“quick and easy, worth a visit”
Review of Pear Tree

Pear Tree
Ranked #55 of 140 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to the Pear Tree. Bring the family along to our great 2 for 1 menu, you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
“quick and easy, worth a visit”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

friendly staff, extremely good service, great value for money, family friendly, good for a quick tea, evening mea or even just a couple of drinks outside in the sunshine

Visited May 2014

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Went for the first time yesterday, Wednesday 7 May at lunchtime. Chose the seafood paella which I must say was one of the best dishes I have ever tasted. My Aunt had the salmon and this too was delicious. Two-for-one price, you just can't go wrong! :-)

• Visited May 2014
cleethorpes
“Terrible”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Went for a lunch had a veg lasagne absolutely disgusting. The price was £9.00 the serving was like a child's portion only two strips of pasta, only one small piece of pepper and one piece of marrow, it was burnt around the sides of the dish had to send it back. The replacement was just as bad. We got the meals as buy one get one free good job as I would never had paid the price of it. They need a surprise visit.

Visited April 2014
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Best part of pub is kids play area”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

to be honest, the only reason we came here was because the kids enjoy the outdoor play area. firstly we sat outside and had a drink whilst the kids played. we then went in. it was a sunday afternoon and the pub was less than half full. If you went to the Trawlerman/Jug and bottle/Grosvenor on a sunday pm, they would be heaving. we asked for a table. we were sat down. the first thing the waiter said was that we had to be gone by 3 as the table was booked. although, we had no intention of staying for that long anyway, we didnt appreciate being told what time we had to finish. we ordered 4 burger meals between the 5 of us. (2 adults, 1 teen and 2 young kids). although they turned up quickly, the food was dissapointing. the chicken burgers, were just large chicken nuggets, the buns were burnt and dry, the chips were overdone and the coleslaw looked like it was 2 weeks old. we ate what we wanted and left. dont plan on returning. only good point is price.

• Visited April 2014
Louth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal I've ever had”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I came here with family around two years ago and had a lovely meal so after a day out with my boyfriend we thought we'd give it a go, worst decision I've made in a long time. We ordered the garlic bread selection for starter which came mushy and soggy like it had been in a microwave and the mains weren't much better. I had the BBQ chicken, which was very dry and the chips were plain frozen chips served with plain coleslaw. My boyfriend ordered the 'crispy' chicken fillet burger which came in a dry bun which they didn't even both to make they just threw the bun and the chicken fillets on the plate. The batter was soggy on the inside and the chicken itself felt rubbery and was tasteless. It was just like a fillet size cheap chicken nugget with no taste. McDonalds serve better quality burgers which says a lot! All I can say is that it's a good job the main meals were 2 for 1 as I wouldn't have paid £10/£11 for either of these main courses! I suppose if you buy cheap you get cheap. I won't be returning and it's a shame as I enjoyed the last time a lot and the atmosphere is lovely. What a way to put a dampner on a really nice day out!

• Visited April 2014