this was when the pool had just opened. Once in the pool which was very packed was unsure what I was standing on at times ! We was supprised when we was whistled at by the life guard because we was at the back of the pool your not allowed there if your children can't swim unaided then doors opened to go outside bit my girls had been looking forward to ,again my youngest wasn't allowed in the lazy river because she had a woggle and can't swim unaided although they gave u floats to use whilst going round ???????? So the one thing that was free we couldn't use I fully understand the waterslides have height restrictions but a lazy river ? The evening entertainment was OK but clubhouse was dark and dingy we ended up leaving on the Sunday instead of the Monday as was bored and felt we didn't have endless money to chuck around .

Room Tip: Take wellys with you as if you are put in a caravan near the lakes you'll need them for the endl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank gouldyno1
Dear gouldyno1

I am very sorry that you were disappointed. We never want our guests to feel that way and I wish I got the chance to speak to you whilst on site so I would be able to discuss this with the Sports and Leisure team. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on 01472 813395 or e-mail me on Jessica.dale@bourne-leisure.co.uk

I am pleased your accommodation was clean and lovely. I hope that this won’t deter you from returning and I hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Haven brand.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

shame on you haven , been coming to haven sites for 17 years and still ave 4 booked for the next 18 months , but this one well yuk

arrived at the dated caravan m yes we had a dog so didn't expect luxury but cleanliness would have been a advantage

upon arriving to our caravan we saw cleaners in pink tops cleaning the caravan opposite whilst smoking , this was the first impressions

we opened the doors and was shocked there was hairs on the culterly and not been cleaned to well , at that point wasn't too bothered as always clean everthing before we eat anyway , hubby and family started getting cases in out the car m we had had a 5 hr journey and wanted to get settled , we later found receipts from the day before and more grime and mouldy food on items , I reported this and yes they did offer to move us , but as stated we had been on a long journey and didn't want to keep being moved
there was no broom and a mop with 3 strands they did come and change these rather quik in all fairness though

at 630 that evening my hubby and 19 year old daughter along with myself went for chips from the chippy on site for tea , a lady came round but my 16 year old daughter who was in with the dog told her to come back in 15 mins as we would be back , no one came back so I rang and was told to call in morning , later that evening my 16 yr old sat down with a hot drink to go directly through the chair which was broken , underneath was rubbish and dummies which wasn't mine so obviously had been broken before , I went mad as my daughter could have been scoulded !!! again was told to call back at 9 sat morning , he following morning we was prepering breakfast and putting something in the microwave it started sparking and making a hissing noise , this was the toppers on it we hadn't been here 24 hrs yet and I wanted to go home , I went to reception and spoke to a lady called jess m who again said we could move , after getting unoacked didn't really want to have to pack and unpack again , they did eventually send someone round to rectify the problem ,althought the maintenance man did say that the caravan should be used for clerkesons top gear show !! says a lot really dosnt it , I also wrote on the facebook haven holidays wall as I was told it was linked to head office I was told the day before we came home that someone would come and speak to us , I left all the caravans details but surprise surprise no one came , and now its been deleted !! all this made me feel this was a overall experience of 1 , funstars was good , chippy staff was moaning as only 2 had been on all day thursday and needed a break and started telling me that someone was taking over her role someone who hated her so she would leave , just hope the rest of my havens are better m we go easter October may day and august time , I have been put off but hope this is just this park , please please bear this is mind when booking , I don't complain to get up grades or free things I just want to receive what I paid for and on this occasion I didn't !! I mean you wouldn't go in to a garage for 4 new tyres pay for 4 and only recieve 2 would you , excalty

ler down thanks to you Thorpe park haven

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank mrsm586
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear mrsm586

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay with us.

It was such a disappointment to hear from a guest who hadn’t enjoyed their holiday especially given that we have had such positive feedback lately.

I want to apologise unreservedly for the issues you experienced, sometimes things do break but we are keen to rectify it as quickly as possible. We would also have sent a team of cleaners from housekeeping to have rectified any cleanliness issues you may have had if we had been aware. I am sorry the chair broke and I hope your daughter is alright.

If a guest is not happy with their accommodation we will always offer to move you to an alternative one, if we are unable to rectify any issues you may have however, I am pleased we were able to rectify these for you.

I am sorry you were told someone was going to visit your accommodation. Our Facebook is linked to our head office team and they will always contact us and let us know if we need to see or speak to any guests that have contacted them. I am sorry I was not aware that you were waiting for someone to visit you and I wish you had told me whilst you were on site. It’s always much better to contact us direct on site so that we are able to discuss this with you and resolve this in a way you would be happy with.

