“Worst meal I've ever had”
Review of Pear Tree

Pear Tree
Ranked #65 of 141 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Pear Tree. Bring the family along to our great 2 for 1 menu, you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
Louth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal I've ever had”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I came here with family around two years ago and had a lovely meal so after a day out with my boyfriend we thought we'd give it a go, worst decision I've made in a long time. We ordered the garlic bread selection for starter which came mushy and soggy like it had been in a microwave and the mains weren't much better. I had the BBQ chicken, which was very dry and the chips were plain frozen chips served with plain coleslaw. My boyfriend ordered the 'crispy' chicken fillet burger which came in a dry bun which they didn't even both to make they just threw the bun and the chicken fillets on the plate. The batter was soggy on the inside and the chicken itself felt rubbery and was tasteless. It was just like a fillet size cheap chicken nugget with no taste. McDonalds serve better quality burgers which says a lot! All I can say is that it's a good job the main meals were 2 for 1 as I wouldn't have paid £10/£11 for either of these main courses! I suppose if you buy cheap you get cheap. I won't be returning and it's a shame as I enjoyed the last time a lot and the atmosphere is lovely. What a way to put a dampner on a really nice day out!

• Visited April 2014

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I was with my family at the pear tree for a birthday meal with my family
My steak was brilliant and my family's food was brilliant aswell
We r coming here again! :-)

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Wheelchair friendly. Good service and food.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I returned to this restaurant as the first visit proved enjoyable with good food and very good service. The proprietor on the first visit made sure I had a suitable table as a wheelchair user, plus helped with the door on the way out. The staff are all friendly. There is plenty of space and a disabled toilet (key operated). Will certainly go back again.

• Visited April 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and 2 sons booked a table here for mothers day the restaurant had not one empty seat still the service was excellent and the food sure was too x well done x we have returned with a party of 14 People for my sons birthday all food came out together very hot and of good quality we will be back x

Visited March 2014
Grassington, United Kingdom
“super supper”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We would highly recommend the pear tree food is lovely and very good portions. the place is spotless and the staff lovely. prices are really good and there is a really good choice of menu .

• Visited March 2014