“Tasty food, smaller portions, little atmosphere”
Review of The Captain's Table - CLOSED

The Captain's Table
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very tasty fresh food. Quite expensive for day time with little atmosphere. On a positive quality- perhaps better in evening rather than mid afternoon when visited

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Booked in for an early Father's Day lunch, we were seated quite quickly and order taken, we were asked if we wanted bread and butter with meal, which we said yes. Food turned up soon enough but alas no bread and butter!. Food quality was ok but not fantastic. We then waited 15 mins after finishing for a waitress to actually ask if we wanted anything else, even though they had come down to other tables near us, only to pick up a couple of dirty glasses then disappear again. Another long wait for pudding to arrive we asked for bill, when ordering pudding, bill arrived a long time before the pudding did!. Will not be in a rush to go back!.

3  Thank Ahab1963
Reviewed 5 June 2014

What a great place to eat, I was on a day out with my Daughter and had just about lost hope of finding somewhere good to eat as everywhere seems to close around 16:00. One look at the menu was enough, what a choice, very pleasant staff, proper napkins on the tables. I chose the crab salad, it was so good, came with a side dish of new potatoes, neither myself or daughter are big potato fans, ate the lot between us. She had the cod and chips, said it was very good, it looked it too. My daughter had a fancy coffee and water, I had a pot of green tea, refilled on request, total bill just shy of £22, really good value, didn't have to wait long for food to arrive but as it was quiet and I think we were in the nick of time to get served. Have to try here again without doubt.

1  Thank Malcolm G
John H, Owner at The Captain's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. We try to please everyone who comes to The Captain's Table. Just for your information, we open daily from 12 noon and serve food all day until 9pm Monday - Thursday, 9.15pm Friday & Saturday and 12 noon - 5pm Sunday. I think you must have had a quiet moment before the evening customers started to arrive, I hope the quiet atmosphere at that time didn't spoil anything for you.
Many thanks again.

John Hancock
The Captain's Table.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have been twice before and thoroughly enjoyed what we had ... the Daytime Special based on F&C, with mushy peas and bread & butter included in the price. The product quality, including the bundled bread & butter, is excellent. The presentation quality is very high for a Daytime Special, e.g. evening quality napkins, and the service good. For drinks we had an enjoyable pot of tea. Excellent value overall for what was provided, and a clear Five Stars.

So what is there to complain about? On our most recent visit we felt the need for a dessert but were disappointed by what was on offer. The dessert menu is more suited to an evening meal and at £5.50 per serving is massively out of step with the £6.50 for the Daytime Special main course. A simple lunchtime dessert menu, compatible with a F&C main course, and sensibly priced at around £3.25 per serving would be welcome.

1  Thank MikeandFlo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

just hade lunch captains table again and I know iv said it before I keep going back to see if the standard has dropped no chance in fact it gets better if you do not visit this restaurant you will never be able to say iv eaten the best fish chips in Cleethorpes in fact we have booked a table out side for july 26 free air show and cleefest music after the show remember on your list be for I die captains table

1  Thank michael e