“mick the fish”

The Dovedale Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 140 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“mick the fish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

my wife and I had lunch on Monday 28 had steaks me t bone my wife fillet both were tough we both left half the steaks the chips where ok salad ok lager was flat would I go again no total bill 35 pounds poor value

1 Thank michael e

“sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

my husband and i went here for lunch today,i rang to book my favorite table about 2 hours before we went,on arriving we decided to sit outside with our westie as the sun was shinning.The staff was so helpful one waiter carried our drinks outside and the other brought the menu very friendly and polite there was even a tap and a bowl for the dog to have a drink.I had the lamb my husband had the beef very tasty great food and the plate wasnt over flowing just enough for our small appetites but for an extra 2.50 you can have a larger roast.All fresh good quality food.My only moan was that the yorkshire puds where a bit like cakes but hard ones.Will go again.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Pleasant ambience and nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went here for a meal on a Monday night and had a very nice evening. The staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The food was nice although the 'side salad' was no more than a garnish; about half a rocket leaf chopped up and coated with something, hence the score. The bar area was a little small and so felt more crowded than it really was but being a Monday the restaurant was quiet and felt cosy.

“meal with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Booked for afternoon tea as recommended by a number of friends. Turned out ot be a freezing cold day so we changed our minds and had a meal instead. The restaurant manager was very accomodating despite the fact that she had the table already beautifully laid for afternoon tea. Service was good without being oppressive. We felt very comfortable and welcome. The food was delicious particularly the desserts and all 5 of us enjoyed it. We found it relaxed and friendly and good value.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Good food, but shocking customer service and management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Having read your comments in relation to the “Do not go unless you want to be sworn at by the restaurant manager” I feel the need to comment.
I am astonished and insulted by the comments made by the manager of the Dovedale. The reason for the review was because of the unprofessional and disappointing manner in which a genuine complaint was handled.
Our visit was to celebrate a colleagues birthday. Having eaten there on numerous occasions in the past usually in parties in excess of 6 people we had always enjoyed excellent food and the restaurant became a favorite of many of us. So much so one member of the party frequented the restaurant 3 times in 3 weeks leading up to this last visit and another had stayed over on numerous occasions.
Unfortunately this will no longer be the case.
Are your comments regarding “loop holes” an admission your advertisement is misleading? We merely questioned the wording of your 2 for 1 offer, which when we placed our order we clearly specified we was ordering in pairs. At no point did the waitress ask if we was ordering as couples, as a group, or that we would be charged for the most expensive items. Your menu clearly states 2 for 1, not 4 for 2
I am surprised someone who works in the hospitality industry could be so hostile and rude let alone manage an establishment with the reputation of the Dovedale. It is a sad reflection of the contempt he has for his customers, which was highlighted by his instance to argue infront of other customers while they were eating despite my colleagues request to discuss the issue in private. What concerns me the most is this persons view and disrespect of his loyal customers, undervaluing and unaware of the custom and support we had previously given.

5 Thank Insulted993