If you would like to discuss this further you are more than welcome to contact me and I would be more than happy to discuss this with you. It is such a shame that your holiday didn’t live up to your expectations however, if you did ever have a change of heart and did decide to book with us again please contact me personally and I would be more than happy to make sure your accommodation is to your satisfaction.

I can only hope that you will give us that opportunity, where I am positive we can restore your faith in us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week here with my family my children ages 8 & 5 had a great time the site was really good and touring facilities were good although could do with some updating in the bathrooms but clean enough. Nighttime entertainment was superb for all the family but would advise getting to the show bar early as it gets packed out very quickly with all the entertainment on for the younger children. We ate on site 2 times from Pappa Joes Pizza which was lovely though a little more than your usual pizza prices and the chip shop which was well priced and beautiful worth every penny, the pool was a bit of a free for all but that's only to be expected at these sort of places the lazy river and slides were fun although changing facilities were stressful hardly any lockers or changing rooms. The arcade was a firm favourite with my children stock up on your 2p before you go! The play parks were good both on the touring pitch and the sports complex, our 8 year old did a lot of activities which she thoroughly enjoyed but there wasn't a lot for our 5 year old due to age restrictions on a lot of the activities but the couple he did he thoroughly enjoyed. All in all we have had a fab week and would recommend for families of all ages

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thorpe H, Guest Relations Manager at Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Snetters

Thank you for your great review. The funstars will be delighted to read you found the entertainment superb and I am pleased you had a great stay with us. The touring pitches are being updated at the end of the season; I hope we will be welcoming you back to enjoy the new improvements next year for another fab week. You may need to stock up again on 2p’s.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in penny's caravan in June 2014 , had a fab time and penny was really helpful at all times , inside the caravan there were leaflets of things to do in the surrounding areas local air shows etc. and food menus so we could order in take away , taxi numbers , a small description of cheap supermarkets , restaurants , chippies etc . Beds were made up for our arrival at no extra cost , there was a welcome package of tea coffee sugar milk bread and biscuits , certainly not what you would get with haven and at a quarter of the cost of a haven holiday I would highly recommend a holiday here and to use this caravan , it was heated and spacious but homely , spotlessly clean and well equipped with a high chair and travel cot , arrival and departures were flexible , the only thing haven does is include passes in with the price but I'm sure if people request penny to do this she would sort it

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Emma W
Dear Emma W

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear of a private hire’s experience on our park. It is so nice to read that Penny was really helpful and sounds like the accommodation was superb. I hope you will come stay with us again in Penny’s lovely caravan.

mansfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hadn't been in a caravan since I was a child so I was not looking forward to it. I was surprised when I arrived how nice the site was. The caravans were spacious clean and had all modern amenities. There were 2 bedrooms 2 showers and a toilet. We even had central heating. There was plenty to do on the site. The girls loved the pools and the extra activities. The entertainment was ok. It is a short walk to pleasure island and a bus runs from the camp to Cleethorpes. Altogether an enjoyable week

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear millbrook1950

I am delighted to read you were pleasantly surprised and happy with your clean accommodation. We are a great base to go off an explore Pleasure Island and everything else Cleethorpes has to offer. I am pleased you enjoyed everything we have to offer and I hope to welcome you back for another enjoyable week.

Bournemouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this holiday because it appeared to be the only place in the area which offered key facilities to entertain our two teenagers whilst we visited family nearby.

Usually, when booking a caravan park holiday, the adage “you get what you pay for” stands true but in the case of Haven Thorpe Park, this clearly is not the case. We have paid a lot less and had much, much better with other operators. We booked what was described and priced as a premium caravan, The Retreat. Premium cost it might have been, premium quality it certainly was not. It may be that the previous occupants have all treated it badly but since it’s meant to have been new this year, I seriously doubt that this is the case. The general build standard was poor and the subsequent maintenance levels were clearly even worse. Nothing was mission critical but everything together just meant that the whole place felt grubby and various things just didn’t work to a “premium” standard. Examples include: white decking - very nice until it’s not cleaned properly for too long and then just looks shabby and rank; the kitchen tap was loose; the pipes under the kitchen sink leaked (not much but it smelt nasty;) the cooker extractor fan didn’t work properly; bathroom extractor fan was nigh on useless; the shower head was leaky; the toilet was difficult to flush properly; the bathroom window ledge was broken; the bedrooms were tiny; the double mattress wasn’t big enough for the base and was of a very poor quality so both of us have ended up with back problems. I could go on but it would take forever.

