“Oustanding!”

Ranked #7 of 140 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An Upmarket fish and chip restaurant with an interested owner
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Oustanding!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Been here a couple of times now and have to say that each time the food and service has been outstanding.

The price has also been very reasonable as well. A dinner for four including drinks was £35. In light of the portions and quality this was excellent value.

A word of warning though. I was feeling quite peckish when I went in so thought I would order the large haddock thinking it wouldn't be that large. Big mistake, huge! A fillet of whale strived overhanging my plate! It was very tasty though!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank PhilF67

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Best fish n chips I have ever had.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I am from NZ, we do good fish n chips. But this is the best fish n chips I have ever had.
The fish n chips were just as good when I first ate here 6 years ago.
The batter was not thick, gloopy and heavy, but light and delicious - it was not the main ingredient, the fish was.
The chips were also not really fatty, but nicely done so as not to be greasy.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank kiwimedicuk
London
“Well worth the 180 miles trip to visit the Ocean Fish Bar”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Carol met us and warmly settled us at our table. Obviously a woman who takes pride in her establishment and cuisine. The menus are straightforward and there are traditional options of fish(haddock of course!) and chips, mushy peas, B&B and tea for a great value price. We only waited a mere 7 minutes before we were eating fried fish hard to beat in the best restaurants of the UK. I like the decor albeit too many references to Hull for my liking as a Meggie and Grimsby lad. Clean toilets and smart staff. Excellent overall.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank D A
“Hometown heavan ”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Grimsby and Cleethorpes in general is hell on earth (a dump) but the one thng its got is the biggest and best fish and chip shops in the land - and for me this is the top haddock ! Jumbo for me with mushy , chips and a couple of slabs of B&B . Pure quality and always good service ..... Beer on draft is the bonus here always get a couple in before starting proceedings one pointer ... Maybe give us an extra 10 minutes before you bring the jumbo out next time so i can get a third pint in ;-)

1 Thank richard5003
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We really enjoyed sitting in the Ocean Fish Bar, and having our fish and chips, peas, bread and butter and a pot of tea, served to us.
Everything was well cooked, and the portions were of a good size.
Glad we were recommended to visit.

• Visited July 2014