“Awful”

Ranked #53 of 140 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to the Pear Tree. Bring the family along to our great 2 for 1 menu, you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went there for a nice meal but no, the sticky BBQ chicken felt liked it was microwaved, it was hard to cut and too boney which can cause a choking hazard. It's not worth your money. The staff need training more seems like all they do all day is stand and chat to the other workers. Not impressed.

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were staying at a holiday park about half hour down the road.

Myself, husband and child each had 3 courses plus drinks and the bill was under £40. How can people be complaining about the prices?

The food was lovely and service was good and quick..

I have worked in hospitality for a good number of years now and always very critical of where I am. On this occasion I was very impressed.

Thanks!

Derby, United Kingdom
“Never Ever Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very disappointed, would not ever come again with pre cooked food. Can the chef cook?
They all need to go on training again how to be hostess and cook...

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Okay, not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I found the menu a bit random and it didn't contain a lot of the usual pub classics e.g. I normally have half roast chicken and chips, but they didn't have this? No mixed grill anymore either.

Manager was very nice a credit to marstons, but the food was pretty 'meh' overall.

• Visited May 2014
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“As a long term customer-never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

After been a customer for at least 4 years, going on average once a month, celebrated several family birthdays etc I have been truly been made to feel like a liar after saying I wasn't happy with paying £13 for my steak meal. It had obviously been sat under the hot lights as it was deep brown & bone dry (even the chips) after informing the waitress I got a sauce as I didn't want to sit on my own & eat but it was still hard to swallow but must admit I still ate 60% of my meal as I was starving. On requesting the bill I said I still wasn't happy about paying the full amount just for my steak as it was that bad.. The waitress said abruptly "I'll get my supervisor".. The (normally very polite & welcoming Irish guy) came over & after explaining rudely replied well it could be that bad you've ate some of it & said well I've not seen you in here before!! Well couldn't believe it, felt a fraud ,,, he took 20% off reluctantly after almost arguing & embarrassing me. I have spent hundreds of pounds here but not a penny more! & shall be spreading the word as I am local!!!
Very willing to leave my email.
sturner742009@hotmail.com