The park itself had the capability of being an amazing place to stay but, through what appears to be a combination of growth and neglect, this is clearly not the case. Whilst I appreciate that the weather we had during the first weekend was uncommonly severe, for a holiday park in the North East of the country, I’d have expected it to be better equipped to cope with inclement conditions. They clearly do not have sufficient drainage in place to cope with the rainfall they must regularly get in that area of the country. The main car park by the entertainment complex spent much of the week with a large area under water, causing holidaymakers to park along the road instead, which in turn then caused issues with traffic flow and was dangerous for the pedestrians. The lakes & ponds were all overgrown with weeds and were clearly not being checked regularly for rubbish and if there were fish in the “Fish Feeding” pond, they certainly weren’t evident. The dovecote is broken (meant to be an attraction on the site) The Donkeys (although I’m not an expert) looked exhausted and had no shelter, not even trees, which I fear is possibly a case for the RSPCA?

As is always the case with Haven parks, none of the activity areas / food establishments / entertainment complex / swimming pool etc. were accessible without going through a large arcade. Fortunately we have teenagers who know better than to constantly nag for money we don’t have; but for parents of young children this must be a complete nightmare for them - how exactly do you explain to a five-year-old that you can’t spend a small fortune several times a day because you have to go past these machines with bright colours and flashing lights and toys? On a further note, when you did spend money on the machines, the prizes generally come in the form of tickets which you can collect and claim in one go. This is all very well, except the “shop” for claiming prizes based upon your tickets is only open for very limited periods, none of which are particularly convenient and certainly appear to be timed to discourage people from actually claiming prizes. We ended up giving ours to a random small child since we were unable to use them ourselves. Makes you wonder how many children just go away very disappointed?

Our primary reason for booking this park was the swimming pool which looked particularly good in the pictures (more fool us for believing it, I suppose) Sadly, the reality was that the pool was a fraction of the size it needed to be for the number of holiday-makers at the park. The one time our teens tried to use it, they got out 15 minutes later because it was just too crowded. The attendants actually had to stop people going in because the demand was so great. Add to this that they shut the outside during the rain - surely you’re going to get wet anyway, so shutting it is a redundant measure? Understandably they didn’t bother trying again. The other attraction were the activities (all at an extra cost, of course.) So we paid in advance for a multi-activity pass so the teens could at least occupy themselves to some extent. The one thing they both really wanted to do was the zip wire, so we booked it online in advance to make sure they got to do it, only to then be told on our arrival day that it was broken…. and couldn’t be fixed for a week. In reality it’s still not fixed (nearly two weeks later.) Is it seriously that difficult to find a new tyre suitable for this use, and fit it, in prime holiday season? Maybe I’m expecting too much. To their credit, the other activities we tried - abseiling, target shooting, leap of faith etc. were run professionally, if a little expensive for the amount of time given for each activity.

Overall, if you have limitless cash resources, aren’t too fussy about cleanliness and enjoy permanently crowded areas, then this is the place for you. If you want value for money and a clean place to stay, go elsewhere. We definitely won’t be going back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank casualtyofchocolate
Dear casualtyofchocolate

Thank you for your review, I am really sorry that you are disappointed with your recent stay.
I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your Retreat caravan, if a guest is not happy we will move you to alternative accommodation. If you consider booking a caravan again in the future I would recommend the prestige as they are much bigger. For future preference, caravans do not come equipped with extractor fans; it uses a vent system and is not the standard inventory.

Our team on site work hard to maintain the park and I am saddened to read how you feel about our site. We have had an outstanding amount of rain recently due to Hurricane Bertha and encountered much more rain than anticipated.

I am sincerely sorry that the zip wire broke during your stay; I can assure you it is now fixed and back up and running. We are only human and sometimes things do break, but we will do all that we can to fix them as quickly as possible. I wish it was as easy as getting a new tyre, for health and safety it has to be inspected and signed off by an outside company.

With it being Peak season we are much busier, however our complex can accommodate everyone on park. I wonder whether you would prefer a quieter setting. The lazy river and outside slides won’t close due to rain; we keep an eye on the weather throughout the day, every day in case of any weather warnings for thunder storms and will only close if there are any warnings.

Our team are here to help you resolve any concerns you have whilst here on park, I am truly sorry you didn’t enjoy your experience with us. If you wish to discuss your feedback further please feel free to contact me with your name and holiday reference number at Jessica.dale@bourne-leisure.co.uk

I am truly sorry and can only hope that one day we can restore your faith in the Haven brand.

Jessica Dale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
The St. James Hotel Grimsby
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
#3 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Thorpe Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!