“lovely family pub”

Ranked #54 of 148 Restaurants in Cleethorpes
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Pear Tree. Bring the family along to our great 2 for 1 menu, you'll be sure of a warm welcome.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

lovely pub that serves tasty filling meals and the prices are good.

there is a playground outside for children to burn off some energy and plenty of parking

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very small portion of food I got one slice of carrot 3 potatoes and one piece of broccoli with my chicken,a little slither if cake for desert. My daughter ordered hot choc cake for desert it came cold when I asked for him to warm it he told me it had been in the microwave,very slow service we were only one of two families in and waited ages for table to be cleared and order desert.overpriced very small portions,slow rude service.won't be going back!

1  Thank Rachaekmc
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Last night of a holiday and tempted in by the 2for1 deal on main courses. Friendly serving staff eager to assist and really good choice on the specials board. Ordered ribeye steak and it came well presented and perfectly cooked and a decent portion. Other half had chicken and garlic in a mushroom sauce, again ample portions and tasty. Two generous dessert courses a couple of real ales and 3 cokes and a bill for £33 , really good value and decent quality food. The diner was busy but the staff still took time to describe the various ales and food on offer and check we were happy with our food. Well worth the visit, will happily visit again

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Try for yourself, I was nearly put off. Decided we'd had too many lovely meals here to be dissuaded by a few negative posts.
I visit the pear tree at weekends with my husband and through the week with my elderly disabled mother. I take her to lunch once a week and it's her highlight, granted not always to the Pear Tree.
I told her about the negative write ups, however she insisted she still wanted to go. As it was half term I took my 9 yr old granddaughter and her friend too.
Upon arrival we were shown to the table of our choice as it was vacant, our drinks order was taken and arrived promptly, and our meals ordered. Mum and I had Rib Eye steak, medium. The steak was cooked to perfection, thick, juicy, full of flavour and so tender. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and had no room for dessert. My granddaughter had pizza, veg sticks and pasta from the little monster menu, far more than she could eat, her friend had beans, mash and chicken tortilla wrap with salad, again from the little monster menu, it looked delicious and was an adult sized plate full, four wraps folded into triangles and fanned on the plate, chicken on top of the salad, beans and mash to the side, weird combination I know but that's what she wanted. I didn't think she'd eat it all but she was really enjoying it and didn't want to leave it, to my amazement she ate the lot.
They went to play in the outdoor play area while mum and I had our drinks, discussing the reviews and how if we'd taken notice of them we would have been the ones to lose out. My only regret is I didn't have time to write this review yesterday when I returned home.
I'd just like to say that I have had some very nice steaks, here in the UK and especially in the steakhouses in the USA, and this one yesterday was up there with them. We will definitely be back.
I would also like to mention our waitress who was lovely, friendly and helpful, unfortunately I didn't note her name, but I'm sure if she reads this she'll know it was her.
If I had to give an against I would be very hard pushed, but it would be the drinks are a bit over priced for the size of them. In their defence they have to earn a living, which I'm sure they can't do at £15.95 for Rib Eye steak, chips peas and onion rings, twice, that's £8 each. You'd be hard pushed to just buy the Rib Eye for that, never mind the rest, then there is rent/mortgage, rates, electric, gas, water bills, chef, waiter and waitresses, cleaners and gardener not to mention the maintenance of the place. So really I am not moaning about the price, just saying I understand and it perhaps doesn't cross some customers minds about the overheads.
Thank you, and we'll see you again soon.

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The young male waiter from the start ignored us for a table of giggling girls. They'd received their starters before we'd been asked what we'd like to order. Twice I had to go the bar for our drinks as we had been completely ignored. Food wasn't worth the wait, in fact I was poorly after this meal. Made a complaint as we left to pay the bill, again at the bar as we weren't being served sat at the table. The response was a joke, literally they laughed! She shouted to the lad "You're in trouble again!".
Never going back!! I wouldn't recommend anyone to either!

3  Thank Lisa T