“Go here and you will be pleased!”
Review of Ocean Fish Bar

Ocean Fish Bar
Ranked #7 of 147 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An Upmarket fish and chip restaurant with an interested owner, we are also committed to people with disabilities - no steps or ramps, disabled toilet with alarm and room around the tables for back to back wheelchairs.
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I visited this fish and chip bar because it was recommended. I purchased haddock and chips, twice to take away and eat on the seafront. The young woman with brown hair and glasses who served us was cheery, careful and attentive. Others were waiting and they spoke very well on the service and food. I had a quick look in the restaurant and thought it was clean, tidy, comfortable, fresh and airy; I'd certainly eat in next time I visit Cleethorpes.

Superbly cooked fish - Raymond Blanc could not have fried it better! And proper, tasty chips.

Go there too!

1  Thank D A

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when in Cleethorpes which is not very often so sometimes we make a detour for the purpose. We always have haddock and chips because it's simply the best we've ever had anywhere. Perfectly cooked fish in light crispy batter. Chips also spot on. However there are many other choices on the menu for those who want something different. Service, atmosphere snd cleanliness are faultless.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I visited Ocean Fish bar with two friends last Thursday evening.
On entering Ocean Fish bar we were seated quickly by a very nice lady who was polite and knowledgable of the menu.
I ordered the large Haddock with chips and peas. It arrived after about 5 minutes and looked very nice indeed.
Because Cleethorpes is a fishing town I was told by my friends it was likely that the fish I was about to eat was swimming in the sea early that very morning.
I can honestly say hand on heart that I have NEVER in my life had fish like it. It was the best!! I just wish that I could get fish and chips like that in London where I live.
The bill was very reasonable and all in all the whole experience was outstanding.
It is a place I will definitely visit again to eat.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The jumbo haddock was not as big as at other restaurants locally. The service was fine although they could try to be cheerful.

Will not be returning

2  Thank HellyLou
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We have been here several times and it has always been excellent. Today was no exception and although busy we got a table for two with very little waiting. Had our usual Senior Citizen's haddock and chips, mushy peas, bread and butter and a pot of freshly made tea and some hot water to top it up plus an icecream to follow. Super place, super food, super service what more could we ask! The staff are extremely friendly and efficient, well worth a visit if you happen to be in the area.
Jean and John Ruddy, Dronfield, Derbyshire.