“Retro Afternoon tea! ”

Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Figs is our small but exclusive restaurant situated in the heart of Cleethorpes.In addition to our menu we also offer daily fish specials which we have become renowned for.We are also great for celebrating a special occasion or company dinner and can cater upto 45 people.We take pride in our food quality and service at Figs to ensure that you have a great dining experience.
Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

Came with a friend for this fab take on afternoon tea. Beautiful presentation and tasted even better! Amazing service from the very friendly waitress Lisa. All washed down with a couple of g and ts!
Perfect
Will be returning!

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank pussycat2000

Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

We have been to Figs a few times now and have always had great food. We tried their new retro afternoon tea when we last went and it was lovely, some brilliant little dishes and they all tasted great. The staff where really friendly as always too. Always recommend it to people.

2  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Day after Boxing Day my elderly mum and dad wanted to take out to lunch two of their relatives from Chelmsford they asked me for a recommendation and I told them figs was very nice food but that the seating is far too close together, they booked it and went and was very disappointed as was their relatives, they waited a very long time for a poor lunch and very slow service and felt they were sat on top of other diners and will not go again

Reviewed 19 December 2018 via mobile

Just been to Figs with my friend for a catch up supper and we have both thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We had the soup to begin with (I am never a soup choooser but the idea of cauliflower cheese soup lured me in ) and it was absolutely fabulous! So full of flavour served with super light warm bread. We were both hard pushed to choose a main course as pretty much everything sounded divine..,but in the end my friend had the pan fried halibut and I had the jambalaya risotto with salmon. The risotto was was so bursting with flavour I didn’t want it to end and the salmon was perfectly cooked. Although the mains were plentiful I did decide I could possibly squeeze a dessert in.... i plumped for the gardeners cheesecake (see picture) which was totally fabulous. It beat me, I have to say, as it was huge. But the cheesecake was light and the chocolate sauce was clearly home made and not overly sweet, which was a beautiful contrast to the cheesecake. We had a bottle of the white Rioja which was light and crisp and complemented the fish dishes perfectly. All in all we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and will definitely return with our other halves after Christmas is out of the way.

2  Thank chrisisyourchef
Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

We went to Figs for our Christmas evening out with friends and was so impressed! We went on a busy Saturday night and couldn't fault the service ,they were so helpful and organised. We all had starters,main and desserts and the food was out of this world! I had the Jacobs ladder with a chip butty,the meat was melting off the bone it was delicious! The atmosphere is high end but relaxed and nothing is too much for the front of house.Cant wait to visit again!

1  Thank Amidoo89